Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Sorry for quoting an old post but I was searching around for the reason why the game was online. I read a few posts stating saves are stored online for the online version. Was any reason stated as to why the game is online and checking the player's PC constantly? It sounds like a strangely intrusive DRM solution reminding me somewhat of Denuvo.
I don't know why he decided to go with this method, but at a guess, it was solely to force people into becoming patrons in order to play, and utilise the basic function of being able to save their progress.
Going by the existence of Offline versions, which store saves locally on people's machines (like normal), I'd say that it turned enough people away from playing the game, before even announcing the BB remake portion of the game.

• Sad
Reactions: Yuri L

wpolo

Jul 20, 2017
I wasn't able to save manually with new version too. Autosaves worked tho and if that's the case for you i might have the help you need.

1. go to your LocalLow folder in appdata and move your Sandlust Games Ltd folder to a different location.
2. start game now, newgame let it create a new folder in your locallow
3. close game and copy/move your backup into the newly created locallow Sandlust Games Ltd folder - don't let it overwrite anything

After these steps i was able to load my old savefiles and make new ones.

#edit: kinda same solution as previously mentioned :D
tnx it worked

May 14, 2017
can someone help me pls? when starting the game, i just get a screen with "loading". i blocked access to internet as the description told
I never had a problem with loading till v0.20 and for me it was my Anti Virus that blocked it not my firewall, I use Bitdefender internet security and it says v.20 was a threat for some reason, I decided I will just add it to trusted and safe and try it and then it worked so maybe your Anti Virus has done the same and considered it a threat.

zephrates

May 12, 2017
I really want to like this game, I think the renders are as good as anything out there. Unfortunately, the game itself is just bad. I'm currently stuck in a loop where I need to find out where the cafe is to progress. I apparently need to just wait until Alice decides to tell me the location, if there are criteria to meet, I can't figure out what they are. All I can do is work at the hotel and hope something happens *once per day* or repeat old content.
I probably won't give up on this because the renders have so much potential, but the Dark Silver team really needs someone to teach them how to make a GAME, because they're clueless or sadistic.

emilMbo

Jun 20, 2018
Hi everybody,

when i extract the files with 7zip, I have a "cyclic redundancy check " data- error at Glamour_Data\StreamingAssets\villa-lounge\sofa-kira-sleep-2-1157x0\

Am I the unique guy with that issue?

Thanks for the game.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Hi everybody,

when i extract the files with 7zip, I have a "cyclic redundancy check " data- error at Glamour_Data\StreamingAssets\villa-lounge\sofa-kira-sleep-2-1157x0\

Am I the unique guy with that issue?

Thanks for the game.
You're probably going to have to re-download it.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I wasn't able to save manually with new version too. Autosaves worked tho and if that's the case for you i might have the help you need.

1. go to your LocalLow folder in appdata and move your Sandlust Games Ltd folder to a different location.
2. start game now, newgame let it create a new folder in your locallow
3. close game and copy/move your backup into the newly created locallow Sandlust Games Ltd folder - don't let it overwrite anything

After these steps i was able to load my old savefiles and make new ones.

#edit: kinda same solution as previously mentioned :D
Sadly that does not work at all.

Cannot save in any way. Autosave doesn't work.
Manual save doesn't work.

If i have a Sandlust games folder it doesn't even give me a slot to save.
If I delete the sandlust games folder, it gives the option and I can name the save, but hitting the button does nothing. the save folder remains empty and if go to load, there is nothing.

I tried by not blocking it from going online and the only difference was a grey/black/blank bar at the bottom of the screen.

I'm now going nuclear.
Re-downloading it.
Redoing all the saves
Cleaned the registry for any hint of Sandlust

1577564628574.png

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
None of that works, that's my point.

Problem solved:
renamed "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandlust Games Ltd"
to "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandlust Games Ltd1"

start new game
cool, cool, cool, cool

save
copy all saves except slot0 from old folder to new folder
fail... will not save.
will not auto save
will not manual save.

gah, it's frustrating.

Worst case i could live with the regrind and restart.
But with it not saving in any way.. it's kinda pointless, unless I want to leave the game running forever.
I don't know why he has to be a dick with encrypted saves etc.
The only think "special" is I've skipped v19 because I don't give a toss about the Max content.

Last edited:

despelote

May 26, 2017
None of that works, that's my point.
you can only copy the saves and not everything below the glamor folder.
saves: "%userprofile%\appdata\locallow\Sandlust Games Ltd\glamour\saves"
> your id > Folder kate or max

if everything is copied, it does not work

edit: path

Last edited:

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
you can only copy the saves and not everything below the glamor folder.
saves: "%appdata%\..\LocalLow\Sandlust Games Ltd\glamor\saves\kate\"
or max

if everything is copied, it does not work
I know people are trying to help and I really do appreciate it..... I also want to swear at them so bad too.

I don't know how much clearer I can make it i will not fucking save, in any way form shape or size... copying the correct files etc does jack shit when the is no initial save created for it to recognize.

xcopy my frustration is in no way aimed at you.

C:\Users\Naxos\AppData\LocalLow\Sandlust Games Ltd --- deleted.
Start a new game.
Try save, but fail.
New
C:\Users\Naxos\AppData\LocalLow\Sandlust Games Ltd

Saves copied from
c:\Glamour Backup\Sand Glamour\glamour\saves\9264191c-2115-4598-bafb-eb261d9d9b1b\kate
to
C:\Users\Naxos\AppData\LocalLow\Sandlust Games Ltd\glamour\saves\a6e0adad-ae6c-41fb-ad78-96fbe4f40ac5\kate
Only saved games copied.. Nothing else
... launch... and start a new game.

fuck it , I'll skip another month or so and wait for 21.

Edit, fixed typo

Last edited:
Reactions: Ubu71 and WizD
2.60 star(s) 184 Votes