Selaiko

Oct 12, 2020
The advert would probably need Anya to look at as she's the head of images and such. I can't recall what it looks like but maybe it can be adapted to the burlesque lessons and we can get something running there?
I have two possible suggestions on the ad issue assuming no immediate plans of adding those lessons somewhere. Either replace the current one with one that advertises both the current Burlesque Show and the shop for Burlesque dresses instead of the lessons being listed there. That would be relatively simple as just the actual ad image would need to be swapped out with a different image with the same name and file format... and I think the dance lessons mention is at the bottom in a captioned images type text which could be easily replaced with the dress shop text without needing to also update the Notice Board images.

The second suggestion would require more effort, but I think would add more to the game. Swap out that ad entirely for a different ad that alerts Sveta and players that she can pick up a driver's license in St Petersburg's Community Center in the Industrial area. This way more people would be aware of the possibility of alternative transportation, and also would be a good way of announcing that Sveta must be 18+ (and that the fake id won't count) by simply listing that info in the ad like a typical disclaimer about age limits and the right to investigate the id.
(Although personally I still do not think that the government drones doing the local version of the DMV would actually catch any fraud id's. But perhaps Russian workers are more alert to fraud than American ones. Because it absoutely would be initially accepted here, even if it eventually might get investigated and overruled.)

The 3 school kids were part of the various mods that were merged to form ETO 1.2.2 that I merged into Girl Life line by line some 7 or 8 years ago. Apart from sorting out their text and code changes to keep stuff working they've no had much attention. The stopping you if not a slut was added because Vasily is an old friend from when Sveta and him were kids so even if they have drifted apart he still looks out for her
Yeah I remember those old days, oomh feeling old right now. xD

I understand and to a point agree with Vas looking out for an old friend. I just feel like there should probably be a point where he says "Eff it!"

Getting blocked by him dozens of times feel like even the best of friends and greatest of people would eventually say "Enough." and let her make her own mistakes if she was determine to keep drinking around them. (While maybe being there to help her crawl back out of her hole.) I also feel like his willingness on how helpful he'd be for her should probably depend somehow on his current feelings for her.

Meaning that a current Sveta with a still current Vas as a best friend with say 100 relationship would get the most overprotective Vas imaginable while a Vas sitting at -100 would be possibly even eager to get one over against that old friend Sveta as he may now have resentment and anger flaring up impulsively before his old memories and kinder personality has a chance to assert themselves. Honestly I also find it hard to reconcile a -100 Vas rescuing Sveta while not rescuing the other random girls we see those three turning over who presumably angered him less or did nothing at all wrong to him. Or at least, I think in that kind of situation he might save her from that fate only to personally say she owed him now or some such and pull a Dimka or Niko on her rather than just endlessly protecting her like a personal white knight.

I also wonder if maybe his protection of Sveta should have an impact or result on his standings within the Grops, possibly even leading to his becoming an outcast or dying from something like a "horrific mugging by unknown persons". Vitek and Dan especially should not be happy to be repeatedly having their easy lay removed from their grasp. Not to mention the whole message about how Sveta was too good for them would probably not be well received if they overheard it. I think this could easily become a case of them thinking it should have been "bros before hos" and that he is betraying their own group. They might accept his intervention a couple times but sooner or later they would feel like they needed to cut the anchor.

Even if no code changes regarding friendship levels are added to his blocking, I still think one change is crucial. Either the message Vas says in the interrupt scene needs to be changed slightly to reflect just how close she came from being intoxicated non-conned, or else that warning needs to pop up sooner before Sveta gets that drunk. Him saying she shouldn't get drunk with them should probably be said before she already drank herself into a wasted state. Maybe at tipsy?

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Vitek, Dan and Vas are tight if one of them chases some girl off saying they shouldn't fuck her the others will respect that. No point losing friends over a girl and all that.

Aug 15, 2022
How much danger are you in if youre careful?. I really want to try this but being small and timid irl, the dark stuff just frightens me. The comments kinda makes it sound like most people in this are sociopaths at best. I dont mind the lighter stuff so much, groping and whatnot, every woman on earth has dealt with that but if im careful i wont have to go through the really heavy stuff right?.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
blank screen bug on "Go to the men's room with them" action (happens after PE class on slut char)
text reads
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think there's a similar named "action" during morning or half-time break, but that one works. So I kinda hope that fixing this won't break the other lol.
I will ask a coder to look at it, but it makes no sense it would work sometimes as it is the same event regardless what time of day it happens.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I have two possible suggestions on the ad issue assuming no immediate plans of adding those lessons somewhere. Either replace the current one with one that advertises both the current Burlesque Show and the shop for Burlesque dresses instead of the lessons being listed there. That would be relatively simple as just the actual ad image would need to be swapped out with a different image with the same name and file format... and I think the dance lessons mention is at the bottom in a captioned images type text which could be easily replaced with the dress shop text without needing to also update the Notice Board images.

The second suggestion would require more effort, but I think would add more to the game. Swap out that ad entirely for a different ad that alerts Sveta and players that she can pick up a driver's license in St Petersburg's Community Center in the Industrial area. This way more people would be aware of the possibility of alternative transportation, and also would be a good way of announcing that Sveta must be 18+ (and that the fake id won't count) by simply listing that info in the ad like a typical disclaimer about age limits and the right to investigate the id.
(Although personally I still do not think that the government drones doing the local version of the DMV would actually catch any fraud id's. But perhaps Russian workers are more alert to fraud than American ones. Because it absoutely would be initially accepted here, even if it eventually might get investigated and overruled.)

Yeah I remember those old days, oomh feeling old right now. xD

I understand and to a point agree with Vas looking out for an old friend. I just feel like there should probably be a point where he says "Eff it!"

Getting blocked by him dozens of times feel like even the best of friends and greatest of people would eventually say "Enough." and let her make her own mistakes if she was determine to keep drinking around them. (While maybe being there to help her crawl back out of her hole.) I also feel like his willingness on how helpful he'd be for her should probably depend somehow on his current feelings for her.

Meaning that a current Sveta with a still current Vas as a best friend with say 100 relationship would get the most overprotective Vas imaginable while a Vas sitting at -100 would be possibly even eager to get one over against that old friend Sveta as he may now have resentment and anger flaring up impulsively before his old memories and kinder personality has a chance to assert themselves. Honestly I also find it hard to reconcile a -100 Vas rescuing Sveta while not rescuing the other random girls we see those three turning over who presumably angered him less or did nothing at all wrong to him. Or at least, I think in that kind of situation he might save her from that fate only to personally say she owed him now or some such and pull a Dimka or Niko on her rather than just endlessly protecting her like a personal white knight.

I also wonder if maybe his protection of Sveta should have an impact or result on his standings within the Grops, possibly even leading to his becoming an outcast or dying from something like a "horrific mugging by unknown persons". Vitek and Dan especially should not be happy to be repeatedly having their easy lay removed from their grasp. Not to mention the whole message about how Sveta was too good for them would probably not be well received if they overheard it. I think this could easily become a case of them thinking it should have been "bros before hos" and that he is betraying their own group. They might accept his intervention a couple times but sooner or later they would feel like they needed to cut the anchor.

Even if no code changes regarding friendship levels are added to his blocking, I still think one change is crucial. Either the message Vas says in the interrupt scene needs to be changed slightly to reflect just how close she came from being intoxicated non-conned, or else that warning needs to pop up sooner before Sveta gets that drunk. Him saying she shouldn't get drunk with them should probably be said before she already drank herself into a wasted state. Maybe at tipsy?
Well I will point out relationship only goes from 0-100, there is no negative numbers. 20 or lower is they dislike to outright hate you.

it is unlikely anything will be done to it until someone is willing to completely revamp the whole story arc, because a lot of stuff needs changed and tweaked there.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
How much danger are you in if youre careful?. I really want to try this but being small and timid irl, the dark stuff just frightens me. The comments kinda makes it sound like most people in this are sociopaths at best. I dont mind the lighter stuff so much, groping and whatnot, every woman on earth has dealt with that but if im careful i wont have to go through the really heavy stuff right?.
It is somewhat like RL, if you don't get drunk around strangers or bad boys, don't go walking out at night, especially in the park, etc it is fairly safe. Of course there is a few random events that can happen no matter how safe you are but they are fairly rare and you have a chance to run away or fight them off. Sometimes you can get away and sometimes you can't.

The NPC's are like real people. Some are monsters, many are selfish, some are nice people etc. Of course figuring out which is which is the trick just like in RL.

Reactions: DracoBorealis

pyro32

Oct 31, 2018
So, I've done the Christina 'bully' arc and have been invited to her house to fool around with Sly or whatever, and it's been hinted that Christina is peeking on us. The quest thing is even saying I need to talk to Christina about it but I can't seem to get it as a chat option so is that the end of the content?

yoyodyne

Sep 13, 2017
Under the hypnotherapist route, when Sveta goes for her monthly referral, the dialogue that happens when the gynecologist tells her she's no longer a virgin doesn't quite ring true.

There's no WTF moment, just panic - her mother can't know. No that's impossible, doctor, I've never had sex. Sveta just accepts it as fact though in her mind, she hasn't had intercourse.

Also when Succubus Sveta turns the tables on Dr. Pavlov, she warns him not to offer hypnotherapy but the succeeding dialogue still gives it as a choice (but with no select option). I think this bit of dialogue needs a rewrite.

Reactions: Selaiko

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
So, I've done the Christina 'bully' arc and have been invited to her house to fool around with Sly or whatever, and it's been hinted that Christina is peeking on us. The quest thing is even saying I need to talk to Christina about it but I can't seem to get it as a chat option so is that the end of the content?
Honestly I don't know, that is all new content and I honestly don't know how far Anya managed to get done for that release. I know it will go further than that but I don't know if it currently does yet or not.

Alaratt

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019
It shouldn't be, but I might have fucked something up. If you know how to use the console, check the value of
Code:
slyQW['Chris_caught']
If it says 5, then I don't know why it wouldn't work. If it says 6-10, then I messed it up. To fix it put
Code:
slyQW['Chris_caught'] = 5
into the console

Selaiko

Oct 12, 2020
Vitek, Dan and Vas are tight if one of them chases some girl off saying they shouldn't fuck her the others will respect that. No point losing friends over a girl and all that.
I can understand being tight. But there comes a point when even the best of friends thinks the other friend isn't so best-y. I would describe a what-if scenario for you, except it really is what happened when I was trying to figure out how to remove his block / force the game to unlock it. The only difference between the following "imagine this scenario" is that in my tests I was also trying to get every other Sveta and Vitek or Sveta and Vas scene to work just to try and backdoor the block.

So picture this... you and two of your best friends are hanging out in the park and having some beers. This random girl from your class comes up and asks to have one too. You have a lot, and hey it's not like you used your money to buy them anyway, so you figure why not as it gives you a girl to look at while you hang out.

Except she keeps drinking, and drinking, and drinking. Hours later and the chick is completely wasted and acting kind of loose. Then - just when you're about to suggest a bj or something to see how she reacts - one of your friends stops everything by pulling her away and saying to her that she is a good girl and too nice to be hanging out getting drunk with his friends as they are not nice guys.

Okay, I mean fair enough. It's true after all that you're a rough and tough dude. But seriously bro your timing sucks! That chick was so close. Meh, whatever, there's more beer left.

The next day she comes back again. And again gets incredibly drunk. And again your friend pulls her away and lectures her on how bad you are. And the next day. And the next. Every single day this happens for your entire summer break. If you were not already getting some from the other bitches you would be having a serious case of blue balls by now.

You're really starting to wonder if this isn't some kind of scam or prank pulled by your friend. After all that girl has been getting hundreds of bottles of free beer all summer long without having to do a bloody thing! There isn't a chance your friend doesn't know by now that she will just be back again the next day when he pulls her away... something is really starting to seem fishy about this..!

... A glimpse into the mind of Vitek or Dan after more than 2 months straight of Sveta drinking all of their beer and always getting blocked by Vasily. There's tight, and then there's this. Exactly how long would any man - especially someone with a temper and self control issues like Vitek - put up with that before giving their bro an ultimatum that it's either the girl or them... or even possibly just giving him a beat down for doing this.

Honestly? It's a bit of a mixed bag. Some bad stuff only happens if your Sveta is incredibly naive and behaving in ways that could lead to the horrid excuse that "she acted like she wanted it!" So don't walk around any park after dark especially late or early in morning when there is almost no one else around. Don't walk around the streets of St Pete or certain places of Pav under those same circumstances while wearing clothes that are very revealing even if you are going or returning from a party or a late stay in the city.

There are a couple bad things that can happen with little to no warning and without risky behavior - but even those you can be forewarned about if you listen carefully to the gossip. Most of the really bad stuff however doesn't happen unless you ignore countless warning signs and possibly builds up over the course of multiple events. Meanwhile there are far more good characters, or at least middle of the road that don't go out of the way to cause harm, that you can meet than bad in my personal experience.

I can say all of that as someone who has gone out of their way to deliberately try to force the exact opposite. I believe I have unlocked and ran every route scenario possible to get an innocent version of her into as many bad situations as I could. I do this just to be able to then RP her recovery from the trauma and whatever side effects, or even continued evilness, the people place her in.

Not to spoiler I will avoid specifics. The gossip in school will tell you which boys to be careful with. The gossip will also tell you that some other girls have experienced strange events in places or with adults which will tell you to be careful about certain choices or locations at set times. You will hear other gossip about girls witnessing strange behavior of their fellow female students that should give you insight at locations or behaviors which may initiate bad things happening to you if you let yourself in the same situation with a particular person.

One spoiler that shows how the gossip should be paid attention to:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well I will point out relationship only goes from 0-100, there is no negative numbers. 20 or lower is they dislike to outright hate you.

it is unlikely anything will be done to it until someone is willing to completely revamp the whole story arc, because a lot of stuff needs changed and tweaked there.
Odd that the numbers stop at 0, yet they will on their own become -1 and beyond from 0 without having to use the cheats to set that up. If you are right then I think someone needs a look at the code to make the -1 rep losses stop applying if already at 0. I honestly have noticed that the dislike or ignoring of her tends to happen around 0 while the absolut hatred text only has appeared once it got deeper into negatives. However, that could be explained away as simply random luck of which flavor text appeared, or even a case of only remembering the text that supported that but forgetting times that didn't.

Reactions: DracoBorealis

Genjurooo

Mar 27, 2019
I will ask a coder to look at it, but it makes no sense it would work sometimes as it is the same event regardless what time of day it happens.
i dunno, 14 something only after PE. Got it 4-5 times in my play and all are blank screen.
And the one that works (the one during the break) i think has different text, only the action is named the same, so different event.

Last edited:

yoyodyne

Sep 13, 2017
The Pavlov supplied birth control remains in Sveta's desk drawer (which she continues to take even after turning into a succubus). As indicated in the code (tabletkifert= 0) there should be zero stock left yet 20 pills remain (only consuming them seems to deplete the stock)

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I can understand being tight. But there comes a point when even the best of friends thinks the other friend isn't so best-y. I would describe a what-if scenario for you, except it really is what happened when I was trying to figure out how to remove his block / force the game to unlock it. The only difference between the following "imagine this scenario" is that in my tests I was also trying to get every other Sveta and Vitek or Sveta and Vas scene to work just to try and backdoor the block.

So picture this... you and two of your best friends are hanging out in the park and having some beers. This random girl from your class comes up and asks to have one too. You have a lot, and hey it's not like you used your money to buy them anyway, so you figure why not as it gives you a girl to look at while you hang out.

Except she keeps drinking, and drinking, and drinking. Hours later and the chick is completely wasted and acting kind of loose. Then - just when you're about to suggest a bj or something to see how she reacts - one of your friends stops everything by pulling her away and saying to her that she is a good girl and too nice to be hanging out getting drunk with his friends as they are not nice guys.

