4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

iftachby

Jul 31, 2023
I find it funny that the dev promised certainly the release in November and since then we basically haven't heard from them.

Obviously shit happens and delays suck and then holiday season and everything, so no hard feelings. Still, you can basically study these femdom game creators interaction with the fanbases as a use case of how not to handle community relations. (Obviously this dev is still light years behind ToT creators on how not to handle their comms)

DogStar

Feb 5, 2020
I find it funny that the dev promised certainly the release in November and since then we basically haven't heard from them.

Obviously shit happens and delays suck and then holiday season and everything, so no hard feelings. Still, you can basically study these femdom game creators interaction with the fanbases as a use case of how not to handle community relations. (Obviously this dev is still light years behind ToT creators on how not to handle their comms)
And this is why I will never support devs on patreon unless they've proven to be reliable for more than a year. Everytime I've supported a promising dev, it's been a shit show

Reactions: dholyma

Lina Sylph

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021

Between choosing silence or explaining exactly what's going on behind the scenes when deadline goals are missed, I usually choose the former. It's a choice between publicizing excuses or just waiting. With those 'excuses' comes a long story involving personal health, people collaborating with me on the game, and other such complexities.

So should I just write another "in development, patience please guys?" No option is productive, and unfortunately simply 'just make and release the game' is not possible right now though I want to very badly.

Which outcome would be better? This is not my personal blog, and the information that is not too private is just uncomfortable to read about and serves no further purpose than a glimpse in my personal life.

The third option is making a post like this, which I do eventually, but it appears as same-old-same-old even if things are changing -- so why bother stirring the pot? The situation just is as it is right now, and I wish it was not.

Thus it's narrowed down to two options: I am telling the truth or I am lying. Which is what we already have.

So nothing changes.

Which is why I don't post often, and is probably the same broken down reasoning on why others do not as well.

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
Between choosing silence or explaining exactly what's going on behind the scenes when deadline goals are missed, I usually choose the former. It's a choice between publicizing excuses or just waiting. With those 'excuses' comes a long story involving personal health, people collaborating with me on the game, and other such complexities.

So should I just write another "in development, patience please guys?" No option is productive, and unfortunately simply 'just make and release the game' is not possible right now though I want to very badly.

Which outcome would be better? This is not my personal blog, and the information that is not too private is just uncomfortable to read about and serves no further purpose than a glimpse in my personal life.

The third option is making a post like this, which I do eventually, but it appears as same-old-same-old even if things are changing -- so why bother stirring the pot? The situation just is as it is right now, and I wish it was not.

Thus it's narrowed down to two options: I am telling the truth or I am lying. Which is what we already have.

So nothing changes.

Which is why I don't post often, and is probably the same broken down reasoning on why others do not as well.
The community you appeal to is small and very niche and is scared that when it gets something good it may go the Koda way of development. You don´t have to specify the cause of missing the dealine, it can be as vague as you want, just don´t keep quiet when things go awry, specially if months pass by after giving a date. Just talk.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
... Been playing South Park: Stick of Truth?
Actually I've never played that game. I like pegging and monster girls so when I hear of probing aliens I think of the r34 variant.

So nothing changes.

Poring from Castle of Temptation has been going through some personal issues as well and his followers have been very supported.

The community you appeal to is small and very niche and is scared that when it gets something good it may go the Koda way of development. You don´t have to specify the cause of missing the dealine, it can be as vague as you want, just don´t keep quiet when things go awry, specially if months pass by after giving a date. Just talk.
This right here is the way. It doesn't have to be long, just consistent.

elwendyr

Feb 22, 2018
You don't owe us anything lol, people will always complain about having to wait for something that they like, this is symptomatic of any hyped product.

iftachby

Jul 31, 2023
I agree, you don't owe us anything obviously. Sorry if my last post appeared as attacking you, as that wasn't my intention.

I do think that for 99% of the playerbase who are waiting for an update a vague 'its delayed because of personal reasons but its still happening, don't worry' is much better than silence. IMO anyway.

Anyway, wish you all the best in your personal life and for your health

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes