Ernst Kurz

Jun 13, 2017
... Either way, it's looking doubtful I'll ever figure out what's happening with this game.
My observations convinced me not to "hope" for any real hack. The server doing the work seems to be a Node-JS-system which communicates with Patreon on one side and your gadget on the other side. The logic of the game is completely on the server side. Only the images are being transferred to your local system before, for obvious reasons. Even if you succeed in hijacking the second connection (as I did) and trying to manipulate the responses coming from the server you get nothing more than a local visual effect (like displaying money = $2,000,000) which is overruled by the next response from the authoritative server (he still "knows" that you have $365 only). There may be a small chance by playing with the requests though.

Every click went or still goes to the server. So their first cheap construction got overwhelmed pretty fast - due to a weak backend or bad configuration of NodeJS or the Nginx-webserver in front I don't know. These problems seem to be solved for now so there is no urgent need for an offline version anymore. The cow gives its milk as planned.

The offline version offers only unrestrained fiddling with responses and requests. The server itself has been compiled into a single executable. If this has been done correctly it would need an ardent hacker to play with. Don't think the game is worth the effort. PS: Ok, the .exe-file is quite talkative, chances are there. But for what exactly?

balabasuu

May 17, 2017
At first I tried here
View attachment 281495

then I tried here...
View attachment 281498

Am I missing anything?
not sure about the first picture but it seems that you have allowed it to go online
so try to untick both home and private
but in second click on outbound and create a new rule
find glamour and block it there
Are you two still sending spam?
My “Glamor” started working without blocking in the firewall, because I turned off the firewall.
I copied the files "Glamor" from the archive on the way where the save files are located on the disk "C". Everything worked for me instantly.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
What the fuck?! Who the hell is he? New Eric?
That's Nick... He's definitely not "an Eric", he's Julia's (Kate's sister) boyfriend.

Although I get the impression that you haven't played as Kate, so you probably didn't know something so obvious.

Are we not able to play as a male character yet?
I think Patrons can, for 0.12 as Max.
There's really not much point though, because the BB side of the game is still in its early stages. Probably best to wait a few months if that's your only interest in the game.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
find process 'glamourserver.exe'
and find value of ( money * 2 )
For clarity sake, it only works with the OFFLINE version.
The normal online-only version doesn't come with the added glamourserver.exe that the offline version needs.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Are you two still sending spam?
My “Glamor” started working without blocking in the firewall, because I turned off the firewall.
I copied the files "Glamor" from the archive on the way where the save files are located on the disk "C". Everything worked for me instantly.
So all I need to do is put it on C:? Nobody ever let me know that was necessary for over a year on this thread, thanks for hopefully solving this for me. I'll test it out in a bit. I didn't mean to "spam" I legitimately wasn't able to boot up the game and I've just been searching for the answer.

If it does end up being the answer to the issue, i'll let the thread know so that bit can be added to the installation instructions in the OP.

balabasuu

May 17, 2017
So all I need to do is put it on C:? Nobody ever let me know that was necessary for over a year on this thread, thanks for hopefully solving this for me. I'll test it out in a bit. I didn't mean to "spam" I legitimately wasn't able to boot up the game and I've just been searching for the answer.

If it does end up being the answer to the issue, i'll let the thread know so that bit can be added to the installation instructions in the OP.
Yes. It is necessary to transfer the contents to the “C” drive, to the folder where the saved folder is located.
Previously, this was not necessary, but DS decided to joke and made a standalone version of the game, which does not work without an Internet connection, if you do not copy files to the "C" drive.
You needed the following answer: "Change Windows XP to Windows 7 or copy the files to the C drive."
I see no reason to write more words than I did now.

Smurfen

Feb 15, 2018
So all I need to do is put it on C:?
As far as I know you don't have to put the game on C:
I have my adult games including Glamour in my E: drive
when I started the game for the first time it took me about 20minutes before I could play it and it also created folders in C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Sandlust Games Ltd
I didn't block the game in firewall when I was asked about to allow the game in my firewall I just clicked the firewalls close button

Edit: I run it on Win10

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
It officially worked, whoever can adjust the OP should add that it's necessary to place the game in C:....at least if you're using windows 7

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Is there no way to adjust the options or have sound if it's the offline version, or does that unlock?

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
Is there no way to adjust the options or have sound if it's the offline version, or does that unlock?
there are no sound on online version either nor can we adjust the screen resolution
and good that you finally got it to work
is it a internal drive cos i tried on my external drive that i called v

balabasuu

May 17, 2017
As far as I know you don't have to put the game on C:
when I started the game for the first time it took me about 20minutes before I could play it and it also created folders in C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Sandlust Games Ltd
I didn't block the game in firewall when I was asked about to allow the game in my firewall I just clicked the firewalls close button

Edit: I run it on Win10
Given the fact that "Glamor" is mainly composed of images, it turns out that basically the game should be on disk "C" and it is mainly there.
If this is not the case, then we can start the game without images on the “C” disc ... But we cannot do this, even with the offline version of the game ...
The only question is, from which source will we copy the files: the Internet or zip-archive.
I was sorry to spend an hour of my life copying files from the Internet, so I copied them from the archive. I'm not going to waste my life on useless actions. “Glamor” is not worth it.

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
AKA101
if you just read a little Yevaud6 has gotten it to work
cos he/she had the file somewhere else he/she didn't wrote where
but i suspect it was on a usb-stick or external hdd

smut

Jul 21, 2017
So based on the post on one of the previous pages there would be two paths in later versions, one that was F/F and one that was F/F/M? I haven't played through all of the content yet but can I avoid the F/F/M content now, and what will happen with the saves if the paths are modified in the future?

2.60 star(s) 183 Votes