Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
I did read it I was just wondering why where using the offline instead of the online one is all
Because the normal Online-only version is anti-consumer shite with a ridiculous DRM practice.
Have to have a Patreon account.
Have to log in with said account.
Saves are stored server-side, as opposed to locally on your machine... Not even EA are that bad ffs.

As it stands, the only (negative) difference between the normal Online-only and Offline versions, is that the Offline version does store saves locally, but are encrypted. The other, is that it's approximately two versions behind.
Those aside, it's better in every other way.

If you want to use the normal version, go ahead.
Download from Patreon and play away from the beginning (won't read Offline version saves and vice-versa), and don't forget to log in with your Patreon account too!

Reactions: groq

Excalibur

Jul 11, 2017
I am now on 0.17 and have played for a little over a week gametime and have yet to find anything new. How do you start any new events? Is there somwthing I am missing. I have completed all events through 0.16.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I am now on 0.17 and have played for a little over a week gametime and have yet to find anything new. How do you start any new events? Is there somwthing I am missing. I have completed all events through 0.16.
Have you tried popping to the principal's office and/or medical office and back again? That often triggers content.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
The game is a lot richer with text now. In BB you'd do the same action multiple times without any new dialog. Glamour has a lot more dialog in comparison.
They're basically the same when it comes to grinding and dialogue changes.
The biggest difference is that the later releases of BB dropped a lot of the grinding and had the dialogue change faster, and then completely dropping the actual grinding and just letting things proceed like the VN it really was.

Glamour however, has far more grinding overall. I've already explained that to you previously in this thread, the last time you tried to say that there was no grind in this game.

InfrequentFred

Feb 22, 2018
Has anyone encountered an issue where Nick simply stops showing up in game? I got to 11/15 night events which I guess also pushed me from level 4 to 5. Now, it's been over a week in-game and Nick is simply absent entirely. I can sometimes catch him with Julia if I come home from school right away, but other than that he is never there so I can't progress any farther.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
When people complain about Glamour being grindy, usually I find it's about this. It's either a bug, or more likely a flag hasn't been triggered (like "Sleeping until Morning"). I've got one save with the same problem, that didn't recover from a bug. A new save worked perfectly though.

But with 0.16 offline I think coming out later today, it might be worth holding off for a little, and restarting from a fresh save.

2.60 star(s) 184 Votes