Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Can anyone tell me if this version is also borked or has DS actually fixed it?
chriskris, that was the original model DS used where a patreon login was needed for verification. Except it was reported as being super laggy release after release. Silver eventually listened and decided to ficus entirely on the new Offline only client.
I think Silver originally considered it but he ultimately discarded it in favour of being able to focus on a single client system.

The new engine is a weird Electron/Chromium mashup IIRC.
most things seem to work if you can copy your saves across.

Only picked up 2 issues.

when I open the wardobe i get totally blank screen and have to quit and restart so it's game breaker. It didn't happen first time I went into the wardrobe but only later.

Second is a scene with Karen keeps repeating for me after every lesson, regardless of if she's teaching or not.

Otherwise buying the butt plug worked, so does the grocery store.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Game full of missing images, can't select character now.
Okay, seems like I had to close the game and reload before the images popped.
Weird.

Welp, stuck in minimal window size. Time to figure out how that was defeated last build again.
I can stretch it out using the "Maximise" button but I'd rather have have to do that every time I want to play.

Silver can continue the march forward if he likes but doing away with the Display settings completely was not a good move.
Probably couldn't figure out how to port it to Electron but honestly...

Reactions: Potoum

vader667

Feb 29, 2020
"
Glamour tries to download files after the start make sure you disconnect from the internet or block it via firewall!

Saves are encrypted and won't work if shared, so please do not ask for save files!
"

-- is that still a thing? and why in the first place..? :(

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
"
Glamour tries to download files after the start make sure you disconnect from the internet or block it via firewall!

Saves are encrypted and won't work if shared, so please do not ask for save files!
"

-- is that still a thing? and why in the first place..? :(
If you're referring to its need to download additional files, it's not a thing anymore.
Glamour now comes as a standalone pack only. No need for it to download additional files now.
The only reason for that in the first place was keep the download size manageable.
I think the save file encryption is still a thing but uses a different kind of encryption to how it was before.
For instance, where it used .sav before, now it uses .ldb iirc.

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
Amazing how long it took this dev to figure out piracy wasn't hurting his game and he was only hurting his paying customers by delaying the offline version.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Game full of missing images, can't select character now.
Okay, seems like I had to close the game and reload before the images popped.
Weird.

Welp, stuck in minimal window size. Time to figure out how that was defeated last build again.
I can stretch it out using the "Maximise" button but I'd rather have have to do that every time I want to play.

Silver can continue the march forward if he likes but doing away with the Display settings completely was not a good move.
Probably couldn't figure out how to port it to Electron but honestly...
Did you try F11 for full screen?

chriskris

Jul 18, 2017
Can anyone tell me if this version is also borked or has DS actually fixed it?
chriskris, that was the original model DS used where a patreon login was needed for verification. Except it was reported as being super laggy release after release. Silver eventually listened and decided to ficus entirely on the new Offline only client.
I think Silver originally considered it but he ultimately discarded it in favour of being able to focus on a single client system.

The new engine is a weird Electron/Chromium mashup IIRC.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I read some1 posted 6~7 hours ago. That V0.28 was rleased.
And 50min~1hour ago it was released here. So I though mabye for those who didn't donated needed to wait another day or so.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Does it means I can delete the whole folder in appdata 'Glamour'?
Since they added a Glamour Updater?
Not sure, haven't tried. I'd suggest renaming it first or something. Never know maybe next release he'll go back to that folder.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I think this became an issue with the previous update. Is it possible to play as Kate and not have sex with a man?

rachel12

Nov 18, 2018
Ver 0.28 Bug.

There's a gameplay bug that you may find frustrating. At any time during gameplay, when your changing locations, the game will send you backwards in play, losing character paths you just completed and money made. Example. You play a week ingame, advancing Sophie's and Max's story while earning $500. You then go from Max's house back to your own house. And noticed the $500 is gone. Next day you find out that your also back at the starting path of both Sophie and Max's Ver. 28 storyline. I've been through this a number of times. Thinking it was sleeping, saving or such. Keeping a close eye on the game, it happens randomly when switching between locations. So, going from living room to anywhere may set you back.

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
So is there any way to bring my v0.25 saves to v0.28? I tried copy the glamour folder to the glamour update folder but it didnt help, the game starts from beginning.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I think this became an issue with the previous update. Is it possible to play as Kate and not have sex with a man?
I believe it is, you won't be able to finish a quest, possibly two though.
I'm not sure if you can finish the massage quest without it but I think that will break some of the rest of the stuff. You will at least have to do a HJ and BJ though.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I believe it is, you won't be able to finish a quest, possibly two though.
I'm not sure if you can finish the massage quest without it but I think that will break some of the rest of the stuff. You will at least have to do a HJ and BJ though.
I'll pass.

2.60 star(s) 184 Votes