Alaratt

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019
How does the randomizer work in QSP games? I'm sat here trying to brute force the Julia event by quickloading but it's not popping so I'm wondering if I've either missed the chance to have it randomise, or if it's deterministic and I'll get the same result no matter what if I load a save
That story doesnt have random rolls, You just keep bringing wine and be horny enough to ask her about sex stuff

Alaratt

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019
I meant the one on the stairs where she has a chance of kissing you
The methods used for random can be different depending on how the coder wrote it, but normally a range is set for the events to fire, and the program picks a random number in that range. In this case, you step onto floor 3 and the game runs this code
Code:
floor3 = rand(1,22)
To get this specific event to happen, the result needs to match these conditions -
Code:
elseif floor3 > 11 and floor3 <= 14 and hour >= 15 and hour <= 23:
To simplify it, you need to step onto floor 3 between hours 15 and 23, and get lucky enough to have the first code land on 12, 13, or 14, out of 22.

It gets more complicated though. When you get the event, you have to have built up enough points with her to unlock more.
Code:
if juliaQW['JulMilBestFrend'] >= 50:
The game then runs another random roll, which has a 33% chance of being the kiss event.
Code:
juliamil_rnd = rand(1,3)
then
Code:
if juliamil_rnd = 3:
The only part of this that can be cheated is her best friend score. The rest is up to RNGesus.

Reactions: MonkeyFunk

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
The methods used for random can be different depending on how the coder wrote it, but normally a range is set for the events to fire, and the program picks a random number in that range. In this case, you step onto floor 3 and the game runs this code
Code:
floor3 = rand(1,22)
To get this specific event to happen, the result needs to match these conditions -
Code:
elseif floor3 > 11 and floor3 <= 14 and hour >= 15 and hour <= 23:
To simplify it, you need to step onto floor 3 between hours 15 and 23, and get lucky enough to have the first code land on 12, 13, or 14, out of 22.

It gets more complicated though. When you get the event, you have to have built up enough points with her to unlock more.
Code:
if juliaQW['JulMilBestFrend'] >= 50:
The game then runs another random roll, which has a 33% chance of being the kiss event.
Code:
juliamil_rnd = rand(1,3)
then
Code:
if juliamil_rnd = 3:
The only part of this that can be cheated is her best friend score. The rest is up to RNGesus.
This is a very well thought out post. :)

Jen_73

Jun 21, 2019
It depends on the start option. Some do.
Perhaps it would be a good idea if all (m2f) schoolgirl starts possess a swimsuit ... I mean, it would be something as basic as the sports clothes, something that every girl, even a nerd or gopnik or outcast would have in her possession.
Especially considering the fact that in the schoolgirl starts, there is still mum, which takes care of Svetas clothes. Would a loving mum not take care, that all of her (not yet adult) children possess swimwear? Also considering the fact that hypothetically there still may school events in which swimming clothes are necessary (like excursions or sports lessons in a bath)

Last edited:

pahom1998

Sep 10, 2021
Tatiana dont give me pass National Library, and i cant start event in vacant house in town centre. I have magic in 40, what i do wrong?

MonkeyFunk

Oct 27, 2017
Alaratt thanks for all your help! I super appreciate you taking the time to explain stuff to me. Might have a poke around the mod scene to see if there's anything that makes Svetlana a lesbian rather than bi

Reactions: Alaratt

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Alaratt thanks for all your help! I super appreciate you taking the time to explain stuff to me. Might have a poke around the mod scene to see if there's anything that makes Svetlana a lesbian rather than bi
We do plan to add options at start to set Sveta gay/straight/bi but we do have to get some pieces in place to make the options page and workout what options to include. I'll try to get somethign working this cycle but actually seeding all the events will take much longer.

Dogless

Aug 17, 2017
For Coach questline, I go to the Gym on Sunday morning but cannot figure out whom am I suppose to talk to. What exactly do I do in the gym to get to the next stage?

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
yeah, i really want to play it, but who tf can install this?! Any guide?
Get QSP-player, a program that runs QSP games.
Get The GirlLife.qsp game.
(optionally) Get image pack and sound pack. Place these in a folder with the GirlLife.qsp.
Launch the GirlLife.qsp game with QSP-player. Enjoy.

Everything you need is linked in the first post.

Jen_73

Jun 21, 2019
We do plan to add options at start to set Sveta gay/straight/bi but we do have to get some pieces in place to make the options page and workout what options to include. I'll try to get somethign working this cycle but actually seeding all the events will take much longer.
The interesting question may be, how you do it in the m2f-scenarios (and whether you allow setting gender preferences there)

After all, you are a guy being transferred into a girls body and, per storyline, also develop a change of sexual preference during the first few weeks in the new body.

Jomane

Jul 11, 2017
Still not hable to make the game play, the qsp icon are in blank and have tryed to use another game player who works, on the case "Big Quyash" and noting, have the QSP 1.9 on my computer on that case on the work ambient, some sugestion about how to solve that please?
I must to tell I am mounting the game again and still it is not totaly finished, but the same problem exist with other well mounted games as clean slate, curiously that problem are fixed on QSP games who use Awesomiun as Big Kwiash or mother best friend both works but not Girl life and Clean Slate.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
The interesting question may be, how you do it in the m2f-scenarios (and whether you allow setting gender preferences there)

After all, you are a guy being transferred into a girls body and, per storyline, also develop a change of sexual preference during the first few weeks in the new body.
You the player will pick so it will be up to you, with that said there will be ways to change it after the game has started. So you might pick lesbian aka only liking girls at first but later decide he now feels more like a girl and change it to bi thru a ingame event.

We won't tell you what the start has to be or when you might change, as that would be different for all the characters. I mean just a example, what if someone decides their male character was bi at the start? So the game won't ever set it for you and the default will be bi unless you the player change it during character creation or later in the game

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Still not hable to make the game play, the qsp icon are in blank and have tryed to use another game player who works, on the case "Big Quyash" and noting, have the QSP 1.9 on my computer on that case on the work ambient, some sugestion about how to solve that please?
I must to tell I am mounting the game again and still it is not totaly finished, but the same problem exist with other well mounted games as clean slate, curiously that problem are fixed on QSP games who use Awesomiun as Big Kwiash or mother best friend both works but not Girl life and Clean Slate.
What does icon in blank mean?

When you open the game what does it look like?

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes