silenceifu

Nov 11, 2017
for some reason i can't seem to be able to save.. it just wont create a save file

i've tried deleting everything sandlust related in the appdata folder and game files and download again..
it just wont save

anyone have a solution for this? does the game actually have to be in c: to be able to save?

thanks

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Poor Glamour fans. They've basically funded the DRM for BB.
I do kind of feel for anyone that joined his Patreon just for Glamour. And I feel for DS because Glamour is clearly the game they wanted to make. And really, what they should do is make Glamour the game they wanted with the sole female protagonist. But they obviously have decided they need to continue BB, possibly for financial reasons. They should make that it's own game as well. Then either alternate releases, or have separate Patreon pages for them that charge for each release or something. I don't think people are going to be as happy with the Glamour/BB hybrid where BB is also split between the incest and NTR-ish routes. Even if each individual aspect is pulled off flawlessly, you're probably going to have three different fan-bases waiting for it to be their turn. As a fan of the non-Eric incest route in BB, I have no immediate desire to do anything involving Eric, even if he's not as awful for the incest story as he was before. And I'm not interested in Glamour either. Maybe there are people out there that are interested in two or all three of those at the same time and in equal measure though.

Epicuren

May 10, 2017
I think so too. This is way too much workload and when he and his team realize that they can not stem it, they will abandon the game or parts of it once more. And all because of the whining when BB is coming back and why Max is in Military camp, I guess. -.-
That's not the reason. The reason is that he can't seem to ignore those people and write the game HE wants. He seems to want to try to make EVERYBODY happy, which is actually just making everybody unhappy.

Reactions: tempp

JohnSmith_XYZ

Jun 2, 2017
I'm sure if I read through all the 185 pages before this I would find the answer, but I'm too lazy, so I'm just gonna quickly ask it:

Didn't Dark Silver stop the development of Big Brother because Patreon didn't like the incest content? If so then why does he want to start all that over? I fear that he's gonna get into trouble again.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
I'm sure if I read through all the 185 pages before this I would find the answer, but I'm too lazy, so I'm just gonna quickly ask it:

Didn't Dark Silver stop the development of Big Brother because Patreon didn't like the incest content? If so then why does he want to start all that over? I fear that he's gonna get into trouble again.
Well there will be no incest this time.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
That's not the reason. The reason is that he can't seem to ignore those people and write the game HE wants. He seems to want to try to make EVERYBODY happy, which is actually just making everybody unhappy.
But when he writes the game he wants:
  1. His income plummets
  2. The game is a piece of junk because of technical issues
    1. Hate of piracy leads to always-online DRM
    2. Poor implementation of said networking
    3. Poor implementation of a web browser using Unity
Which leads to the offline version that people really want, and bringing back the BB cast/story.

He's kind of like Stephen King, in the sense that he REALLY needs a good editor to keep him from making garbage.

Reactions: DJsona

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Absolutely no one is making DS change anything. He voluntarily changes stuff because if he doesn't he loses patrons, and it's no secret his income from Patreon is nowhere near what it used to be. He could certainly make the game he wants, and was probably the closest to doing it with Glamour. The problem is that what he wants and his patrons want don't seem to align all that well. Or rather, they're aligning too well now because people that didn't like Glamour and where it was heading all left. So DS made another decision that he's going to change things to try to make a game that will attract more patrons. I'm not a developer, but if I was I would probably start by trying to make the game I want. But if the money led me elsewhere, I'd probably follow it there, especially if the difference was big, and even if it led me into stuff that wasn't within my interests of even squicked me out.

I've heard that the game won't have incest in it, although I sincerely hope that there is a patch for it or something. I could see DS refusing to do it himself though. He might think adding the characters back in would be enough without explicitly making them family. For me, the entire fun of the incest kink is when the relationship is especially mentioned, and especially the taboo-ness of it.

Reactions: Krayt
2.60 star(s) 183 Votes