Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
No, it is the fault of those who give him money. If there was no money he would be more serious about working on something to get it.
No he wouldn't.

Continuing to give him money after repeating patterns of the same behaviour is their fault.
Throwing out excuses (convenient or not) and then abandoning a project three times is his fault.

Original Glamour was 2016, abandoned.
Big Brother was 2017, abandoned at approximately one year of development.

Glamour (remake) was announced prior to the "end" of Big Brother, with early pre-production work being done around the same time BB had it's last couple of releases, and the first version of Glamour (remake) in 2018... Nearly six years ago.
It then went on to have far less content in the same span of time that BB had (Kate hadn't even had sex outside of oral with her sister in the first year of Glamour's development), inclusion of an offline client (originally online only), a couple of engine changes (that only served to add more bugs and reintroduce old ones that had been "fixed"), abandon a gender-swap MC to add another remake into the remake, piss off patrons who weren't interested in a BB remake being jammed into the Glamour remake, continue to artifically inflate the "quality" of the work they did (biggest update ever, every fucking time), abandoning story elements that had been waiting literal years for continuation, repeating the same habits even down to the timing of them from BB and probably original Glamour too.

As easily as a fool and their money are parted, it's the one who took advantage that's at fault.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Okay, and, after two cancelled games, they're still giving money.... Who is dumber, the fool or the fool who follows the fool?
So now you're shifting from who's at fault, to who's dumber... That completely negates what you were saying previously and just reinforces what I was saying. :LOL:

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
It's one thing for you to be dumb to not know how to finish your story and leave the people who support you stranded, or of getting bored of your own game and not finishing it, or to laze around when money is flowing, and it's another thing to be equally dumb to support a guy with two abandoned games and not expect him to do it with a third.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaiadas

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
It's one thing for you to be dumb to not know how to finish your story
That's just it, neither of us said DS was dumb, until you pivoted from blame to dumb.

and it's another thing to be equally dumb to support a guy with two abandoned games and not expect him to do it with a third.
I agree. However, there's more to it.
DS decided to chase the BB patrons again, so they started the BB remake in Glamour, long before that remake was finished.
Remember, he's not dumb... He was certainly foolish and absolutely arrogant enough to repeat the same mistakes, but it was born of his own greed. The result, was never regaining the patron numbers BB used to get (people moved on to far better projects), while patron numbers continued to fluctuate regularly throughout this game's life.

Basically, more patrons were wise to DS and his habits and track record, combined with this game being no better than BB in terms of quality of content and aesthetics.
It was outdated and surpassed by other, more talented and often more reliable devs on other projects,

JeffM80

Jun 21, 2017
That's just it, neither of us said DS was dumb, until you pivoted from blame to dumb.

I agree. However, there's more to it.
DS decided to chase the BB patrons again, so they started the BB remake in Glamour, long before that remake was finished.
Remember, he's not dumb... He was certainly foolish and absolutely arrogant enough to repeat the same mistakes, but it was born of his own greed. The result, was never regaining the patron numbers BB used to get (people moved on to far better projects), while patron numbers continued to fluctuate regularly throughout this game's life.

Basically, more patrons were wise to DS and his habits and track record, combined with this game being no better than BB in terms of quality of content and aesthetics.
It was outdated and surpassed by other, more talented and often more reliable devs on other projects,
If you think BB and Glamour are on the same level aethetically then you clearly have not loaded up BB in a long time. The smoothing on the old images, partiularly in darker scenes, is horrendous.

Reactions: firevoodoo

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
I consider this game finished. I play this game solely for Max Path (Big Brother). Since a year or 2 ago, the family plot line are pretty much done. Any Max update since, mostly try to integrate him into college plot. Well, time to move on.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Honestly, I'm just wondering what went wrong with this DarkSilver dude.

When he stopped working on Big Brother, his game was by far the most popular game here on F95, even more than Summertime Saga.

Now, he tells that he has to abandon his game's development because they don't cash enough money from it. This is bewildering.

Dude, how many mistakes did you make all these years to fall from riches to rags?

Reactions: Edenis

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
A long time ago we wrote a lot with DS, at BB on Patreon, then at Glamour on Discord. I always reported the bugs, but I stopped reporting them because they weren't fixed even after a few months. We haven't written for over 3 years now. Here are a few examples from Glamour.

Screenshot_110.png
Screenshot_106.png
Screenshot_105.png
Screenshot_107.png Screenshot_108.png
Screenshot_110.png

Last edited:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Also judging by how you talk to him it looks like you've put him on a pedestal.
"I stoped talking to him because he doesn't fix bugs" is a very interesting way to put someone on a pedestal.

I think you might want to work on your interpretation skills. No, actually I think you should ... desperatly.

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
dark silver = 3 games
big brother = abendonned
glamour first try = abendonned
glamour 2nd try = abendonned .......

thats a fucking joke as DEV

Skazitel

Dec 11, 2021
You keep whining and whining and whining. Aren't you tired? Who is stopping you from merging the branches and putting Karina in doggy style? I would try, but I don’t know where to start, first of all, and secondly, I’m not so strong in Daza

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
You keep whining and whining and whining. Aren't you tired? Who is stopping you from merging the branches and putting Karina in doggy style? I would try, but I don’t know where to start, first of all, and secondly, I’m not so strong in Daza
You already said this a month ago... Also, you're not replying to anyone.
You're clearly directing it at someone, but haven't said to whom.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
not sure I get you.
This is the third time he's put that image up.
It's been deleted twice now, as well as a post he made that showed he was doing this because he has a grudge against Lukumoide specifically. He even went as far as making accusations of Lukumoide playing this game with his own 10yr old kid...

I don't know what moderator's been doing the deleting, but people have been given thread bans/suspensions for far less than this.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Would report him as well, but I got him on ignore for a long time already. Sorry, not taking him off the list just to report him.

2.60 star(s) 184 Votes