PostDrip

Jan 12, 2020
how do i go about prostitution? i read in the wiiki but can't find it
You need to go to the city and wear an appropriate outfit in order to be a prostitute. In the red light district and downtown (maybe some other spots) if you're wearing a prostitute outfit and it's late enough you'll get an option to be a prostitute. Save before interacting with customers though in case something unfortunate occurs.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for the detailed response, the new stuff in the park sounds interesting. As for making people react, or breaking the game, how about just making it a 'Bad End' and prompting a reload at a certain point with a short synopsis? That way the content doesn't get throw out/lost but you sidestep the reaction and breaking issues. There are already a couple of game-ending events, or is the goal to also phase those out as time goes on?
We use to have more bad ends but removed them because most of the players hated that one of their choices lead to a game over. We still have a few like drug overdose for example but not many. We try and make stuff so if you make bad calls it leads to bad things but the game keeps going. Right now our only bad ends are when you do something that leads to Sveta dying.

shockspacer

Dec 16, 2018
We use to have more bad ends but removed them because most of the players hated that one of their choices lead to a game over. We still have a few like drug overdose for example but not many. We try and make stuff so if you make bad calls it leads to bad things but the game keeps going. Right now our only bad ends are when you do something that leads to Sveta dying.
Why not put them in but keep and expand the toggle on bad ends/events?

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Why not put them in but keep and expand the toggle on bad ends/events?
You mean add toggle so it blocks the bad event strings from happening if you go down them, or you mean a toggle so if you go down the bad events that if the toggle is off it doesn't end the game?

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
can i change gifs from folder ??
We don't use gifs, we use jpg's and mp4's with that said. Yes you can replace them, just find the one in game you want to replace, find one you want to use in it's place. Name it the same thing and drop it in the same folder so your image or movie overwrites the existing one. You can't replace a jpg with a mp4 or replace a mp4 with a jpg though, as the code won't pick it up then. Anything you replace as to be the same type, with the same name and extension.

So if you find a jpg in a folder you want to replace called beer.jpg you would have to name a image that and it would have to be in a jpg format, a png image would not work for example.

sebbu

May 2, 2022
I still failed to see how reading a fantasy book at a library leads to Sveta dying.

Genjurooo

Mar 27, 2019
With Leonid it might be possible to make it something more of a commitment while still giving Sveta some freedoms. So something like the maid job with her having a room there and needing to do a certain amount work but stil being able to go out and do stuff for herself. Maybe less time consuming than the maid job which is too much honestly and I think needs to be toned down a little (if you do a great job in each room you finish too late to report to Nick and failure to report leads to being sacked. So you get sacked for making the house look amazing!). Perhaps even a way for it to it with school until she finishes her first year and then having her work in his office afterwards?

Either way it'll need someone with some time and inspiration to work on it.
I'm thinking of putting together a proposal and DM it to you. Probably,...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
In RL I suggest selling them and making some money off them, they are more trouble than they are worth.

In game there is not much there yet and won't be for some time. As we are planning on doing GL in years.
year 1 - Pav school - all and all done but we will be adding more and more often time but there is enough for one year of play
year 2 - First year of the Uni being actively worked on
year 3-5 - Next three years of the Uni
year 6-8 - working and perhaps starting a family

that is roughly the over all goal we have. Though even if we hit that, i doubt we stop working on the game as we can always add more content, new NPC's with their own stories. new jobs, new degrees at the Uni etc.
I don't mean to be a debbie downer but even the planned stuff sound like they will take years to implement so the fact that you're looking even beyond that is pretty interesting.

Genjurooo

Mar 27, 2019
Yeah they're bad. The only ones that feel fine are the ones that directly result in death.
Take for example the drug house one where Sveta begs for heroin until the "submit" action appears. It starts telling whole freaking life story lol.

It indeed results in death after bunch of screen, still seems a waste. Having sveta live in the drug house and go through all that while still giving her a narrow chance of escape right before the end would be better IMO. (prison maybe? you said someone was working on it)

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I don't mean to be a debbie downer but even the planned stuff sound like they will take years to implement so the fact that you're looking even beyond that is pretty interesting.
Oh it will be years to do just the planned stuff. I have been working on GL for over 6 years now, Kevin longer than that. Before we never had a plan, just add stuff to the game. Recently we started to come out with a rough idea of where we want the game to go. The reason I mentioned what we will do if/when we hit the 8 years, is when I first started sharing that outline, I would get asked. Oh so what will be the end of the game. So I wanted to make it clear as a sandbox style game we don't plan on there being a end, GL is the type of game that could be added to forever.

With it being a community project, we have people come and go all the time. All the people that worked on the game before me other than Kevin is now gone, but we have lots of new people. So if I ever leave or Kevin does others will likely be there to take out place. As long as anyone in the community has the drive to work on the game it will likely never end.

Hell in 2035 we might be talking about Girl Life the milf years, raising her teenage kids.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah they're bad. The only ones that feel fine are the ones that directly result in death.
Take for example the drug house one where Sveta begs for heroin until the "submit" action appears. It starts telling whole freaking life story lol.

It indeed results in death after bunch of screen, still seems a waste. Having sveta live in the drug house and go through all that while still giving her a narrow chance of escape right before the end would be better IMO.
I agree and we have slowly been removing all the non death ones, as to me it feels like a cop out. Much better to write out the slow decent until the overdose happens. Of course that mind set is also the reasons why abduction stories, prison stories don't work as well, because then you split the focus of the game up into smaller chunks that don't overlap.

We add 10 hours of prison story content for a update and any player not in prison gets a update with nothing new to do, same for the reverse. Which is why I am personal not in favor of content that splits the game up, if that makes sense. Means more work for us and less content for you guys, at least that you are likely to see.

Smaller story chunks I am in favor of, like the starlet story arc is only for cool kids and jocks, but it is just a small part of the over all game and you can experience most of the rest of the game while doing it. Something like abduction or prison, then when those are happening the rest of the game is blocked, which means they have to be indepth enough for long term playwith a LOT of content.

Anyways hopefully that all makes sense on why I am personally not keen on big long story arcs that block the rest of the game content.

male7104

Jul 30, 2021
We don't use gifs, we use jpg's and mp4's with that said. Yes you can replace them, just find the one in game you want to replace, find one you want to use in it's place. Name it the same thing and drop it in the same folder so your image or movie overwrites the existing one. You can't replace a jpg with a mp4 or replace a mp4 with a jpg though, as the code won't pick it up then. Anything you replace as to be the same type, with the same name and extension.

So if you find a jpg in a folder you want to replace called beer.jpg you would have to name a image that and it would have to be in a jpg format, a png image would not work for example.
and what if u have hape attached only on gif and i want to add more tha one for same position

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
and what if u have hape attached only on gif and i want to add more tha one for same position
again we don't use gifs and you can't use gifs. Anything that replacing a existing image needs the same name and same extension, so beer.gif would not work to replace beer.jpg for example, because the code is calling beer.jpg so wouldn't see the beer.gif

by add more to the same position are you talking about adding random images so it shows different ones or do you mean adding more than one image to show up at the same time? Not positive what you are asking, but both would be no unless you change the code.

The code is set to pull a single image from a set folder with a set name and extension.

Genjurooo

Mar 27, 2019
I agree and we have slowly been removing all the non death ones, as to me it feels like a cop out. Much better to write out the slow decent until the overdose happens. Of course that mind set is also the reasons why abduction stories, prison stories don't work as well, because then you split the focus of the game up into smaller chunks that don't overlap.

We add 10 hours of prison story content for a update and any player not in prison gets a update with nothing new to do, same for the reverse. Which is why I am personal not in favor of content that splits the game up, if that makes sense. Means more work for us and less content for you guys, at least that you are likely to see.

Smaller story chunks I am in favor of, like the starlet story arc is only for cool kids and jocks, but it is just a small part of the over all game and you can experience most of the rest of the game while doing it. Something like abduction or prison, then when those are happening the rest of the game is blocked, which means they have to be indepth enough for long term playwith a LOT of content.

Anyways hopefully that all makes sense on why I am personally not keen on big long story arcs that block the rest of the game content.
Of course you're right atm. The main portion of the game is highschool and if I'm honest there are portions of it that even there get boring sometimes, with certain ways of playing through it. Second semester mainly is a chore. February the most if you have little things planned to do on the side. There's other low points in first semester, like maybe October?
I don't know how you guys gonna do 4 whole years of Uni. I've seen mentions of clubs, parties and such now that I got to it, still I'm cautious about how will manage to do later years and keep them engaging.

EDIT: But, what I'm thinking with Leonid is to make it in one go, not make it some kind of ongoing thing. There's a lot of blackmail and also a lot of bdsm in game, but the best bdsm is hands down the abduction/leonid story. Holds the most promise. The other being that lady at Mon Cheri that eventually gives bdsm club card, still meh in comparison. I'd say have Lariska's mom take over her role., scenes and everything. There's also the hotel by the highway that holds promise. Again Leonid stuff and mainly what it could become is better imo.

Kendra does some stuff too and I like how the scenes are made to follow a certain progression. It isn't random like for the Mon Cheri madam, or Christina shower ones or everyone else. The only bad thing is that Kendra scenes begin to cycle from the start again after you finish them. That sucks.
Then you have Peter, the Erotomaniac owner. He has almost nothing.
What I'm saying is that the game should rid of some bdsm NPCs and consolidate the ones that hold most promise with their images, parts of dialogue or scenes.

Last edited:

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Of course you're right atm. The main portion of the game is highschool and if I'm honest there are portions of it that even there get boring sometimes, with certain ways of playing through it. Second semester mainly is a chore. February the most if you have little things planned to do on the side. There's other low points in first semester, like maybe October?
I don't know how you guys gonna do 4 whole years of Uni. I've seen mentions of clubs, parties and such now that I got to it, still I'm cautious about how will manage to do later years and keep them engaging.
Same way as the pav school. 6 years ago you had the dimka story, the katja story, vasily content and christina bully. then school had about 10% of the random small events it does now, no inclass content, only about half the Sveta slut sex content at school. So basically maybe 20% of the pav school content existed back then and most of it that did exist has been revamped and expanded a lot as well. You could burn through all the pav school content and all the NPC content in a month, hell you could burn through the whole games content after about 5-6 weeks of playing.

So as far as how we will do it the same way, just slowly over time add more and more content. It has already started with some stuff that only happens at the Uni. Like Katja is getting her uni story started, or Vika your uni roommate content is only if you are in the uni. Once we get more of the pav NPC's in the Uni their story arcs will open up even at the uni so if you missed doing them in pav school you will be able to start them then.

Honestly I am not sure we will ever hit 8 years of game play, but as I said it is a community project so as long as people are willing to work on it, people might be adding to the game for the next 30 RL years.

Also we have learned a lot with the pav school, the first 2-3 years I worked on the game the main focus was fixing all the machine translations, figuring out new code to do things we wanted and revamping what was already there to make it better. There was a lot of trial and error with the pav school figuring out what worked and what didn't and then redoing it. So with those lessons learned we have been adding more new stuff steadily faster and faster. The uni framework was done in a single update. while we was tweaking and changing the pav school framework for the first 2 years trying out different things to see what worked and what didn't and what worked best etc.

Reactions: GizmoDuck

Genjurooo

Mar 27, 2019
Also we have learned a lot with the pav school, the first 2-3 years I worked on the game the main focus was fixing all the machine translations, figuring out new code to do things we wanted and revamping what was already there to make it better. There was a lot of trial and error with the pav school figuring out what worked and what didn't and then redoing it. So with those lessons learned we have been adding more new stuff steadily faster and faster. The uni framework was done in a single update. while we was tweaking and changing the pav school framework for the first 2 years trying out different things to see what worked and what didn't and what worked best etc.
Still regarding Uni, one thing you should do is reduce the numbe of clicks in the dorm.
For example in the morning I follow the same routine with my svetas:
-eat, take vitamins and maybe weight loss, prepare evning meal
-brush teeth, pee, take shower, deodorant
-make up
To do makeup, the showers don't have mirror, but that won't be as much a chore if not:
-leave takes you to the dorm floors
-then you have to leave the dorms which takes you to the city island
-then you have to go to university componund
-then to class
So many clicks when "Leave" from your dorm floor should take Sveta to the compound directly.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
So I wanted to make it clear as a sandbox style game we don't plan on there being a end, GL is the type of game that could be added to forever.
That makes sense. It is a life sim after all, only end would be if Sveta ends up dying.
Hell in 2035 we might be talking about Girl Life the milf years, raising her teenage kids.
Imagine playing the game from the very start then. Longest game ever.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes