VN Unity Completed Girls! Girls! Girls!? [Rebirth Update] [Myosuki]

2.40 star(s) 20 Votes

Gagdy

Dec 14, 2018
Ok but Ladiva, the fourth picture, IS trans. Cygames, as far as I can recall, has been VERY consistent with that fact. She just doesn't want to transition cause she loves her parents and as such loves the body they gave her.
I'm pretty sure that's what newhalf means

lampuiho

Nov 30, 2018
Trap is not american slang for trans lol. It is term used for men who like to dress and act feminine in anime/manga circles.

Only disillusioned activist are trying turn trap into something it is not.
No it isn't just the activists who wrongly said it was a degratory term.
Look on youtube, and see how many people refer Thai ladyboys as traps.

Kuroimi95

Nov 20, 2017
Check who I was replying to. I was replying to the guy who said traps were much like futas which is 100% false
You're the one who should read his comment again, he said that "traps, much like futas, aren't trans", not "futas are like traps"
Which means "traps are not trans, and futas aren't trans"

Ok but Ladiva, the fourth picture, IS trans. Cygames, as far as I can recall, has been VERY consistent with that fact. She just doesn't want to transition cause she loves her parents and as such loves the body they gave her.
You failed the reading comprehension
The meme shows how the US translate all of these terms into trans, but while some of them "are" variants of transexuality (okamas being the case), others are not (like otoko no ko, or crossdress)

Reactions: ZaIgo

lampuiho

Nov 30, 2018
You're the one who should read his comment again, he said that "traps, much like futas, aren't trans", not "futas are like traps"
Which means "traps are not trans, and futas aren't trans"
Ok sorry. I somehow missed the second bit. But in the US, people do use the term "trap" to describe trans.

You failed the reading comprehension
The meme shows how the US translate all of these terms into trans, but while some of them "are" variants of transexuality (okamas being the case), others are not (like otoko no ko, or crossdress)
Yes, I am fully aware of what it means. It's just that your perpective of trap not applying to trans while my perpective of trap applying to trans changed the logical standpoint of it.

I am fully aware that trap was used to describe those male anime characters who were put in female clothings that looking like females in a 4chan post back in 2004 but that doesn't mean it was not used elsewhere to describe trans people, specifically the thai trans prostitutes.

Kuroimi95

Nov 20, 2017
Yes, I am fully aware of what it means. It's just that your perpective of trap not applying to trans while my perpective of trap applying to trans changed the logical standpoint of it.

I am fully aware that trap was used to describe those male anime characters who were put in female clothings that looking like females in a 4chan post back in 2004 but that doesn't mean it was not used elsewhere to describe trans people, specifically the thai trans prostitutes.
It wasn't answering you for this part but you do you

Also traps was at first the english word for otokonoko, and only that, and it wasn't just in 4chan but in most weeb forums
But like many other words, when it becomes widespread, it loses its meaning because people don't know how to use it

lampuiho

Nov 30, 2018
It wasn't answering you for this part but you do you

Also traps was at first the english word for otokonoko, and only that, and it wasn't just in 4chan but in most weeb forums
But like many other words, when it becomes widespread, it loses its meaning because people don't know how to use it
otokonoko 男の子 means Child of Male Nature not trap
I can read Kanji because I am a Chinese.
It doesn't lose its meaning. Languages evolve.

Kuroimi95

Nov 20, 2017
otokonoko 男の子 means Child of Male Nature not trap
I can read Kanji because I am a Chinese.
It doesn't lose its meaning. Languages evolve.
It just proves that you can read but not understand its meaning
Otoko no Ko (男の子) comes from Onna no Ko (女の子), it's a play of words to represent "a boy that looks like a girl"
The term trap for characters was created as an easy-to-use english word for those kind of characters, the word itself is not a direct translation of 男の子, but its meaning is the exact same, even having a play of words too with the actual word trap, because of how "a boy that looks like a girl" could be considered a trap

When the term trap started being used to define trans, it lost its meaning, because now, trap doesn't mean 男の子 anymore
Like many other words, once again, they lose meaning when becoming mainstream, because people are too stupid to use them correctly

Yes, words evolve, but does that means that you have to drop a word's actual meaning because people don't know how to use them?
Scientists all over the world would be fucked deeply if it was the case, with how many people use scientific words wrong

Reactions: anon8525

Tomuch

Jun 19, 2022
Last review is more than half a year old and reading this "Rebirth update" changelog it looks like some big changes. Anybody already played the update? Has the game improved and is it now better than the 2.4 stars rating?

2.40 star(s) 20 Votes