Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
What should I do at this stage?
Talk to Julia about virginity, go to the school corridor to trigger talk with Oscar, tell Zoe you had a chat with him, take special pill after 23:00 when going to sleep.

Source:

Chudani

Sep 13, 2017
So, recently I reinstall my windows. And since I was playing offline version of the game, I thought I will just copy the save files from sandlustgame folder which is located in C drive and then paste them at the same place after reinstalling windows. I mean this method worked for every other game I played including some Unity game. But I guess DS had some other idea. Because my save game files didn't work after reinstalling the OS. So If you don't want to start the grindfest of a game from the beginning then make sure not to reinstall your windows until the game is finished. Which who knows how many years it will take!

john_jones21

Jun 24, 2017
I mean this method worked for every other game I played including some Unity game. But I guess DS had some other idea. Because my save game files didn't work after reinstalling the OS.
The saves are encrypted to the individual PC so an OS installation counts as a new one. Why? I guess he doesn't want people hacking the format and then realising how little content there is in each release without the grind.

In the online version the saves are kept safe and sound on his server.

Reactions: Chudani

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Jul 20 at 7:46am
Bugfixing and roadmap

We finally got around hunting down obscure and rare bugs. If you know about a bug and can reliably recreate it, please let us know about it.
We already fixed a number of bugs that could create problems completing the game. For example, there was a rare bug during a dialog between Ann and Kira while playing as Kate, which was freezing the game. There were missing clothes on Veronica during a dialog in the pole room. We removed traces of Alex (previous male protagonist), etc.
Now if a sprite is missing the game will display an image with a question mark. The game won't crash or freeze anymore. Please tell us if you see something like that.
We started working on the roadmap for 0.17-0.18. Although I guess it doesn't really look like a roadmap since it doesn't have any dates, so... Project board? This time some tasks are complicated and have subtasks so you have easier time keeping track on our progress. For example, some events have the list of different images we're working on. Some tasks have "will be expanded later" tag because we haven't started working on them yet. We'll add more information later.
Most tasks have multiple tags like images, events, dialogs or code. Hopefully, they are self explanatory. Once we're done with some part of the task, we're going to remove the tags from the task so you can see how much work we still have to do to finish it. Once the task is done, it's going to be moved in the finished category and will have no tags left.

If you find any bugs, please send them to our e-mail address darksilverpool@gmail.com, it will be more efficient than sending them through personal messages on Patreon.

Reactions: JasonJemodah

ToxicLemming

Jul 5, 2017

It's time to tell you about our future plans, and this time we'll be talking about both 0.17 and 0.18. Both of these updates will have the same focus. College. There's no way we'll be able to do everything in a single month. We'll show you our roadmap in the next couple of days. It will have all our plans for 0.17-0.18 and only time will tell how much of it we'll be able to implement. Unfortunately, we can't correctly predict how much time every feature will cost us, but we'll do our best.
Right now college is more of a placeholder than a worthwhile gameplay mechanic. Kate is forced to spend a lot of time on it, but there isn't much interesting content once you're done with college-related storylines. It's time we change that.

Most of our next two updates will be all about college rules. Let's use "punishment in the principal's office" as an example.
  • First, there's a conversation with Nicolas about the new rule.
  • Next, Kate needs to talk to everyone on the college committee and learn how they feel about it. If they don't support it, Kate will have to find a way to change their minds.
  • Every committee member will have their own ways to persuade them. Veronica already has one, Kate can win her vote in strip poker. Zoe will vote the right way if Kate agrees to test experimental pills. There might be side effects, more on that later. Adam is already hooked with Kate's selfies and the game needs more content in this direction. Karen will automatically support most initiatives from the get go. At this point Maya's vote doesn't matter as long as she doesn't veto the whole thing. We have grand plans for Maya, but we won't be able to do everything in just two updates, so we'll probably have to shelve her for now.
  • Any new rules need reaction from the students. Kate will be able to learn all about that by talking to them.
  • And last, but not least, is the implementation of the new rule. All kinds of events here. Kate, along with all other students, will need to be punished if she makes mistakes. And if Kate refuses, there will be serious consequences.

And that's just one new rule. We plan on adding way more than just one. Here are some examples:
  • Checking the uniform. New uniform rules might have new underwear requirements some characters might find embarrassing.
  • Mandatory health checkups in the medical office. Several stages. Personal and group ones. Luckily, Kate is Zoe's assistant...
  • Punishments. In the principal's office, in the class, at home, with clothes and without them.

We also plan to add events not related to the committee:
  • Events in class, some of which might be about side effects.
  • Events between classes. Some random, some related to side effects.
  • PE class, locker room, and the shower. Some events will be related to the cheerleading squad.
  • Swimming lessons, if we have enough time for them.
  • Cheerleading squad, or, more specifically, try outs.

Each of these will take us a lot of time and will have many events.
As a nice bonus, most of these updates will also work with Max once he gets into college.
We also plan on spending more time on character stats and balance. Right now the game has a lot useless stats that don't really do much. We plan to improve this aspect of the game.
As you can see, we have big plans. Unfortunately, we can't see the future so we don't know how much time it's going to take us. We'll try to do as much as possible. 0.17 will be released in August and 0.18 in September. We'll try to release them before the 16th so none of our Patrons will go without an update for the entire month.

2.60 star(s) 183 Votes