summerjo

May 9, 2017
Status update
As you might have noticed, every month we keep increasing the scope of our updates and they take more and more time. For example, 0.29 has about double the amount of code/text compared to an average update. When we used to release every update on the 5th of the month, we often had to cut parts of the content and add them later into the game. So we've moved away from a specific date, but didn't stop making updates bigger and bigger, which meant updates kept being released later and later into the month. Naturally, eventually we've ran out and we won't be able to release everything we've planned for 0.29 in August. But please don't get your pitchforks yet, we have a solution that you might find acceptable. The problem with us not meeting deadlines is us constantly making bigger and bigger plans. We don't work less on updates, we just release them less often. It might only be a couple of days less often per update, but those add up quickly on a 30 day schedule. Seems like a problem with a clear solution then, isn't it?
As you know, we've designed Glamour so it can easily update itself automatically (as long as you're logged in). The always online version sometimes lags since it requires constant connection with our server, so recently we've decided to try out the offline version. Thankfully, you haven't ran away and keep supporting our work, which we really appreciate since we're all big fans of not starving to deaths. Now, we call it the offline version because it doesn't have DRM, but it still supports automatic updates. So, here's our proposition: instead of releasing one ever growing update per month with several series of events, maybe now we could start releasing those series of events independently, right after they're done. So the updates will become more frequent (but, of course, smaller) and you won't have to wait for updates as long. The total amount of content per month we produce will stay unchanged.
Currently, we'll be switching the protagonists after each update, so both Kate and Max will get some content every month. Patrons will get to vote on events we will be making before every update. So Patrons will get multiple updates per month, more polls and therefore more decision making, and you'll be more up to date on what exactly we're doing at any moment.
For now we'll stick with the 1:1 Kate/Max ratio since that was the last poll result, but we can adjust the ratio after another poll at a later date, the everlasting tug of war between different fans has nothing to do with the new update format.
Along with adding our usual new content, our programmer is working on adding cloud save support for our "offline" version. Still work in progress, but we hope to release it around 0.29. And, of course, as we've mentioned before, the images are converted into webp so the game will get several times lighter. The Android offline version should be released around 0.29 too.
Now we stalled long enough, it's time to talk specifically about 0.29 and it's completion status. These events are already done: meeting Kate when Alice invites her to the villa; buying her a maid uniform; a series of events with Kate cleaning in full uniform; a series of events where Kate isn't wearing panties; a series of events in the massage parlor. All this should be released tomorrow. Hopefully :) Then we will finish up the new events we won't spoil in the post, and then we'll be done with 0.29 and start working on shorter updates with a poll being a step one. Now just to be clear here, the new series of events is 83 images long and is a full update worth amount of content, so it's not just an afterthought. And since images already have been rendered, writing text/code/translation shouldn't take much time so don't worry about waiting another month until it's released. All the earlier stuff about cloud save sync and the Android client will be will be released alongside with the later part of the update, not tomorrow.
We also haven't updated the walkthrough in a while (like, two years) because we've added the questlog in the game. But it is just a text file that doesn't require any technical implementation into the game. It doesn't take much time to write and we'll try keeping it up to date after every update from now on. It takes next to no dev time but can help players if anyone gets completely stuck and the questlog doesn't help.
Let us know what you think about more frequent but smaller updates.

summerjo

May 9, 2017
Maybe I misunderstood this, but it sounds like 2 smaller updates a month compared to 1 bigger one for now on.

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Loading....Loading.... nothing happens :(

again a program that means it is allowed to call home without asking
Glamour tries to download files after the start
And how do we call that when a program call home and try to downlaod files without you knowing it ?

That THE main raison i won't touch this game, even with me wearing a Hazmat suit or in this case, a Hazprog suit. :)

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Now the question is, having used fsck Bugfix, will there be any issues using our saves with 0.29 ?
Hopefully not ( for 0.29 is about Max) .
I am more worried about 0.30 which should be about Kate.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
And how do we call that when a program call home and try to downlaod files without you knowing it ?

That THE main raison i won't touch this game, even with me wearing a Hazmat suit or in this case, a Hazprog suit. :)
The entirely offline client was made with this concern in mind, it's just that nobody with the appropriate level of authority has bothered to update the opening post.

Reactions: summerjo

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Try sunbathing when Julia is not home,
Also make sure that "Punishment" is set to "In class without panties"
Hard to do when Nick knocks on the door whenever Julia is not at home, then calls Julia to participate in basement games. I found the solution was to ignore the door until after sunbathing. Nick can wait.

Kronordil

Jul 9, 2018
Can anyone please explain to me what is he talking about with these events for 0.29? All those events he mentioned are already in the game. Or am I missing something here?

Also, a question about these smaller updates, will they still be available for download as a pack? Or is the updating the only way?

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Can anyone please explain to me what is he talking about with these events for 0.29? All those events he mentioned are already in the game. Or am I missing something here?

Also, a question about these smaller updates, will they still be available for download as a pack? Or is the updating the only way?
He is talking about Max's gameplay, These events "only" in Kate's gameplay at the moment

Reactions: Kronordil

chriskris

Jul 18, 2017
It may be me, but I have to say update 0.27 & 0.28 was kinda short. Or small updates.
So when he mentioned about it's getting bigger and bigger.

I didn't felt it the last 2 updates.
Sometimes having plans how to work on a project is nice.
But I think there should be a limit how much you should add in a month. Unless you know you can do it within the scheduled time.

Well, yea let's see how big the update will be tomorrow.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I'm beginning to sense Darksilver has lost the plot a bit on where to go next, if he's relying on polls for every little thing.

Deleted member 237822

Oct 8, 2017
Just wait until the end of the month to launch the game an you will get them all at once.
It may be me, but I have to say update 0.27 & 0.28 was kinda short. Or small updates.
So when he mentioned about it's getting bigger and bigger.
If you read it in context he seams to be saying that the coding and text is getting bigger not the actual content./images.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Maybe but I think he is also trying keep everyone as happy as possible and the only way he seems to know how is through poll guided content.
maybe but if the "one side" has slightly more people, then that will always win and only "one side" will be happy.

2.60 star(s) 183 Votes