• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

Ren'Py Completed Girls in the Big City [Final] [The Worst]

3.00 star(s) 17 Votes

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
I don´t get it, last time i tried this game i could use console normally, but it does not work anymore, i tried using UnRen and even tried enabling it manually, still Shift+O does not work ( only brings panic mode window, had to disable it until i figured you can get out of there with Q key ), the config file spoke something about using a key for console, but nothing i tried works, i only assume that the creator changed the way console works and im having trouble accessing it with my keyboard. I tried searching in this topic too but nothing helps, only people posting codes or teaching what i already tried.
I've aready had to play from the start twice, i'm not doing it again... but if I was to try and I was having the same issue the first hing I'd try is changing the options.rpy

From this:
init -1:
python hide:
config.developer = True

To this:
init +1:
python hide:
config.developer = True

dingo4life

Oct 20, 2016
So how much content of the... Spicy... variety is there? I seem to remember playing it a bit a good while ago and all I really got was some tit groping and LOADS of dialogue and a very simple fighting mini game.

Oct 29, 2017
I've aready had to play from the start twice, i'm not doing it again... but if I was to try and I was having the same issue the first hing I'd try is changing the options.rpy

From this:
init -1:
python hide:
config.developer = True

To this:
init +1:
python hide:
config.developer = True
how do you get to the console to put that in

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
how do you get to the console to put that in
It doesn't go in the console it goes in the Options.rpy windows file. Before you open the game go into the /game folder and find the options.rpy file open it in text pad and change the -1 to +1.

If the options.rpy file isn't there either create it yourself or copy it from the thread below

SnubbLR

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I can't find the options.rpy file.. I downloaded my own and put it n the game folder and did the changes you suggested but got error messages after that. Clearly I have no idea what I am doing.

EDIT: Downloaded the suggested file, made the +1 Change, but nothing changed in game. Still get the stupid panic window when pressing shift + O :/

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
I can't find the options.rpy file.. I downloaded my own and put it n the game folder and did the changes you suggested but got error messages after that. Clearly I have no idea what I am doing.

EDIT: Downloaded the suggested file, made the +1 Change, but nothing changed in game. Still get the stupid panic window when pressing shift + O :/
There were posts on the last page stating the dev had taken anti cheat measures. The games popular enough for people to work away round it though.

Give it a few days

Lelantus

Aug 13, 2017

If you're trying to activate the developer menu, you need to go into the file renpy/common/00library.rpy, then look for

config.developer = False and change to config.developer = True While you're at it change the config.default_developer = False to config.default_developer = True as well. Who knows? It might help

There should be a few instances that you'll find, ignore the ones preceded by if, since those aren't what you seek.

Personally I'd suggest using the console, since the inclusion of the developer menu is in fact up to the discretion of the developer if I recall. Also it's a lot easier to do.

If you want to activate the console it's the file renpy/common/00config.rpy, change

config.console = False to config.console = True.

If this doesn't work tell me and I'll take a crack at it.

Master Mirror

May 11, 2017
Will the dev return to making "Babe Runner"?
They will probably never return. They realised comic/parody games make more money for them and switched to the development of this game in the first place. Their next game will be Ciri training game from Witcher universe.

DraconicPervert

Modder
Sep 6, 2016
Has anyone else have gotten the console to work on version 1.1?

The usual methods don't seem to work:
1- unren.bat
2- manually changing the 00console.rpy file
3- manually changing the options.rpy file

Neither the developer menu (SHIFT+D) or the console (SHIFT+O) could be opened.
I also got the "panic" screen when pressing SHIFT+O, which you can leave by pressing Q.

Another thing i tried is using saveeditonline and changing the money (ww.money), but even that didn't have any effect.
So is there anyone with savvy computer skills that managed enabling the console?

(I know this question has been asked multiple times on the last 2 pages, but all proposed solutions were invalid (I tried them), so I thought about giving this summary so that people won't propose the same solutions again.)

mdspt

Feb 21, 2018
How to enable console.

Manual way:

1. Use unren
2. Run game once to decompile .rpy files then close game
3. Edit options.rpy
3a. Around line 35 change the config.developer and config.console to True (capital T is important)
3b. Add this code at the top of the file (fixes some bugs that trigger in developer mode only)
Code:
screen debug:
    pass
3c. Under the config.keymap['panic_screen'] line (around line 19) remove the shift + o from the list, or delete the whole line althogether.

Slacker way:

Uploaded my own working options.rpy if you cba to do it yourself. Extract the zip to the "GirlsInTheBigCity\game" folder.

0zymand1as

Donor
Aug 21, 2017
If you're trying to activate the developer menu, you need to go into the file renpy/common/00library.rpy, then look for

config.developer = False and change to config.developer = True While you're at it change the config.default_developer = False to config.default_developer = True as well. Who knows? It might help

There should be a few instances that you'll find, ignore the ones preceded by if, since those aren't what you seek.

Personally I'd suggest using the console, since the inclusion of the developer menu is in fact up to the discretion of the developer if I recall. Also it's a lot easier to do.

If you want to activate the console it's the file renpy/common/00config.rpy, change

config.console = False to config.console = True.

If this doesn't work tell me and I'll take a crack at it.
Tried those methods and it didnt work

Reactions: vadkol

0zymand1as

Donor
Aug 21, 2017
Manual way:

1. Use unren
3. Edit options.rpy
3a. Around line 35 change the config.developer and config.console to True (capital T is important)
3b. Add this code at the top of the file (fixes some bugs that trigger in developer mode only)
Code:
screen debug:
    pass
3c. Under the config.keymap['panic_screen'] line (around line 19) remove the shift + o from the list, or delete the whole line althogether.

Slacker way:

Uploaded my own working options.rpy if you cba to do it yourself. Extract the zip to the "GirlsInTheBigCity\game" folder.
The unlock_all() command doesnt work anymore :mad:

Reactions: vadkol

DraconicPervert

Modder
Sep 6, 2016
Manual way:

1. Use unren
3. Edit options.rpy
Code:
screen debug:
    pass

Slacker way:

This works, thank you!

SnubbLR

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Manual way:

1. Use unren
3. Edit options.rpy
Code:
screen debug:
    pass

Slacker way:

Works. The hero of the day. Thank you!

Oct 29, 2017
Manual way:

1. Use unren
3. Edit options.rpy
Code:
screen debug:
    pass

Slacker way:

thank you it work

3.00 star(s) 17 Votes