4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

ArkanF6

Jan 13, 2024
Between choosing silence or explaining exactly what's going on behind the scenes when deadline goals are missed, I usually choose the former. It's a choice between publicizing excuses or just waiting. With those 'excuses' comes a long story involving personal health, people collaborating with me on the game, and other such complexities.

So should I just write another "in development, patience please guys?" No option is productive, and unfortunately simply 'just make and release the game' is not possible right now though I want to very badly.

Which outcome would be better? This is not my personal blog, and the information that is not too private is just uncomfortable to read about and serves no further purpose than a glimpse in my personal life.

The third option is making a post like this, which I do eventually, but it appears as same-old-same-old even if things are changing -- so why bother stirring the pot? The situation just is as it is right now, and I wish it was not.

Thus it's narrowed down to two options: I am telling the truth or I am lying. Which is what we already have.

So nothing changes.

Which is why I don't post often, and is probably the same broken down reasoning on why others do not as well.
Sorry to hear that - take all the time you need, as I said I really like the atmosphere, dialogue and art of the game. Better you take care of yourself, and make a better game (or come to a healthy decision to give this up if it's getting too much for your mental health). As some or the other guys have said, you don't owe us anything.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lina Sylph

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Actually I've never played that game.
Didn't play too much of it myself (is on my to-complete list since several years ago), aliens abduct you and like other South Park residents (like Cartman in the first episode of the series) they try to stick a probe up your ass. You refuse it after several peg attempts, then a last attempt is successful and from that point on you can use the probe to teleport around town to previously discovered satellital dishes (?) or something like that. I don't remember if it's used for something else, you get it pretty early on the game.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Lina Sylph

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
The community you appeal to is small and very niche and is scared that when it gets something good it may go the Koda way of development. You don´t have to specify the cause of missing the dealine, it can be as vague as you want, just don´t keep quiet when things go awry, specially if months pass by after giving a date. Just talk.
Alright, then I'll put it succinctly.

I have been recovering from brain damage (and still am, though I am much better) for the past year. I did not want development to cease, and a programmer offered to help me in the interim during my recovery. It's being done for free, so there is not much more I can ask for than what is given. Learning was borderline impossible back then, so taking the steps necessary to advance my own level of code to do it all myself was out of the question.

This person is helping a lot -- for free, so I would do well to not even imply that I'm bad-mouthing him -- because I'm not. He's got his own full-time job, and other personal responsibilities which we all have. There's just not a ton I can do. I've completed everything I can on my end, and have broached reasonable avenues to be able to finish what he has started -- but that also seems impossible given the circumstances.

My ability to manage and have confidence in decisions over other people took a big hit, so much of it is just trusting that he is doing the work, and I believe he is -- but he has a life, he's doing it for free; and most of what I am up to is scraping more brain cells back together so I can live a decent life. It's not even a matter of this taking precedence over game development -- again, I've done literally everything possible on my end, and even started writing another project while I wait.

Before, I was *relatively* healthy, and only had an artist to oversee. I was subsequently lobotomized, and had to have a far more hands-off approach in order to have development continue whatsoever.

Again I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm and I regret that it is taking so long to release. Hope this cleared up the entire story.

Illdoitlater

May 22, 2020
Thank you for updating us, I am glad you are doing better from the damage. I can understand the wait. The idea of another project sounds nice and will hopefully not get the others mad.

May 25, 2022
I wish you a fine recovery and all the best. I will be around this page, as will others to experience more of your creative endeavours (the ones you plan to share with the world) and of course to show our appreciation. Because what you do is incredible, and we are very eager and excited for what things you release next.

Indeed@456

May 31, 2022

I have been recovering from brain damage (and still am, though I am much better) for the past year. I did not want development to cease, and a programmer offered to help me in the interim during my recovery. It's being done for free, so there is not much more I can ask for than what is given. Learning was borderline impossible back then, so taking the steps necessary to advance my own level of code to do it all myself was out of the question.

This person is helping a lot -- for free, so I would do well to not even imply that I'm bad-mouthing him -- because I'm not. He's got his own full-time job, and other personal responsibilities which we all have. There's just not a ton I can do. I've completed everything I can on my end, and have broached reasonable avenues to be able to finish what he has started -- but that also seems impossible given the circumstances.

My ability to manage and have confidence in decisions over other people took a big hit, so much of it is just trusting that he is doing the work, and I believe he is -- but he has a life, he's doing it for free; and most of what I am up to is scraping more brain cells back together so I can live a decent life. It's not even a matter of this taking precedence over game development -- again, I've done literally everything possible on my end, and even started writing another project while I wait.

Before, I was *relatively* healthy, and only had an artist to oversee. I was subsequently lobotomized, and had to have a far more hands-off approach in order to have development continue whatsoever.

Again I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm and I regret that it is taking so long to release. Hope this cleared up the entire story.
Take your time king (y)

Illdoitlater

May 22, 2020
It's not about the money, it's about the satisfaction of seeing two-faced men double over in fealty, little schizophrenic bouts as they gradually accept that they were born bitches.
It never clicked that it was your channel, great fan on youtube, Thank you Mistress Lina

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

First of all, I am glad to hear your brain damage is doing better. I'm also glad to see you have people on your end helping you with your health, the game, and life in general. While game delays are a pain, we understand you are dealing with a lot and are acting in good faith.

DogStar

Feb 5, 2020
More worrying than "hot" if you ask me, but then again I probably took it more seriously than I should've.
Wait you guys actually believe it's her? lol I'm sure it was just a joke because of the name. Like, why would she use basic AI art when she's entirely capable of drawing much superior art in a better style?

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes