LeCruft

Apr 15, 2018
The full Patreon post for those interested:

Important

Hello!

This is to let you guys know that unfortunately we won't see the release in February either. Thus, billing is turned off.

I've been contemplating for days whether this post should go out with this content. I really didn't want to share this with anyone but at this point I feel like it's important because it is the main reason behind the update taking twice as long as it should've. I want to keep this as brief and matter of fact as possible, I'm not looking for sympathy.

I've been struggling with depression for the better part of the past decade. It never got really bad due to having somebody or something to take my mind off of it. However, at the end of 2021 I've experienced a new trauma, which threw me into a downward spiral.

That was the time when my creativity and output started to plummet. Throughout last year health concerns and questions about my future also kept piling onto me. I did everything to avoid having to address my problems and tried focusing on finishing the last chapter of the game because I thought it would feel special and that it would make me happy and somehow magically change my situation for the better. In hindsight the best decision would've been going on a hiatus in August, when I realized the update got out of hand and fix my shit before proceeding with anything else. Instead I started fixing the art...you know how that went.

Fast forward to the beginning of this year, new year new me and all that, I was feeling hopeful of a quick wrap up of GF Tapes and jumping into the new game then depression hit me like a truck. Sure, the health issue set me back 2 weeks but now 2 months have already passed of this fucking year and I barely made any progress. The worst part is that I could literally see the finish line since December.

I'm not someone that leaves things unfinished so I'll do my best to wrap the game up. But I'm going to need more time.
As for what comes after that I'll address in a post at the appropriate time.

BP

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

Important

Hello!

This is to let you guys know that unfortunately we won't see the release in February either. Thus, billing is turned off.

I've been contemplating for days whether this post should go out with this content. I really didn't want to share this with anyone but at this point I feel like it's important because it is the main reason behind the update taking twice as long as it should've. I want to keep this as brief and matter of fact as possible, I'm not looking for sympathy.

I've been struggling with depression for the better part of the past decade. It never got really bad due to having somebody or something to take my mind off of it. However, at the end of 2021 I've experienced a new trauma, which threw me into a downward spiral.

That was the time when my creativity and output started to plummet. Throughout last year health concerns and questions about my future also kept piling onto me. I did everything to avoid having to address my problems and tried focusing on finishing the last chapter of the game because I thought it would feel special and that it would make me happy and somehow magically change my situation for the better. In hindsight the best decision would've been going on a hiatus in August, when I realized the update got out of hand and fix my shit before proceeding with anything else. Instead I started fixing the art...you know how that went.

Fast forward to the beginning of this year, new year new me and all that, I was feeling hopeful of a quick wrap up of GF Tapes and jumping into the new game then depression hit me like a truck. Sure, the health issue set me back 2 weeks but now 2 months have already passed of this fucking year and I barely made any progress. The worst part is that I could literally see the finish line since December.

I'm not someone that leaves things unfinished so I'll do my best to wrap the game up. But I'm going to need more time.

BP
Well that's super sad and informative. No wonder this update has been so difficult, he's dealing with some serious issues. It's also reassuring that he acknowledged the artwork detail, he really did lose the forest through the trees; and that's attributable to a person struggling with depression.

I wish he'd just take the hiatus now. The game isn't important, take three months to focus on yourself.

This is a good reminder that you never know what someone is dealing with.

Derioner

Feb 28, 2021
I'm just saying that I'm encouraged and that's the only thing one needs

Important

Hello!

BP
Wait, are you telling me that months of bullying - how he is incompetent and how he is basically scamming people, produced negative emotional distress? Who would have guess huh?

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Wait, are you telling me that months of bullying - how he is incompetent and how he is basically scamming people, produced negative emotional distress? Who would have guess huh?
It sounds like this depressive episode started long before the criticisms in this thread did. I'm sure it didn't help, but the issue existed independently.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I'm just saying that I'm encouraged and that's the only thing one needs

Good job using both of your accounts. Slick.

Zythnel

Jan 3, 2020
I finished my first play through with Riley gf despite that I'm not entirely sure what to feel of this game. All of the cast except the MC are horrible subhumans and I view them in different shades of contempt. At least in my ending the MC is happy and moved on, no I don't trust Riley one bit as she's a liar. She probably gonna bang other dudes while the MC is away in college. She claims she has a crush on MC for the longest time but is THE town bicycle and a hopeless slut. Another one of her "claims" she hate big dicks but likes it getting roughed by the slimy Italian piece of shit NTR guy.

• Angry
Reactions: bloodyasura

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I finished my first play through with Riley gf despite that I'm not entirely sure what to feel of this game. All of the cast except the MC are horrible subhumans and I view them in different shades of contempt. At least in my ending the MC is happy and moved on, no I don't trust Riley one bit as she's a liar. She probably gonna bang other dudes while the MC is away in college. She claims she has a crush on MC for the longest time but is THE town bicycle and a hopeless slut. Another one of her "claims" she hate big dicks but likes it getting roughed by the slimy Italian piece of shit NTR guy.
I think you have the game figured out pretty well. Riley wears her sluttiness on the outside and Mia tucks hers under a disguise. So is Riley any better just because she is more honest? In all honesty, probably not. A relationship with either of them is the same shit, different toilet. The MC is caught in a universe of futility because there only seems to be two girls in the entire world and they are both awful.

Kotobiki

Dec 3, 2020
including MC*

Kotobiki

Dec 3, 2020
I think you have the game figured out pretty well. Riley wears her sluttiness on the outside and Mia tucks hers under a disguise. So is Riley any better just because she is more honest? In all honesty, probably not. A relationship with either of them is the same shit, different toilet. The MC is caught in a universe of futility because there only seems to be two girls in the entire world and they are both awful.
You forgot his best friends GF, and girls on Gianni's phone :x

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
There is actually a way to break up with Mia and to throw Riley on the wall when she wants to be her replacement and go out on your way like a true G and the breaking up part is actually pretty satisfying too lol.
View attachment 2410024
That's how it went in my playthrough. It was super satisfying to tell Mia and Riley to go to hell. But I can't imagine many people playing this game will pursue that outcome, but I just couldn't imagine treating a guy like Mia and Riley treat the MC. But I guess I'm not the demographic for NTR games lol.

• Haha
Reactions: BNecro

Slimeee

Oct 8, 2018
wow the writing in this one is really good I was really surprised
Sad to hear the dev is having problems I hope he gets better

7sins7

Oct 3, 2021
Wait, I just went through my playthrough trying my best to keep my dignity and seeing through the lies and deceit to eventually break up with Mia and moving on. But that didn't happen to me. Apparently after confronting Mia after she got back I cave in like a weak piece of paper mache. Also I think Riley was not entirely truthful as well, since she was not really supportive. Could anyone please explain how the story branch through my choices without spoiling too much, I would appreciate it.

I also want to say to the developer he really made a good story. I like how the MC tried to rationalize the whole situation and ignoring the red flags. And I like that there are multiple paths/endings.

I have not keeping an eye on the updates, but I just read he is in a depression and has not been able to finish the game.
I don't know what is fully going on, but I know depression is not a joke. Take some time of, your health is more important.
I hope you will take care of yourself and eventually work on Girlfriend Tapes again.
Thank you for the game and I hope for more to come! And take care.

PS: I went back and change instead of breaking the monitor I kept looking. The story went further and apparently the MC became a willing cuck. It kinda became hurtful to see him become more degenerate. Meanwhile Riley is apparently in on it, that definitely did not help. I think there was a flaw in the branching of the game. I remember not subscribing to that guy's profile, but I received a photo of Mia cheating.
My wish for this game is to have a path where I keep my dignity intact and rip into them for treating me like trash. Because, I was a bit bumped out the MC did not even resist anymore and accepted he was a cuck. Wishul thinking I know, but nonetheless you have made a good game and I hope for more. Thank you again.

Last edited:

LeCruft

Apr 15, 2018
Wait, I just went through my playthrough trying my best to keep my dignity and seeing through the lies and deceit to eventually break up with Mia and moving on. But that didn't happen to me. Apparently after confronting Mia after she got back I cave in like a weak piece of paper mache. Also I think Riley was not entirely truthful as well, since she was not really supportive. Could anyone please explain how the story branch through my choices without spoiling too much, I would appreciate it.

I also want to say to the developer he really made a good story. I like how the MC tried to rationalize the whole situation and ignoring the red flags. And I like that there are multiple paths/endings.

I have not keeping an eye on the updates, but I just read he is in a depression and has not been able to finish the game.
I don't know what is fully going on, but I know depression is not a joke. Take some time of, your health is more important.
I hope you will take care of yourself and eventually work on Girlfriend Tapes again.
Thank you for the game and I hope for more to come! And take care.

PS: I went back and change instead of breaking the monitor I kept looking. The story went further and apparently the MC became a willing cuck. It kinda became hurtful to see him become more degenerate. Meanwhile Riley is apparently in on it, that definitely did not help. I think there was a flaw in the branching of the game. I remember not subscribing to that guy's profile, but I received a photo of Mia cheating.
My wish for this game is to have a path where I keep my dignity intact and rip into them for treating me like trash. Because, I was a bit bumped out the MC did not even resist anymore and accepted he was a cuck. Wishul thinking I know, but nonetheless you have made a good game and I hope for more. Thank you again.
There is actually a path where you do keep some dignity and leave both of them behind however last I checked it ended quite abruptly, aside from picking the obvs anti cuck options throughout the game there is one main choice that locks you into route 1 or route 2 (both having a cuck and willpower sub-route) and that is later on in the club when you have the choice to pay for the full bottle, besides that the game mainly has a hidden system, every choice you make gives a cuck point or a willpower point with certain choices giving you either as well as a point for mia or riley, these are what mainly locks you into certain paths and determine whether or not you see certain content, it seems that the choices you made didnt give you enough willpower points locking you into the cuck route

So I took some time to create a walkthrough. I hope I didn't miss anything important. To those who ask how to unlock certain images in the gallery, it's largely down to having enough points with the girl and being on the right route. Routes and point requirements are detailed in the walkthrough.
Mega

Edit: Some people apparently still had problems with unlocking the last images in the gallery, so I updated the walkthrough with notes about what choices unlock what "hidden" gallery scene. Note that this version comes with screenshots of the gallery from the game to let me number them (like: scene #7), which bumped the file-size up quite a bit (from 140KB to 1,4MB).
above is a detailed walkthrough someone made showing you how each choice affects cp/wp/rp/ and mp that is super useful for getting your head around why you were locked into the cuck route, as it doesn't spoil everything at once you can def use it to see what the outcome for current choices in your run will work towards if you still want some sense of mystery

Reactions: sava75 and 7sins7

7sins7

Oct 3, 2021
There is actually a path where you do keep some dignity and leave both of them behind however last I checked it ended quite abruptly, aside from picking the obvs anti cuck options throughout the game there is one main choice that locks you into route 1 or route 2 (both having a cuck and willpower sub-route) and that is later on in the club when you have the choice to pay for the full bottle, besides that the game mainly has a hidden system, every choice you make gives a cuck point or a willpower point with certain choices giving you either as well as a point for mia or riley, these are what mainly locks you into certain paths and determine whether or not you see certain content, it seems that the choices you made didnt give you enough willpower points locking you into the cuck route

above is a detailed walkthrough someone made showing you how each choice affects cp/wp/rp/ and mp that is super useful for getting your head around why you were locked into the cuck route, as it doesn't spoil everything at once you can def use it to see what the outcome for current choices in your run will work towards if you still want some sense of mystery
Thank you very much for your reply and explaining how the choices works. I really feel the game wants you to be a cuck and I hope the path where I break free is going to be very satisfying. But just as you said, the game is not finished yet. But I really look forward to seeing how the story unfolds. And if possible, a path where I completely come on top with full self-respect and dignity. I can only dream. But anyway thank you again!

Derioner

Feb 28, 2021
I always thought that when you go to my house after the party you could choose to go do something first to unlock a scene where I come out with a babydoll badly placed and sweaty and you stay with the intrigue I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but from the moment I saw Mia coming down with her babydoll to continue fucking her lover, I hope she would do something similar if she wants to extend more routes

4.30 star(s) 54 Votes