Thisguy01

Sep 18, 2020
So, how do I fix this bug when phone stops working? Can't answer incoming calls, the action panel just turns blank. And can't call out. It's been working for almost a game year, and suddenly I can't keep in touch with my contacts. So frustrating!

View attachment 2874723
View attachment 2874724
Actually it's only the wealthy man from city park cafe, and the hot crazy girl from Babel restaurant that don't get through, all hook-ups are no problem.

Thisguy01

Sep 18, 2020
Can someone plz remind me how to trigger the homeless trashbin quest in city residential. I mean what actions are needed to be recommended the delivery job?

Alaratt

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019
So I'm getting the same bug that I posted about before. It doesn't seem to be fixed with the update.

Is there anyway this can be fixed?

Also, am I the only one getting this bug? I haven't seen anybody else posting about it....
Fuckbuddies are newish and BF/GF are old and broken. They have been broken for a long time. The fuckbuddy system is slowly taking over and the BF/GF systems will be revamped into it, but it's not a small job and will take quite awhile to get these kinds of kinks worked out. People have reported this multiple times, but it has to do with how the two systems interact with each other and it's not that easily fixed.

Jen_73

Jun 21, 2019
Yeah, this is the tricky part. IO think something immediately post TF is the best time for it and just a splash screen with various options for the player. Trying to make it too immersive would just over complicate it
IMHO it is interesting how it was done in a QSP-Player game named Clean Slate (which also is here on F95 Zone).

In it you aren't actually transferred into a girls body, but into a more girlish (but still male) and your body may gradually change in to a full girls one (with you growing brfeasts and your penis shrinking and in the ned becoming turned into a Vagina) ... and well, with sexual preferences, it works like some additional attribute.

I.e., at the beginning you are practically only attracted to women ... but when you are very horny and/or very drunk, you may actually, very reluctantly give in to sexual encounters to men.
But every time you have sexual encounters with men, your sexual preference attribute shifts a little bit more towards bissexual, till at one time kit has shifted enough to actually become bisexual and therefore you have no shy anymore about flirting with men and having sex with them.
If you have more sexual encounters with men, than with women, you may even finally become attracted to men only and disregard women as sexual targets.

So, in a way, in that game you are able to choose your sexual preference (by forcing sexual encounters with men, or staying with having sexual encounters primarily with women) but it is very well integrated into the story telling of the game.
Maybe this would be a way for Girl Life as well.

(likewise in that game, feminity is an attribute ... whether you see yourself more as a male (which is the case in the beginning) or start to see yourself more as a female and develop female behavior)

Alaratt

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019
IMHO it is interesting how it was done in a QSP-Player game named Clean Slate (which also is here on F95 Zone).

In it you aren't actually transferred into a girls body, but into a more girlish (but still male) and your body may gradually change in to a full girls one (with you growing brfeasts and your penis shrinking and in the ned becoming turned into a Vagina) ... and well, with sexual preferences, it works like some additional attribute.

I.e., at the beginning you are practically only attracted to women ... but when you are very horny and/or very drunk, you may actually, very reluctantly give in to sexual encounters to men.
But every time you have sexual encounters with men, your sexual preference attribute shifts a little bit more towards bissexual, till at one time kit has shifted enough to actually become bisexual and therefore you have no shy anymore about flirting with men and having sex with them.
If you have more sexual encounters with men, than with women, you may even finally become attracted to men only and disregard women as sexual targets.

So, in a way, in that game you are able to choose your sexual preference (by forcing sexual encounters with men, or staying with having sexual encounters primarily with women) but it is very well integrated into the story telling of the game.
Maybe this would be a way for Girl Life as well.

(likewise in that game, feminity is an attribute ... whether you see yourself more as a male (which is the case in the beginning) or start to see yourself more as a female and develop female behavior)
Sorry to not soften this blow, but none of that is going to happen in GL. Kevin's short answer is probably going to be "We aren't cloning our clone." The longer answer is a bit more complicated.

We are not doing a male MC. The transformation is immediate, during the intro, which is why it works. To have a male MC, it would require either every available event to have a gate to block it until full womanhood is reached, or alternate pics for every event of a male. Then we would need a LOT of build up events to reach full womanhood. (This is Girl Life, not Boy Life) All of that would essentially be an entire new game, which ... is what Clean Slate is. And it's a great game. But they aren't really the same type of game. Clean Slate, like Girl Life, is a sandbox. In my opinion though, it is NOT a life sim. Girl Life is. CS has an overall storyline, and it has to be completed in certain steps to unlock further content. You can make certain choices to speed up progression in certain areas, but a lot of things are absolutely required. Don't do this event, well you cannot have a purse until you do. Life Sims don't have main stories. GL doesn't have a main story. You get Sveta, regardless of how, and what you do with her is entirely up to the player. Any forced content on Sveta is mostly because the nature of whatever small storyline does it is to tell the player "Hey, this is here." But Sveta can completely ignore most of it.

At some point someone will come along who wants to advance that side of GL, but it will pretty much be unique reflections, as she is doing things she isn't used to. Right now, the first like 10 times she showers she thinks how weird it is to have a girls body. But that's about as advanced as that side of GL CAN get.

Jen_73

Jun 21, 2019
Sorry to not soften this blow, but none of that is going to happen in GL. Kevin's short answer is probably going to be "We aren't cloning our clone." The longer answer is a bit more complicated.

We are not doing a male MC. The transformation is immediate, during the intro, which is why it works. To have a male MC, it would require either every available event to have a gate to block it until full womanhood is reached, or alternate pics for every event of a male. Then we would need a LOT of build up events to reach full womanhood. (This is Girl Life, not Boy Life) All of that would essentially be an entire new game, which ... is what Clean Slate is. And it's a great game. But they aren't really the same type of game. Clean Slate, like Girl Life, is a sandbox. In my opinion though, it is NOT a life sim. Girl Life is. CS has an overall storyline, and it has to be completed in certain steps to unlock further content. You can make certain choices to speed up progression in certain areas, but a lot of things are absolutely required. Don't do this event, well you cannot have a purse until you do. Life Sims don't have main stories. GL doesn't have a main story. You get Sveta, regardless of how, and what you do with her is entirely up to the player. Any forced content on Sveta is mostly because the nature of whatever small storyline does it is to tell the player "Hey, this is here." But Sveta can completely ignore most of it.

At some point someone will come along who wants to advance that side of GL, but it will pretty much be unique reflections, as she is doing things she isn't used to. Right now, the first like 10 times she showers she thinks how weird it is to have a girls body. But that's about as advanced as that side of GL CAN get.
You partially misunderstand me.

I didn't think you should do it totally like Clean Slate.

In Girl Life you are, of course, in the body of a girl, I wouldn't want to change this.
I just though you could take a single aspect of Clean Slate,
i.e. model some similar mechanism for sexual pfereference like in Clean Slagte-

After all,. while in a girls body, you still have a male mind (at least in the m2f starts).

You said that in GL things aren't forced upon Sveta, but that actually isn't correct ... you already have a similar mechanism as I envision, when it comes to clothes ... i.e. some type of clothes are locked away from you, till you have the necessary nlow inhibition value.
In a way that could (hypothetically) be done similar for sexual preference. For example a range from 1-100 like for other attributes ... 0 being female attracted, 50 being bisexual, 100 being male attracted. (or maybe a range from 0-200 with 0 female, 100 bi and 200 male attracted)
If you are female attracted, you can only have sex (or do blow jobs) with males if being inebriated, very horny or being forced.
And vice versa if you are male attracted.
But every sexual activity contrary to your preference would shift the attribute by +1/-1 (or +x/-x) towards the other middle.

Actually, thinking about it, this could even work with a system where the player determines his sexual preferfence from the beginning on ... i.e. the initial value would be 0 if he determines (at the start of the game) that he is female attracted, 50 if bisexual and 100 if male attracted.

So, actually the player could still be very flexible with this system and determine for himself the starting parameters (which isn't possible in this way in Clean Slate, btw., insofar, such a system would actually surpass the system like it is implemented in Clean Slate).

But yes, the drawback would be, of course, that it would take some work to integrate such a mechanism into the game.

And of course it is still your (i.e. the Devs) game, what I wrote is just a suggestion which, at least IMHO, would make the game even better than it already is.

• Red Heart
Reactions: inshaderwetrust

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
You partially misunderstand me.

I didn't think you should do it totally like Clean Slate.

