Ren'Py Completed Girls in the Big City [Final] [The Worst]

3.00 star(s) 17 Votes

papragu

Jul 17, 2017
I am stuck at the same place. Can't find an ally for Harley.

Also in Ravens room I cant get anything but lesbian action... Not sure what to do now
Figured it out, you have to keep doing the Meditation minigame with Raven. At some point Skye will tell you that she can't teach you anything anymore. From there you can take Raven as team up to explore the black market.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
How much more content is in this version after the whole Starfire/WW/Harley @ the Strip Club story arc? Is it worth DL'ing or not? This game is a bit too grindy to have to start all over from scratch. :)

Any info is appreciated.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
So how much content of the... Spicy... variety is there? I seem to remember playing it a bit a good while ago and all I really got was some tit groping and LOADS of dialogue and a very simple fighting mini game.
Depends on what you mean with spicy, if its nudity and sex, then there will be quite more of that, with various characters. If you are looking for more spicier things, some people might call it hardcore or depraved or many other words, then I'd say you wont find that here.

Granted I played a version that was advertised as completed, and got about 50 pictures unlocked but couldnt do the last step to actually finish the game because it wasnt 100% finished yet. If somehow they made tons more content after that my information might be wrong. But going by the not really changed file size its pretty safe to say there isnt.

I did enjoy the game, liked that it was actually more of a game than a slideshow, liked the content and characters, but would have probably preferred more hardcore content. Especially the Club Scenes could have lead to more, but im also aware thats a personal preference thing. Overall a good game though, no real flaws to be found.

Reactions: dingo4life

Klimon

Feb 22, 2018
Are "old" saves ever gonna be compatible? Getting a little tedious to play through the same dialouges everytime there's an update

Reactions: Safetydummy

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
console commands are your friend
And what, pray tell, are the console commands? (I have no doubt they've changed since the last iteration of this game. :)

I do have to say, much like other people have pointed out, having to start a game all over from the beginning each and everytime an update is released is total BS. I know that I'm getting the game for free- and you know what? I'm glad. IF I actually paid for a game and was expected to restart each time that it was updated- I'm pretty sure I'd stop paying for that "priviledge"... There are how many other Devs that work with Ren'py and (somehow) manage to make their games work and/or compatible with previous updates. There have been at least four this month alone that require total restarts and I 1.) Wish that they would knock this practice off- especially if it's something small and inconsequential.
2.) Perhaps add the content into the game at a later point instead of basically "re-writing history".

:)

Muchos

May 31, 2017
Is it a save game issue that I can't get another quest from Berns the millionare? He still is saying that the developer nubs didn't get to this part yet.

DarkTl

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Jesus christ, just because you get the message about saves being made in other version of the game it doesn't mean you will have issues for sure :oops:
In fact you won't, unless your save was made a year ago.

It's the very same in other renpy games, except they just don't warn you about it.

Renpy's capability to load old saves is not limitless, so we decided to warn people about possible issues just in case. The message doesn't demand to start a new game.

I know that I'm getting the game for free
That's only correct part in your post, yeah :tf:

Muchos

May 31, 2017
Yeah know easy, just asking. It's supposed to be a finished game so i'ts kinda strange that I get the message that's something not finished.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

DarkTl

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Yeah know easy, just asking.
That wasn't directed to you, no worries.

We had a poll about adding additional scenes, and Burns lost it. But his placeholder remained.
It's not the last update of the game, we'll remove it in the future.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
In fact you won't, unless your save was made a year ago.

It's the very same in other renpy games, except they just don't warn you about it.

Renpy's capability to load old saves is not limitless, so we decided to warn people about possible issues just in case. The message doesn't demand to start a new game.
Everything that was written above seems to contradict what is written in the OP and the ClangeLog.

IMPORTANT Due to optimization/performance reasons, we've made loads of substantial changes in game's core, so unfortunately your old savegames won't work with this version.
  • "unfortunately your old savegames won't work with this version."
Old save games won't work with this version!
  • "Old save games won't work with this version!" (In Red, no less)
Both of these statement seem to demand that you start a new game or are the OP and Changelog wrong? Perhaps I don't understand the phrasing "won't work". I'm pretty sure "won't" is the contraction for "will not"- which is an absolute certainty, it's not "may not", "possibly not", "potentially not", or "there could be issues, but if you're lucky- there's a chance that your gaming experience will be just fine".

DarkTl

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
I'm not the OP, I can't edit his post. I suggest you to direct all those questions about words meanings to him, maybe he will enlighten you.

That message in his post about not working saves is like 8 months old, and not true for a loooong time.

I guess we won't show the message about saves in future games, since it appears to be confusing to many people.
Or maybe not?
Maybe it's not the message about saves being made in another version that confused people, but wrong first post? Hmm, we'll see.

Anyway, ironically you were forced to start the game anew exactly because you got the game for free, due to wrong information from the OP :closedeyesmile:

Unkn0wnX

Jan 12, 2018
i ccan't play the game it is saying that i am not allowed to play it even though i successfully extracted it with winRAR

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Feb 19, 2017
There have been at least four this month alone that require total restarts and I 1.) Wish that they would knock this practice off- especially if it's something small and inconsequential.
2.) Perhaps add the content into the game at a later point instead of basically "re-writing history".
Fact is, maintaining savegame capability as you update the game is hard work, and hard work that doesn't especially improve the "final product".

Games that have perfect savegame capability across RenPy versions without extra effort are usually pure VNs that keep adding content to the end. Systems-driven games where characters can be introduced and interacted with at any time have a much harder time of it, especially if the author goes back to rewrite earlier scenes.

I think it pays to re-visit games like this and Summertime Saga only once every couple of updates.

Reactions: iN3RT

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
love this game and the girls are smoking hot and you got my favert crazy in here love
that clown girl and the others but you can't beat crazy lol. so this the full game with everthing
and more updates to come. and tell me we can get more april too.

hotracecar

Feb 3, 2018
download both the save file and the persistant file
Move both files to the save folder in the game folder.
Delete the .sav on the persistant file
Start the game up.
still have nothing, empty and still make a different persistence file when I load up the game did delet the .sav from the downloaded persistence file but it still not working. T_T sorry to be a hassle

bobr12

Jun 16, 2017
Manual way:

1. Use unren
2. Run game once to decompile .rpy files then close game
3. Edit options.rpy
3a. Around line 35 change the config.developer and config.console to True (capital T is important)
3b. Add this code at the top of the file (fixes some bugs that trigger in developer mode only)
Code:
screen debug:
    pass
3c. Under the config.keymap['panic_screen'] line (around line 19) remove the shift + o from the list, or delete the whole line althogether.

Slacker way:

Uploaded my own working options.rpy if you cba to do it yourself. Extract the zip to the "GirlsInTheBigCity\game" folder.
Thank you. Question: "unicodedecodeerror 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x84 in position 9 invalid start byte" how solve this problem ? This error appear when I start use "shift+O" console to change value of HP, money, etc.

3.00 star(s) 17 Votes