Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Every time I run the game it asks me to extract all the files? I am obviously stupid and doing something wrong !
The game is in the archive. If you downloaded it and opened the archive and launched, then you will have this message. Do you like to use products in the package or remove the packaging first? Installation instruction in the topic header ...

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Thanks for this answer. It is only natural that a game of this complexity will result in certain bugs. I've experienced a few, but they were only of minor inconvenience. The "getting around" system is a bit more problematic, but not a deal breaker and I understand that you probably can't do much about it.

Unfortunately, the main reason I play lewd games is to get off (surprise-surprise) and this doesn't do it for me because the sexual encounters aren't written as immersive stories (like TiTS, CoC and Lab Rats) and without that, the graphics needs to do the trick. It doesn't.

You might think a great gameplay can compensate for that, but I can't jerk off to gameplay. It's the same with the story. It's fantastic, but I can't jerk off to it unless the sexual parts of it are getting me off too. A lot of girls - each with their own content and interesting stories - is also wonderful, but if I can't jerk off to one of them, it doesn't matter how many more there are.

This might sound overly negative, but what I'm actually telling you is that your game has an amazing potential. If you just got the graphics right, it would turn this game into a cult classic with great gameplay, compelling stories, interesting girls and a shitload of content. It's like changing your Ferrari's engine from that of a moped to ...well, an actual Ferrari engine. Everything changes.

If you're not sure if it is worth it, why not give a time estimate and ask your supporters if it is worth the delay? Or you could create a second project to make a separate graphics patch, possibly run by an artist with experience in it. This would also mean free publicity for both of you.
The kind of game you are describing in your reply is basically the VN genre with nice graphics. There are already hundreds of patreon H VN games here and I'm not really interested in working on that kind of game.

I understand you find the game kinda missing but this is just a matter of taste. If I changed some mechanics in the game to fit your taste, you can be 100% sure another player later will come asking to reverse the change because he preferred it before.

The main reason I started to work on H games was to create fun stuff to do in them and not just hold the CTRL key to skip until the H events or select 1 out of several choices, forcing to replay stuff already seen which I find kinda annoying. You said you can't jerk off gameplay and I can understand but for some people, the ability to really feel you control the girls like you do in Glassix by having them move around and ordering them around is helping. It might be a minority but I don't really mind. As long as some players enjoy my games and I can earn enough with it to make a decent living, I'll stick with my current pace.

I'm aware the graphics are lacking too. I'm using a 3 or 4 years old Illusion studio for the game so it's indeed outdated. I've been working on Glassix for 2 years and a half now, so no wonder it came to that. Just a question though, are you playing with the HD pack ? By default, the zip contains optimized images which have a smaller size but a big loss of quality.

I have no intention to switch to a new studio to improve the graphics, way too much work. And I'm starting to work with full 3D for my next game now anyway so I'd like to complete Glassix properly and focus on 3D. Again, I'll focus on gameplay there rather than perfect animations or story.

I had a date with Saiko at the museum but the date is not properly ending, i have the entire date and when it's time to leave it just abruptly switches to the normal state of the game and the mc says he forgot the date.
Are you able to reproduce this bug each time you go on a date at the museum? Doyou have a save file by any chance?

There are event indicator stars popping up on any girl who has had slave mode used, which gets a bit annoying because I'm at the point where I've played the game long enough to instinctively go straight for any star I see as long as there is no hint missing. Is there even a reason they have the star coming up? I don't see any new content that it could possibly indicate no matter what I do to them.
It's explained in the patch note but not in game, indeed. I'll have to make it clear in game since it's quite important.
When you enable slave mode, ALL obedience, affection, privacy and obedience level requirements are automatically fulfilled for the girl. Slave mode is meant to be an end game spell and to basically get rid of the grind. Once you activate it on a girl, you can trigger all her events right away. I'll unlock the hints automatically if it's not unlocked yet when you trigger the related event.

