kialera

Jun 1, 2021
Writer's block can be a bitch. And I'm not surprising he's having one, considering that he has to multitask with changes to the CGs that will take a while to get completed anyway. As a writer, when you can consistently write for a few hours every day, you can write 100k per month pretty easily. But when you don't feel like writing, even getting 10k per month is kind of hard. Believe me, I'm a commercial writer myself, lol.
I mean, I don't think anyone is disputing that. It's just that he focused on completely wrong things and wasted a lot of time on things like tiny variations of CGs instead of the actual content people have been waiting for.

LOPFAN12

Sep 5, 2016
I mean, I don't think anyone is disputing that. It's just that he focused on completely wrong things and wasted a lot of time on things like tiny variations of CGs instead of the actual content people have been waiting for.
Very true, but at least he's being honest now and has recognized hit short comings and paused billing if he doesn't think he deserves to get paid. I appreciate the transparency from him recently and I hope he's able to finish what he needs /wants to finish and be the quality he wants it to be.

mmaddmar

Feb 11, 2018
Very true, but at least he's being honest now and has recognized hit short comings and paused billing if he doesn't think he deserves to get paid. I appreciate the transparency from him recently and I hope he's able to finish what he needs /wants to finish and be the quality he wants it to be.
Definitely agree. Frustrating as a longtime supporter, but the situation is understandable,

Reactions: LOPFAN12

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
ehhhh. Yes, it's great that he's acknowledged the struggles and paused billings when he thinks he isn't being productive; but the transparency doesn't change the fact that this was a catastrophic update. This update didn't go awry because of unforeseen circumstances, it went awry because its size was unmanageable. He should have seen this coming many many months ago. It should never have gotten to a point where he was struggling to edit a script of 50,000 words. When it reached 15,000 words he should have known that the update was spiraling out of control.

In my opinion, he should be in triage mode right now. In fact, he should have been in triage mode months ago. He should be working on finalizing a couple routes (or however he has it organized) in an effort to get something out. It's ok that he bit off more than he could chew, we all make mistakes, and that doesn't make him a bad person or a bad dev. But in my opinion, if he was truly admitting the mistakes and honestly evaluating the process then he should have scaled this update back many months ago. The fact that he has stubbornly stuck with the structure of this update despite its unmanageable size is concerning. This update should have been restructured many months ago.Nowhere is it written that this had to be the final update. He could have broken this up into multiple updates, or released portions of the full update as they were finished. But it seems that he fell into the sunk cost fallacy and has been banging his head against the wall for months.

Right now, there's no reason anyone should expect this game in February. It has proven to be unmanageable for him, and he hasn't made any changes that would make it manageable. I dropped my support because I lost faith that he knew how to get himself out of this Gordian Knot. In my opinion, part of being transparent would be admitting that he should have restructured the update a long time ago.

Mar 12, 2018
I actually think this is kind of silly of him. Many authors work waaay slower than him and it's considered normal. Having an entire complete game in less than a year is actually unusually fast. Plus, he doesn't get that much money from Patreon, only around 700$, which could be used to make him more motivated. And when you stop receiving money for your work, it suddenly becomes less interesting, which is counter-productive.

Jan 19, 2023
ehhhh. Yes, it's great that he's acknowledged the struggles and paused billings when he thinks he isn't being productive; but the transparency doesn't change the fact that this was a catastrophic update. This update didn't go awry because of unforeseen circumstances, it went awry because its size was unmanageable. He should have seen this coming many many months ago. It should never have gotten to a point where he was struggling to edit a script of 50,000 words. When it reached 15,000 words he should have known that the update was spiraling out of control.

In my opinion, he should be in triage mode right now. In fact, he should have been in triage mode months ago. He should be working on finalizing a couple routes (or however he has it organized) in an effort to get something out. It's ok that he bit off more than he could chew, we all make mistakes, and that doesn't make him a bad person or a bad dev. But in my opinion, if he was truly admitting the mistakes and honestly evaluating the process then he should have scaled this update back many months ago. The fact that he has stubbornly stuck with the structure of this update despite its unmanageable size is concerning. This update should have been restructured many months ago.Nowhere is it written that this had to be the final update. He could have broken this up into multiple updates, or released portions of the full update as they were finished. But it seems that he fell into the sunk cost fallacy and has been banging his head against the wall for months.

Right now, there's no reason anyone should expect this game in February. It has proven to be unmanageable for him, and he hasn't made any changes that would make it manageable. I dropped my support because I lost faith that he knew how to get himself out of this Gordian Knot. In my opinion, part of being transparent would be admitting that he should have restructured the update a long time ago.
The last update is supposed to have 9 endings, most logical way of delivering that would be to split those endings between multiple updates, not making people wait ONE YEAR for a single last one.

Horrible, horrible project management.

mmaddmar

Feb 11, 2018
G'day, folks!

I paused the upcoming billing cycle once again as I haven't made progress since my last post. I've got a medical condition that emerges from time to time and it came back a day or two after my last post. Rest assured, It's not a serious issue but it was quite painful this time. (Or I just don't remember it, the last time I was dealing with it was in 2021)

If I was more determined I could've worked through it but I chose not to. I was fed up with the condition coming back on top of my mental issues so I wasn't able to get into the mood for writing.
and then a couple new illustrations that won't be in the game, and a few paragraphs about making those instead of progress on the update.

Now that this is done, I'm going back to writing. Based on the first half of January progress I expect the remaining work to take most of next month. Hopefully nothing unexpected stands in the way of finally wrapping this game up.

Have a nice weekend guys!
BP

LeCruft

Apr 15, 2018
and then a couple new illustrations that won't be in the game, and a few paragraphs about making those instead of progress on the update.
1674939154028.png
no clue time wise how this links to when you read the post yourself but it does seem like he made up his mind and decided that those illustrations will be in the game, like he mentioned in the post it will probably be some short scene and reading the other comments maybe even a dream sequence about riley while in the cuck route

Reactions: mmaddmar

irreverant

Dec 18, 2017
Funny because the human dick is literally designed to do the exact opposite, it literally pulls cum already in the vagina out so you can replace it with your own. that's why the head is the shape it is.
WRONG. This is dumb pseudoscience you probably read off tumbler . Evolutionary "scientists" just imagining things in to existent

• Haha
Reactions: Kotobiki

mmaddmar

Feb 11, 2018
View attachment 2346980
no clue time wise how this links to when you read the post yourself but it does seem like he made up his mind and decided that those illustrations will be in the game, like he mentioned in the post it will probably be some short scene and reading the other comments maybe even a dream sequence about riley while in the cuck route
I either saw the post before that comment was made, or just didn't see it, either way, fair enough! I recognize the importance of working on creative endeavors even if they don't directly contribute to the project at hand, so i was mostly being snarky more than anything. Nonetheless, glad it'll be included!

4.30 star(s) 54 Votes