EnterYourNameHere

Mar 16, 2022
UIff another dark silver game is abandoned. -.- Will he even finish one game in his life? Whats the reason now he abandoned this game?

hardwire666

Apr 12, 2018
UIff another dark silver game is abandoned. -.- Will he even finish one game in his life? Whats the reason now he abandoned this game?
Progress report

This post has been a long time coming. It's probably one of, if not the most important post in the history of this project.
Our team has five people:
I write the game's story, dialogues and events, model scenes, render them, and combine it all into working events.
Another person translates these posts and all text in the game.
Our designer edits the images and turns them into what you see in the game.
Our programmer works on the engine, keeps the server going, builds working versions of the updates, and provides technical support by fixing the bugs as they crop up.
We also have one more person who tests new builds, finds bugs in the old versions, and talks to the players in social media and reddit.

As you might have noticed, the number of our supporters on patreon has been going down in the last months and at this point it has reached a critical level. The money have dried down to the point where not only we earn less than we could if we worked in our respective fields, at this point we can barely pay our rent. And thanks to the war, some of us had to migrate to other countries, which increased our expenses, further exacerbating the problem.
So the question is what do we do now? We all have the bills to pay, we need an income. No one wants to abandon the project, especially after all the effort we've put in it.
The last couple of months we've been working on releasing the game on steam. We're pretty close and if the things go well we should release Glamour in steam this month. Once the game is bought, the future updates of the steam version will be free. That being said, the updates in the steam version will be behind the patreon version.
We don't want to leave patreon and this step is something we have to do to keep the game afloat. If the steam release is successful, we can worry about balancing both platforms in the future.
If the financial situation doesn't improve, we will have no choice but to seek other employments to stay alive.

We're still working on 0.58, but the progress is understandably slower than usual. Most of the images are already rendered, and we're planning to release it before the end of the month.
If the steam release is successful, then we'll be able to keep working on the game and maybe even increase our productivity. If not, the project will have to be frozen.

P.S.: Personally, now that I got to work on my passion project, I would rather not go back to an office job. That being said, I can't keep working on Glamour all by myself, it's far too much work. The project has been designed around a team from the ground up, it's not something that can be done by one person.
So, plan B. If Glamour stops being profitable enough to support our team, I'll work solo on something new. I have some ideas and might show it to you if Glamour meets its untimely demise. The graphical style, setting, gameplay, and many other aspects of the new project will be drastically different from Glamour.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
Hunter is nothing without his prey, BB is nothing about Eric. No Eric, no story. Simple as that.
actually this was not bb game, neither glamour, just some weirdo mutant which managed to upset fans of both games

all cuz the harem crybabies didnt want eric,thats why the game is abandoned
or maybe because this scum milker cheated everyone

Last edited:
Reactions: shinseiryu78

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
Progress report

This post has been a long time coming. It's probably one of, if not the most important post in the history of this project.
Our team has five people:
I write the game's story, dialogues and events, model scenes, render them, and combine it all into working events.
Another person translates these posts and all text in the game.
Our designer edits the images and turns them into what you see in the game.
Our programmer works on the engine, keeps the server going, builds working versions of the updates, and provides technical support by fixing the bugs as they crop up.
We also have one more person who tests new builds, finds bugs in the old versions, and talks to the players in social media and reddit.

As you might have noticed, the number of our supporters on patreon has been going down in the last months and at this point it has reached a critical level. The money have dried down to the point where not only we earn less than we could if we worked in our respective fields, at this point we can barely pay our rent. And thanks to the war, some of us had to migrate to other countries, which increased our expenses, further exacerbating the problem.
So the question is what do we do now? We all have the bills to pay, we need an income. No one wants to abandon the project, especially after all the effort we've put in it.
The last couple of months we've been working on releasing the game on steam. We're pretty close and if the things go well we should release Glamour in steam this month. Once the game is bought, the future updates of the steam version will be free. That being said, the updates in the steam version will be behind the patreon version.
We don't want to leave patreon and this step is something we have to do to keep the game afloat. If the steam release is successful, we can worry about balancing both platforms in the future.
If the financial situation doesn't improve, we will have no choice but to seek other employments to stay alive.

We're still working on 0.58, but the progress is understandably slower than usual. Most of the images are already rendered, and we're planning to release it before the end of the month.
If the steam release is successful, then we'll be able to keep working on the game and maybe even increase our productivity. If not, the project will have to be frozen.

P.S.: Personally, now that I got to work on my passion project, I would rather not go back to an office job. That being said, I can't keep working on Glamour all by myself, it's far too much work. The project has been designed around a team from the ground up, it's not something that can be done by one person.
So, plan B. If Glamour stops being profitable enough to support our team, I'll work solo on something new. I have some ideas and might show it to you if Glamour meets its untimely demise. The graphical style, setting, gameplay, and many other aspects of the new project will be drastically different from Glamour.
This is most shameful post ever posted on patreon. summary of ds immorality and dishonesty:
"i did a lot of bullshits that alienated my subscribers. i first screwed bb subscribers and abandoned game, than i lost kate fans and turn bb part of glamour into crap (and screwed bb fans again). now i'm surprised that being serial cheater and dropping quality of my work, caused subscribers canceling support. how they dare to do this. it was such a nice life for me and my 4 freeloaders before that. now, if you don't give us enough money that 5 of us don't have to work real life jobs we will abandon it. again. then i ditch my team and make solo project which you have to support because i really don't want to work like most of you. and of course you have to belive me this time i'll finish game. i swear on my honor. god bless you idiots...sorry i meant patrons"
:poop::poop::poop:

Last edited:

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
the same people who abandoned the project,cleary the customers didnt knwo what they wanted
Considering this game was the single longest lasting game DS has had prior to abandonment (3/3 abandoned projects), you're not making the point you think you are.

As soon as there was an option presented for people to get rid of Eric in BB, they voted for it. Despite lots of Eric related content left unfinished, pretty much nobody wanted it done. Which suited DS to the ground, since he left so much unfinished at various stages of the game, to the point that there was only one real way for people to "finish" the game. Again, he wasn't wanted in Glamour, and that was the people who not only paid money, but were the ones who kept voting in favour of Max related content in Glamour - The highest tier of patrons and were also the most dedicated of patrons.

Eric didn't work in BB, because of DS himself. He poisoned the majority of the game's patrons and non-patron fans against Eric with his own incompetence.
Eric pissed off more patrons than any that wanted him in the game, and people remembered the stupidity that was the effects Eric had in the game because DS fucked up just that badly with him, and they knew well enough that DS would likely screw up the same way again.

Reactions: shinseiryu78
2.60 star(s) 184 Votes