In Girl Life you are, of course, in the body of a girl, I wouldn't want to change this.
I just though you could take a single aspect of Clean Slate,
i.e. model some similar mechanism for sexual pfereference like in Clean Slagte-

After all,. while in a girls body, you still have a male mind (at least in the m2f starts).

You said that in GL things aren't forced upon Sveta, but that actually isn't correct ... you already have a similar mechanism as I envision, when it comes to clothes ... i.e. some type of clothes are locked away from you, till you have the necessary nlow inhibition value.
In a way that could (hypothetically) be done similar for sexual preference. For example a range from 1-100 like for other attributes ... 0 being female attracted, 50 being bisexual, 100 being male attracted. (or maybe a range from 0-200 with 0 female, 100 bi and 200 male attracted)
If you are female attracted, you can only have sex (or do blow jobs) with males if being inebriated, very horny or being forced.
And vice versa if you are male attracted.
But every sexual activity contrary to your preference would shift the attribute by +1/-1 (or +x/-x) towards the other middle.

Actually, thinking about it, this could even work with a system where the player determines his sexual preferfence from the beginning on ... i.e. the initial value would be 0 if he determines (at the start of the game) that he is female attracted, 50 if bisexual and 100 if male attracted.

So, actually the player could still be very flexible with this system and determine for himself the starting parameters (which isn't possible in this way in Clean Slate, btw., insofar, such a system would actually surpass the system like it is implemented in Clean Slate).

But yes, the drawback would be, of course, that it would take some work to integrate such a mechanism into the game.

And of course it is still your (i.e. the Devs) game, what I wrote is just a suggestion which, at least IMHO, would make the game even better than it already is.
The problem is every single scene would have to be rewritten and added to, as we would have no way to know what order a player would do them in. So for it to have any impact you would have to write how "Sveta" reacts to each event based on how far he has accepted being a she and as I said since we have no clue how to know the order, means every single event would need every single possible version done for it and there is hundreds if not a thousand events in the game. It just isn't practical.

I have played clean slate, how he does that game is you are gated on what you can do until you hit certain mile stones. So there is a path, he knows roughly how far along your character will be for each scene. GL is completely sandbox. You can start with magic, with out magic, as a boy turned into a girl, as a man turned into a girl. You can start in pav going to school, or the village, or start in year two of the game going to the Uni or just living in the city and working. If you go to pav school, maybe you start some NPC story right off, that is just to many things to account for.

Clean slate has a single start with a over all story arc. Which is something GL does not have, there is 5 starts and no over all story arc. While the game are similar, Clean Slate is a story game with sandbox elements, GL is a complete sandbox.

Jen_73

Jun 21, 2019
Probably you are right that it would be too much of an effort, to change the system now and under those circumstances

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Probably you are right that it would be too much of an effort, to change the system now and under those circumstances
We are planning to add an initial choice for sexual preference and will likely add a means to change this in game but at least include a cheat menu entry to do so. for there to be a progression from lesbian to bi or straight Sveta we would need not only to add the mechanics which we have planned but also write events and a system to achieve this. HG has rough plans for a "reflection" at night means for the play to change certain things in game, we would need for this system to be built and working. Basically we could do it but it will mean having several other mechanisms in place and the pace of these is slow at the moment.

Apr 9, 2018
Why do they remove sex content with your partners? The sex encounters with strangers are super detailed and whatnot, but then after you have a partner it gets super simple and dogshit

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Why do they remove sex content with your partners? The sex encounters with strangers are super detailed and whatnot, but then after you have a partner it gets super simple and dogshit
The boy and girlfriend content is old the fuckbuddies and hookups is the new version. We plan to port the new style content to the boy and girl friends, we just lack the people power atm.

BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
Has the All In One download links been updated to the current version?
Still says (v0.8.8.5)
Current version i still have is 0.8.6 which i don't want to delete till i know for sure i am getting the current.

Having a cheat menu is very nice to have when you don't want to deal with the grind as much.

Alaratt

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019
Has the All In One download links been updated to the current version?
Still says (v0.8.8.5)
Current version i still have is 0.8.6 which i don't want to delete till i know for sure i am getting the current.

Having a cheat menu is very nice to have when you don't want to deal with the grind as much.
Doesn't look like it. We don't make or host that, it's fan made. You know the cheat menu is in all of them though, right?

Reactions: noobtrain
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes