4.10 star(s) 38 Votes

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
I was checking what game was installed on my pc and clearing space if there is no news of credible updates and guess what....

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
There was a new news Post by MrStarRaccoon today on his Patreon

Hello, everyone.

First of all, I want to apologize to my audience for the delay in updating the novella.

I was supposed to finish it back in February, but as you know, that damn war started in my country. I will definitely finish this update, but only after we have won!

Right now I have more important things to do.

I just want to say that our people will never be defeated. We're always ready to help anyone in need. The truth is behind us! We defend our people, our families, our country, our independence!

I want to share with you a little bit about what I'm doing at the moment.

I' ve always been honest with you and told you everything as it is. So, now I am studying a new activity and I like it. Maybe I can get ahead and become a good motion desiner. I have almost finished the course, and soon I' ll try my hand at freelancing.
I need a job to help our people. Some of the money I earn will be sent to various foundations that need it. Right now I don't have a job and a steady income. And I am always grateful to everyone who has supported my project here. Your donations I also transferred to charity.

I have some savings left over for personal expenses, but I would feel terrible if I spent it on myself instead of transferring it for those who need it.

So I want to tell you that whatever you donate here, I will transfer to the needs of our people. It could be anything... cars to transport people from cities that have suffered or been destroyed, for humanitarian aid, for volunteers...
I don't want you to think that I' m begging you for any kind of help. All of this will only be of your own free will. If you are able to donate $1, $5, $10, it would be my pleasure)

I' ll also leave a donation link in my discord channel.

Thank you so much to everyone who's been with me all these years. Even though my novella wasn't for a large audience, I'm still pleased that someone shared my tastes :)

I'll be back ;)

Take care of yourself and your loved ones. Nothing is more important than your family and your homeland. Remember it!

Glory to Ukraine

With love, MrStarRaccoon!

alpha1weak

Nov 4, 2021
I played this game before and i saw this again right now while searching what to play, and i ddnt know it was on hold..

So di they won the war? Or no news since last?

• Haha
Reactions: OdinValgallovih

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
This is bull, too many Devs do this, puts the game on hold and holds it there for over a year, the blame it on the war, or, aunt died, uncle, grandmother or whatever reason they can find, get over it, life goes on :(

NyVar

May 23, 2020
This is bull, too many Devs do this, puts the game on hold and holds it there for over a year, the blame it on the war, or, aunt died, uncle, grandmother or whatever reason they can find, get over it, life goes on :(
I hate to agree on matters like this, but cannot deny there are a lot of dev's exploiting this and ending their work with the same reasons (And not pausing payments). There are of course exceptions, but the probability of it is way off. I'd wager most are scam artists.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
If the energy crisis comes in the winter, this is likely to affect game devs in europe. The Russian invasion to Ukraine has affected Russia and Ukraine Devs so far(mostly)

But you guys are certainly right that there are lazy devs who just want milking patreons, the most famous is ICSTOR I guess.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
If the energy crisis comes in the winter, this is likely to affect game devs in europe. The Russian invasion to Ukraine has affected Russia and Ukraine Devs so far(mostly)

But you guys are certainly right that there are lazy devs who just want milking patreons, the most famous is ICSTOR I guess.
I do think it sucks, but I don't think the term milking is fair. Patrons (or any other financial supporters) essentially make their choice. If they STILL choose a Dev/VN that is abandoned/on hold/taking a long time to be made... then that is on them as much as it's on the DEV. I have continued to support some and stopped supporting others. I take each situation differently and see how things playout. And generally evaluate each month on a month for month basis.
Also, on a site such as this, I don't think it's fair to be harping on those who still support them. Again, it's their choice.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Also, on a site such as this, I don't think it's fair to be harping on those who still support them.
Yarr!!! we are pirates and we condemn all! 1662034535805.gif

You do have some good points though.
But in the case of ICSTOR it just pisses me off when he had at best 7k patreons and only delivered 400 renders after 1.5 years of waiting and of course everyone can support him if they want fine by me but I was just thinking of these other devs who have very few patreons.

I try to support devs who have only few patreons(+game which I like) and that was the reason why I supported MrStarRaccoon on patreon.

Jun 30, 2021
As an outside observer I would like to say that now is a good time for the developer to get back to his work. This horrible military conflict has moved into the stage of protracted fighting without much progress on the front lines, if the developer has not been evacuated/injured then now is the chance to continue his work - developing this wonderful game. No one would want to live in a state of constant war but it seems to me a bad thing to abandon work that brought you joy and revealed your natural talent.

4.10 star(s) 38 Votes