Found something interesting with slave mode, if you have a girl in slave mode you can seem to be able to trigger her obedience events regardless of her obedience level, additionally if an event option requires that another girl has already reached a certain level you can still trigger it even if she hasn't, aka First meeting with Shizuru and the cellphone options from progressing Okimi. Im sure this is unintentional but it is a nice bug, stumbled on it when i accidentally triggered Hanae level 2 even when she had 13 obedience. It also works the other way, such as having an obedience level 4 Aiko and triggering her kitchen scene that normally requires level 0 or 1

Also, just noticed you can trigger obedience events out of order
Yep, just as said above, it's normal. Slave mode is intended to remove the grind and make the game easy in the end :)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The kind of game you are describing in your reply is basically the VN genre with nice graphics. There are already hundreds of patreon H VN games here and I'm not really interested in working on that kind of game.

I understand you find the game kinda missing but this is just a matter of taste. If I changed some mechanics in the game to fit your taste, you can be 100% sure another player later will come asking to reverse the change because he preferred it before.

The main reason I started to work on H games was to create fun stuff to do in them and not just hold the CTRL key to skip until the H events or select 1 out of several choices, forcing to replay stuff already seen which I find kinda annoying. You said you can't jerk off gameplay and I can understand but for some people, the ability to really feel you control the girls like you do in Glassix by having them move around and ordering them around is helping. It might be a minority but I don't really mind. As long as some players enjoy my games and I can earn enough with it to make a decent living, I'll stick with my current pace.

I'm aware the graphics are lacking too. I'm using a 3 or 4 years old Illusion studio for the game so it's indeed outdated. I've been working on Glassix for 2 years and a half now, so no wonder it came to that. Just a question though, are you playing with the HD pack ? By default, the zip contains optimized images which have a smaller size but a big loss of quality.

I have no intention to switch to a new studio to improve the graphics, way too much work. And I'm starting to work with full 3D for my next game now anyway so I'd like to complete Glassix properly and focus on 3D. Again, I'll focus on gameplay there rather than perfect animations or story.

Are you able to reproduce this bug each time you go on a date at the museum? Doyou have a save file by any chance?

It's explained in the patch note but not in game, indeed. I'll have to make it clear in game since it's quite important.
When you enable slave mode, ALL obedience, affection, privacy and obedience level requirements are automatically fulfilled for the girl. Slave mode is meant to be an end game spell and to basically get rid of the grind. Once you activate it on a girl, you can trigger all her events right away. I'll unlock the hints automatically if it's not unlocked yet when you trigger the related event.

Yep, just as said above, it's normal. Slave mode is intended to remove the grind and make the game easy in the end :)
Unlocking the hints would be a big improvement. As for the stars, I can see how it makes sense for them to have it when there are events still left to trigger, but they appear on ALL slave mode girls even if there are no events left not triggered, so it just doesn't make sense on completed girls. We're talking early game girls like Kana and Aiko or the other students in your class, all of which can be completed long before you get the chance to even touch slave mode.

Jan 14, 2018
@Daedolon: Good points. I hope you don't get me wrong though. I love the game. My immersion comment wasn't meant as a critique, but to make a point about the need for good graphics since the gameplay style doesn't promote imagination. If you're busy seeing stuff, clicking, deciding, navigating etc. then you're just not busy imagining shit. Of course, this is only for me. If you're not playing - at least partly - to jerk off, or if you get off to playing the character, it's different.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
anyone know why it's like this ?
my text disappear
It is more likely that you have an incorrectly installed game, or problems with the computer. With the correct installation, everything works. Also check which language is selected by default.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Hi, why after a date i lose all gained affection?
Thanks
Which version are you playing and when do you lose the affection exactly?

Unlocking the hints would be a big improvement. As for the stars, I can see how it makes sense for them to have it when there are events still left to trigger, but they appear on ALL slave mode girls even if there are no events left not triggered, so it just doesn't make sense on completed girls. We're talking early game girls like Kana and Aiko or the other students in your class, all of which can be completed long before you get the chance to even touch slave mode.
Oh yeah, good point! I forgot to add the event already done check on the map, that's why they still appear in slave mode. I'll solve that in 0.29. Thanks!

View attachment 150158 anyone know why it's like this ?
my text disappear
No idea, sorry. Most likely a corrupt installation indeed.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Which version are you playing and when do you lose the affection exactly?

Oh yeah, good point! I forgot to add the event already done check on the map, that's why they still appear in slave mode. I'll solve that in 0.29. Thanks!

No idea, sorry. Most likely a corrupt installation indeed.
No problem

Bakkis15

Donor
Jan 27, 2018
How does the date system work? I plan a date, meet up at the time it says in the dateplanner; no response. I then make her follow me to the place we agreed upon and the date sequence triggers. But, after the date I get the message that I have forgotten the date. Please explain how to do this.

Reactions: Chiewii95

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
How does the date system work? I plan a date, meet up at the time it says in the dateplanner; no response. I then make her follow me to the place we agreed upon and the date sequence triggers. But, after the date I get the message that I have forgotten the date. Please explain how to do this.
A date can only be set for Saturday or Sunday. A date can be assigned on any day (on weekdays - for the weekend). At the same time on Saturday, you can appoint a date only on Sunday or next weekend. Sunday only next weekend.
Terms of appointment are clearly spelled out. The time during which you need to pick up a girl and the time when you need to enter the designated place. If you do not have time and come later(or earlier), it will not be considered a date. This will be a simple mode of "follow me"
When you enter the specified place at the correct time, the dating mode is activated. If you came and everything looks the same as the usual , then you did not come in time. For example, if it is written to enter before 21 and you entered 20.40 and nothing worked, try to enter at 20.59 - 21.00
The only thing that can work incorrectly is the language.(in version 0.28)
On some dates, another language may be displayed instead of the selected one.

Bakkis15

Donor
Jan 27, 2018
A date can only be set for Saturday or Sunday. A date can be assigned on any day (on weekdays - for the weekend). At the same time on Saturday, you can appoint a date only on Sunday or next weekend. Sunday only next weekend.
Terms of appointment are clearly spelled out. The time during which you need to pick up a girl and the time when you need to enter the designated place. If you do not have time and come later(or earlier), it will not be considered a date. This will be a simple mode of "follow me"
When you enter the specified place at the correct time, the dating mode is activated. If you came and everything looks the same as the usual , then you did not come in time. For example, if it is written to enter before 21 and you entered 20.40 and nothing worked, try to enter at 20.59 - 21.00
The only thing that can work incorrectly is the language.(in version 0.28)
On some dates, another language may be displayed instead of the selected one.
Well. It's saturday. The date is for the morning. It says I shall pick her up between 8 and 9. I arrive at 8.37. Nothing happens. I Go to the museum at 10 to see if she is there. No. So something is not right. I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Well. It's saturday. The date is for the morning. It says I shall pick her up between 8 and 9. I arrive at 8.37. Nothing happens. I Go to the museum at 10 to see if she is there. No. So something is not right. I can't see what I'm doing wrong.
all right, take the girl up to 9 - "follow me" - Go to the museum - up to 10. a date begins at the moment of arrival at the specified place in the museum. (not at the moment from 8 to 9)

Bakkis15

Donor
Jan 27, 2018
all right, take the girl up to 9 - "follow me" - Go to the museum - up to 10. a date begins at the moment of arrival at the specified place in the museum. (not at the moment from 8 to 9)
Have done that. Seemingly the date starts. We do the things she likes, have a meal, talk. But when the date is over I get the message that I have missed the date.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Have done that. Seemingly the date starts. We do the things she likes, have a meal, talk. But when the date is over I get the message that I have missed the date.
It can be if at the same time a date with another girl was scheduled. Or you did not have time for the next date. It can also be a bug.
At the conclusion of a meeting, do attachment parameters increase?

Bakkis15

Donor
Jan 27, 2018
It can be if at the same time a date with another girl was scheduled. Or you did not have time for the next date. It can also be a bug.
At the conclusion of a meeting, do attachment parameters increase?
No other date and no increasing attachment. So I'm leaning towards a bug.

Bakkis15

Donor
Jan 27, 2018
When I take someone out on a date and pick them up I ask if they are ready to go and they answer to that question, nothing like that here. Also when the date is over it's usually with some kind of goodbye, a kiss or a hug.

dchimera

Jul 16, 2017
Short Question: Could not find the answer in Walktrough: Warn Lily(Demon Girl) or not?
Since the option shows up every time you enter the shrine even after you say no, I just went with Warn Lily. It was getting annoying.

Is there any content for Fujiko? The walkthrough indicates all sorts of stuff, but I can't get her past Obediance 0. There's no hint about her event. Oh wait the walkthrough says her status is "non playable yet". Guess that means no.

3.50 star(s) 65 Votes