toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I had to resort to the 'cure all ailments' cheat. Just wearing flat shoes wasn't actually removing the pain even after several days. Not sure if the new shoe stuff is buggy, poorly balanced, or just has the shittiest UI imaginable for statuses, which let me get into such a pain state that I can't figure out how to recover.
The shoes pain concept is actually a 'stolen' idea from the game cursed. The concept itself makes sense as your tendons need to adjust to having your feet in a complete and utterly unnatural position all the time :) I have had quite a few ladies in my life who had serious trouble using flats as they had been using high heels for most of their life - i am not kidding you.
But the current implementation was just added into the existing code which is very poor regarding status message to begin with. And for some odd reason the current dev group seems to prefer the blindness of the user as the lack of status feedback is a general thing - not only for heels.

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, as an idea, it doesn't bother me. Wearing heels if you never have before sucks. But there's no indication that pain from shoes could even be a problem until you happen to notice that your pain is high, and that painkillers do absolutely nothing, which is just shit design. And once the heels are removed, you are still in pain days latter. It's just a shit system all the way around. And that's even with the consideration that these adult indie games aren't the best designed games to begin with. Even the changelog just says the shoes provide small boosts, but doesn't mention "oh yeah, they could also tank your stats without warning LOL!" (unless I just missed it) Anyway, I'm not saying anything you all don't know. Just venting. :D

I ended up restarting my game and I'm just ignoring the entire shoes system now.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Can you still use the cheat file once you start a new game with the downloaded qsp?
Which cheat file do you mean? The cheat menu is integral part of the current version and doesnt need anything from the outside. Or do you refer to the version @TCMS published some pages back? If you refer to the qspgui.cfg file - that is completely independent from the version you play. It configures how the player itself sets up the different windows.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Dont dl my version, it's outdated for the new stats / events

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Oh, I missed the cheat menu there. I'm so used to modding these things with extra files I forgot this one was already integrated. Pardon me.

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
Ugh, looks like the complaint about running and volleyball back on page 5 (which I forgot about) is still a problem.

Running and volleyball (at least) can't be upgraded by exercising because they fucked up the vars. So you have to cheat. But the cheat menu will not let you increase anything past 100. At the very least, you need running to go up to around 170 if you want the win the races. As is, you can't get past the district championship. I may take a shot at fixing it if it's simple.

*edit*
I did the following. This is not a fix, as that requires moving the code into the new stats system and I don't feel like figuring that system out. But it does give you the ability to win the track competitions (and maybe more volleyball games? Haven't tried them), and also get it to recognize that your running/volleyball stats are increasing.

All I did was do a search/replace, replacing all instances of run_lvl with run_exp, vball_lvl with vball_exp, and icesktng_lvl with icesktng_exp.

I didn't do anything else. Things like ftball_lvl don't even exist in the code, so I think they are part of the new system. Dancing might need some love, but I didn't check.

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
This is actually how it was meant to work according to the dev group - but emphasis is on supposed

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Forgeshield

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
This is actually how it was meant to work according to the dev group - but emphasis is on supposed
[/SPOILER]
The trouble is the "run;" portion of that line is in the code as...

Code:
pcs_run = (run_lvl + (2 * (pcs_agil + pcs_stren) + pcs_vital) / 5) / 2 - notfem
...but 'run_lvl' doesn't actually exist anywhere in the code except on the cheat page. Instead run_exp is what get increased.

My guess is that there was too much code for the running/volleyball portions, so they got put off until a later update... and no one told the person who wrote the above code, so things broke. Updating the above (and the cheat page) to use run_exp seems like a 'fix' that basically just reverts running back to the previous system.

Where I am not confident as to what should be happening is with how you actually update something.

The stats each have their own item in a stats array, and then some fancy functions to manipulate them so that you don't have to edit 'run_lvl' directly. But you have to call those functions. For example, if you train your jab (which I think works correctly), the following gets called...
Code:
gs 'exercise', 'tier3', 0, 'jab_exp', 'react_exp'
...but if you train running, it directly sets run_exp += rand(2, 3), so the functions don't get called, so run_lvl is never updated. I haven't taken time to figure out if the running vars should be treated like the kickboxing stuff is (that is, call 'exercise'), or if they are something else. Which is why I just changed where the values are checked instead of trying to actually do it correctly. :)

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
As i stated in the pm - i had a reason to start the mod. Scrapping and trashing a huge chunk of code to rewrite and centralize functions is more economical than trying to fix bits and pieces that belong to completely different codings and are impossible to fix without trashing one or the other system.

Skill updates and experience are not functions being called but code snippets all over the entire code. Right now they get added/called inside events, inside if clauses inside a location etc. Which is essentially wrong or at least bad coding. I have been through the development and bug thread over at TFG since June 2016 and stuff that was reported and then flagged as 'fixed' is still floating around in the code.

The skill system i posted is essentially only partially implemented - so fixing anything would require a fullhearted decision first which one it is going to be. It cant be one AND the other it has to be OR. Since perception and charisma are essentially not used ingame right now your answer would be : it has to be the other.

tl;dr: CORE system broken, exists in 2 different versions, scrap one totally then fix the code not before

Last edited:

randa

May 7, 2017
How can i learn elementalmagic at Kazuzu? My Magic is 100 willpwoer 950 is ther anything els missing? Or is it not implemented yet? I did try about 50 times but always fail.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
How can i learn elementalmagic at Kazuzu? My Magic is 100 willpwoer 950 is ther anything els missing? Or is it not implemented yet? I did try about 50 times but always fail.
keep trying and trying and trying.

randa

May 7, 2017
I am confsed. Sveta body description is " Ripped" but still the BF revers to Sveta as chunky and should be thin.
If I look with cheats: Bodyfat is 60. SVeta is very sporty / fighter. How do I set her up as slim? I thought she should eat more to become less ripped?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I am confsed. Sveta body description is " Ripped" but still the BF revers to Sveta as chunky and should be thin.
If I look with cheats: Bodyfat is 60. SVeta is very sporty / fighter. How do I set her up as slim? I thought she should eat more to become less ripped?
The body system uses subsets called Body Image Set. Ripped is part of the default_high set- so slim would be 'lean' or even lower 'wiry' and 'starving'. The only way to get there is by starving yourself down.

P.S: You can of course also use fat burners or surgery

You can maintain your sporty attributes by doing less sport and eating less for a few days and then take up training again. Losing weight will be shown when you shower.

I am not done with all code yet but from the top of my head i think it was salo who is the controlling factor for all of it. salocatnow is the variable that controls which body image set is used and it is calculated by
Code:
salocatnow = 1 + (salo - 10) / 20

Last edited:

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
The trouble is the "run;" portion of that line is in the code as...

Code:
pcs_run = (run_lvl + (2 * (pcs_agil + pcs_stren) + pcs_vital) / 5) / 2 - notfem
...but 'run_lvl' doesn't actually exist anywhere in the code except on the cheat page. Instead run_exp is what get increased.

My guess is that there was too much code for the running/volleyball portions, so they got put off until a later update... and no one told the person who wrote the above code, so things broke. Updating the above (and the cheat page) to use run_exp seems like a 'fix' that basically just reverts running back to the previous system.

Where I am not confident as to what should be happening is with how you actually update something.

The stats each have their own item in a stats array, and then some fancy functions to manipulate them so that you don't have to edit 'run_lvl' directly. But you have to call those functions. For example, if you train your jab (which I think works correctly), the following gets called...
Code:
gs 'exercise', 'tier3', 0, 'jab_exp', 'react_exp'
...but if you train running, it directly sets run_exp += rand(2, 3), so the functions don't get called, so run_lvl is never updated. I haven't taken time to figure out if the running vars should be treated like the kickboxing stuff is (that is, call 'exercise'), or if they are something else. Which is why I just changed where the values are checked instead of trying to actually do it correctly. :)
How do I go about editing the code in these files? Is there a program I can use, or do I do it the normal way and use Notepad++?

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes