Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
This version is an improved language:cool:, it has no more history than the previous one, sorry for the disappointment.
To be honest I quite liked the old version, I found the "engrish" fit for a story settled in a dystopian future where everything is almost in shambles, and the language reflect the anarchy, with few oasis of the old civilization.
But nonetheless I will enjoy this improved language version, it's a very good excuse for another playthrough waiting for the next update, and again thanks for this great game Namco15! :giggle: :giggle:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So why then the version change if it doesn't have new content?
Because it's not the same version; this is a version with improved language use. In development terms, even something this minor should have a new version number. That's how changes in development are tracked; it doesn't have to "make sense" for players necessarily.

Namco15

LESS TALKING MORE RAIDING!
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
So why then the version change if it doesn't have new content?
0.1 was a pretty lying number for how long the game is... luckily it didn't have any bugs or plot holes, which would need an emergency update:cautious:.
before I changed the version number, I checked this thread How do you know what version your game is?
and I think the 0.2 is fair for the amount of text Garybaldi had to edit.
To be honest I quite liked the old version, I found the "engrish" fit for a story settled in a dystopian future where everything is almost in shambles, and the language reflect the anarchy, with few oasis of the old civilization.
But nonetheless I will enjoy this improved language version, it's a very good excuse for another playthrough waiting for the next update, and again thanks for this great game Namco15! :giggle: :giggle:
Don't worry my engrish is not going anywhere:whistle::LUL:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
IS there anyway I can ask for a male protagonist? It has nothing to do with gender but I prefer to play as my gender, I have never played as a female character. And will never play as a female as long as I am male. I am most likely going to catch flak for what I wrote. So I will say this first: 1. this is just a game, 2. I am me and you are you, I don't tell you how to play so have the same respect, 3. This in no way meant to be offensive towards anyone so if it is DM me and I will apologize.
I don't have any problem with you having your opinion. I'm not going to facepalm you or argue with you or get upset. Although I'm a male myself and love this game so far, I can understand your perspective. However, I will say that I see absolutely no way for this game to work with a male protagonist. I don't think that ever could be a thing with this game. So, I think you either learn to enjoy playing as a female for this game, or find a different game to play.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
IS there anyway I can ask for a male protagonist? It has nothing to do with gender but I prefer to play as my gender, I have never played as a female character. And will never play as a female as long as I am male. I am most likely going to catch flak for what I wrote. So I will say this first: 1. this is just a game, 2. I am me and you are you, I don't tell you how to play so have the same respect, 3. This in no way meant to be offensive towards anyone so if it is DM me and I will apologize.
You are coming as hostile anyway, and preemptively defending yourself, so don't ask that while you're lacking it in the first place.
Coming in a thread of a game, where it's specified that the MC is female from the beginning, asking for a change so important that would require a rework of the game, with that flimsy excuse it's rude, plain and simple.
Also I would like to add that, since the majority of games on this site have a male MC, you can easily find an alternative to this game; if you were really interested to play this title you could have done it without a single issue nor complain, like we all did it doesn't really matter the MC's gender when the game have a good story to offer, imho.
So no, while your opinion is legit I disagree with it, and I don't see why I should ask for a private apology when I can express my personal opinion in a respectful manner.

Kind Nightmares

Instinct Unleashed developer
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
I actually don't get why can't people just turn off the tags they don't like so much instead of asking to change the game for their tastes? This is rude on so many levels.

This has been said so many times that there is no longer even any emotion left except for frustration. You have thousands of games with a male protagonist for every taste and color, but for some reason, as soon as something interesting appears with a female protagonist, someone is bound to ask for a gender swap or something like that, even if the male doesn't fit at all. Just imagine yourself in the place of those who see such comments all the time. You have a few favorite games and every time someone will come and ask for a female protagonist for them.

Also, you contradict yourself a little. You say it's not about gender, but you'll never play for someone other than your gender. So it is about gender. I'm not trying to dictate how you should play, but you yourself say that this is just a game, so go ahead and just enjoy (or not) the story, regardless of the gender of the protagonist.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I actually don't get why can't people just turn off the tags they don't like so much instead of asking to change the game for their tastes?
That's definitely something more folks should do. But even looking on the Latest Updates page, you can hover over a title on a desktop / laptop to see tags for the game. (Or on mobile, it's a little more involved, but you can still hold down a finger on a game, and when you're asked whether to open the link or whatever, just tap outside of the prompt and you'll see the game showing its tags.) So you are told what to expect before you even visit the thread. And beyond that, ofc, every thread shows tags at the very top before almost any of the other game information.

So honestly, I feel like there's no excuse. I think I had maybe 50 posts (if even that) before I knew exactly how to see what tags were present on a game. That was probably within my first month on the site. So if you've been here nearly 1½ years and have over 200 posts, I can't see any way you could possibly not be able to tell ahead of time before getting invested in a game. Just because I personally sometimes like playing female protagonists — I could name several games, but I won't out of respect for this one — doesn't mean everyone else should. But that doesn't prevent anyone else from easily seeing what to expect before taking the time to complain about it in the thread for a game they probably will never play or will bail on after a very short time.

BigTTiger

May 27, 2021
What is it about people that look at a game description and or play said game then have the nerve to sit there and complain oh it doesn't have this, or it doesn't have that when the game's clearly state what kind of MC's that they will have here's a simple solution if you don't like the characters of a certain game then don't play them yes people are entitled to their own opinions on things and give constructive criticism and or feedback but out and out complaining about things that are already set in stone just because you don't like the direction a game's going or the character's involved or a particular plot is plain bs please dev or any dev for that matter don't change the vision you have for your games just to suit a very low percentage of people.

• Love
Reactions: Gwydion and Namco15
Dec 7, 2020
I have discovered and played it today.

I see that as always in lesbian games, there's already drama in the thread asking for dudes xD. Just accept that the main characters aren't interested in guys. Can you imagine that situation in gay men protagonist games, asking for women? xD. Oh well.

Anyway, I liked it a lot. The story and setting have potential, characters seem to have a long past together, from romantic relationships to family or political links, and it seems everything will be discovered little by little. And of course, good renders, and the character designs are beautiful ^^

Seeing the polyamorous society that prevails on the island, I hope that not all the girls who are with Celeste date exclusively her, it would not make any sense, and it would be the typical case of which so many stories sin, of "everything revolves around the MC". For example, it seems clear to me that Isylnor and Eridani were in love with each other too, not just with Celeste, but after Celeste disappeared, it seems that now Isylnor and Eridani are not together anymore. I just hope the reason is something that happened between the two of them, and not simply because "without the MC to guide us, the relationship between us is irrelevant".

Although, as I said, the setting is interesting, the game has a clear problem that more people have already mentioned in the thread: the narrative is... quite confusing. Partly because the English is not... particularly good, although I appreciate the effort of the author, since I have seen that it's not their main language (neither is mine). I hope it gets better ^^

As one person here already commented, the narrative would be less confusing just by adding small details such as that if two characters with an unknown name are in the same scene, both of them shouldn't be named as "unknown". Instead, using names that describe the appearance of the unknown character we're looking at, such as "green-haired woman", would be much better to understand who's speaking.

In the current state of the game, it clearly requires replaying the game to understand many details that are lost the first time you play it. So many names about people or places we haven't met.

In summary, interesting game, beautiful characters and the setting has potential. I just hope that the narrative and the translation improve ^^

And I guess the "next update in December 2024" is a joke, right? ^^U xD

Last edited:

Namco15

LESS TALKING MORE RAIDING!
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
I hope that not all the girls who are with Celeste date exclusively her
Isylnor and Eridani are not together anymore
They were separated for a while... Isilynor is very passionate and chaotic... while Eridiani is cold and calculating when the situation demands it, but at the present time they are together even with one more girl who joined their relationship and is not originally from the city;).

In the current state of the game, it clearly requires replaying the game to understand many details that are lost the first time you play it. So many names about people or places we haven't met.
And there are dialogues that make no sense until future updates... I hope some of them will be funny and will give an insight into Celeste's personality;).
And I guess the "next update in December 2024" is a joke, right? ^^U xD
It was supposed to be a joke and the next update was supposed to be in December 2022:whistle:... Step by step.

Dec 7, 2020
They were separated for a while... Isilynor is very passionate and chaotic... while Eridiani is cold and calculating when the situation demands it, but at the present time they are together even with one more girl who joined their relationship and is not originally from the city;).

And there are dialogues that make no sense until future updates... I hope some of them will be funny and will give an insight into Celeste's personality;).

It was supposed to be a joke and the next update was supposed to be in December 2022:whistle:... Step by step.
Thanks for you answer :3

So they're still together, I thought they weren't anymore , that's nice to hear.

Looking forward to seeing how the story goes ^^

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Namco15

Kind Nightmares

Instinct Unleashed developer
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
Can you imagine that situation in gay men protagonist games, asking for women? xD. Oh well.
I've never been there, but for some reason I have a feeling that if the tags male protagonist and gay are shown together, then girls will not be there, with the rare exception of straight games where gay interests are added. With our favorite tag, everything is much more complicated, unfortunately. But I can imagine what a shit show it would be if, for example, the dev of Being a DIK were asked by a ton of people to add a female protagonist or change gender. Oh, I'd love to see that. :HideThePain:

Dec 7, 2020
I've never been there, but for some reason I have a feeling that if the tags male protagonist and gay are shown together, then girls will not be there, with the rare exception of straight games where gay interests are added. With our favorite tag, everything is much more complicated, unfortunately. But I can imagine what a shit show it would be if, for example, the dev of Being a DIK were asked by a ton of people to add a female protagonist or change gender. Oh, I'd love to see that. :HideThePain:
Yes, sometimes it literally takes more time to find games with actual lesbian protagonists, than those games last. All thanks to the "marvelous" tag system of this website xD. Well, at least sometimes, if you're lucky when manually filtering search results, you can find cool stuff, like this game.

Imagine also the shit show if Being a DIK's dev was asked to add some dude that with his magical and probably black :BootyTime: cock can "turn" the male MC into bisexual or fully gay xDD.

3.70 star(s) 29 Votes