Okay, I mean fair enough. It's true after all that you're a rough and tough dude. But seriously bro your timing sucks! That chick was so close. Meh, whatever, there's more beer left.

The next day she comes back again. And again gets incredibly drunk. And again your friend pulls her away and lectures her on how bad you are. And the next day. And the next. Every single day this happens for your entire summer break. If you were not already getting some from the other bitches you would be having a serious case of blue balls by now.

You're really starting to wonder if this isn't some kind of scam or prank pulled by your friend. After all that girl has been getting hundreds of bottles of free beer all summer long without having to do a bloody thing! There isn't a chance your friend doesn't know by now that she will just be back again the next day when he pulls her away... something is really starting to seem fishy about this..!

... A glimpse into the mind of Vitek or Dan after more than 2 months straight of Sveta drinking all of their beer and always getting blocked by Vasily. There's tight, and then there's this. Exactly how long would any man - especially someone with a temper and self control issues like Vitek - put up with that before giving their bro an ultimatum that it's either the girl or them... or even possibly just giving him a beat down for doing this.
As I said what it needs is someone to go through and decided what can be saved, scrap the rest and rebuild it from the ground up. Until someone wants to do that we won't be really doing much with it, since it has a lot of old code that needs updating and just making a small change is just asking for issues, until it is updated.

Odd that the numbers stop at 0, yet they will on their own become -1 and beyond from 0 without having to use the cheats to set that up. If you are right then I think someone needs a look at the code to make the -1 rep losses stop applying if already at 0. I honestly have noticed that the dislike or ignoring of her tends to happen around 0 while the absolut hatred text only has appeared once it got deeper into negatives. However, that could be explained away as simply random luck of which flavor text appeared, or even a case of only remembering the text that supported that but forgetting times that didn't.
It is just the way the code works, it resets if it drops below 0 while you sleep. That is when a lot of code is run and calculated. So you might see it drop below zero for a day but it won't stay there.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
i dunno, 14 something only after PE. Got it 4-5 times in my play and all are blank screen.
And the one that works (the one during the break) i think has different text, only the action is named the same, so different event.
As Anya said there was a bad link, We are moving away from random npc's and making sets to more personalize events. That event use to just grab random boys for it. Now it grabs sets of them with their own version of that event, I thought all the links had been updated but that one got missed.

Reactions: Genjurooo

yoyodyne

Sep 13, 2017
Succubus Sveta gets attacked by a rapist on the streets of St. Petersburg and she beats the crap out of him and then manages to control her inner demon. But the stats count it (in addition to winning the fight) as having sex. Bug?

Xtirp8

Oct 27, 2018
I understand that the developer is Russian, but why does he initially make the game in English, and then make a Russian translation? I'm from Russia, and for me sometimes it looks ridiculous to read the text, in which the machine translation does not reflect the whole essence of the dialogues and text. This somewhat spoils the atmosphere of the game, which the author originally intended (in Russian). And are there any plans in the near future to translate the latest updates?

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I understand that the developer is Russian, but why does he initially make the game in English, and then make a Russian translation? I'm from Russia, and for me sometimes it looks ridiculous to read the text, in which the machine translation does not reflect the whole essence of the dialogues and text. This somewhat spoils the atmosphere of the game, which the author originally intended (in Russian). And are there any plans in the near future to translate the latest updates?
The developer of ETO which GL is based on is Russian but the current team are not. I'm Irish, nutluck is American and so is Alaratt. Others are from a number of different countries like Serbia, UK, Norway, Germany, Estonia, Canada and many other places they won't share with me.

Reactions: Xtirp8

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
We don't do translations of the game anymore, this as Kevin pointed out started off as a English translation of ETO, but has now become it's own game. There is now way more new content that was never made in Russian than their is original Russian content. There is a few fans that make translations of GL but we have nothing to do with them, other than to wish them the best.

Reactions: Xtirp8
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes