Sir Sam

Jan 18, 2021
I like developing combat. I understand that some people may not like it, or that it feels barebone at this point. I should definitely make it a bit quicker
the major problem is definetly the speed of the battle. every turn takes ages since you need to manage everyone and see the status of all the enemies as well. tile movement is limited for most characters so you need to waste a few turns just to get in range of your opponents, and some battles have so many waves that a battle may end up taking 20-30 mins. adding combat is nice way to spice up gameplay, but you don't want it to end up artificially inflating playtime. the writing is not bad at all in this, but it'd be a shame if players don't stick around long enough to get through it because of how slow combat is. that being said. this is still a solid game and I hope the dev sees this as constructive and not just mindless complaining.

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
the major problem is definetly the speed of the battle. every turn takes ages since you need to manage everyone and see the status of all the enemies as well. tile movement is limited for most characters so you need to waste a few turns just to get in range of your opponents, and some battles have so many waves that a battle may end up taking 20-30 mins. adding combat is nice way to spice up gameplay, but you don't want it to end up artificially inflating playtime. the writing is not bad at all in this, but it'd be a shame if players don't stick around long enough to get through it because of how slow combat is. that being said. this is still a solid game and I hope the dev sees this as constructive and not just mindless complaining.
You can speed up combat with the arrow next to the turn counter, maybe that'll help reducing combat fatigue, though an option to skip combat animations from the dev could help.

BTW SolidDoc, thanks for Valerie's option to train units it helps a lot.

Reactions: SolidDoc

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
0.182 uploaded for those having combat exceptions, i have patched some up, added more info for logs where i don't know what's happening

UnityPhoenix

Nov 26, 2022
Those crashing in "Damsel in distress" event, any tips on what was happening close to the crash? I know a place to put a band aid on, but the issue remains unsolved for now
all i can say is with my game i have all quest completed up to that point

Sir Sam

Jan 18, 2021
Those crashing in "Damsel in distress" event, any tips on what was happening close to the crash? I know a place to put a band aid on, but the issue remains unsolved for now
it seems to be happening right after ending the first turn

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
GodAmongKings-0.181
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

maholy dick

Jan 13, 2019
it is fixed now, if fyou redownload the game it'll be ver 0.182
nah its not fixed this is what happens after the first turn in damsel in distress

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 460, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause(delay)
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 984, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 994, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 998, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1021, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1022, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1046, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1047, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1056, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1058, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1059, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1060, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1060, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'weakvs'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "map.rpyc", line 229, in script call
  File "missions/ch1/chapter1_5.rpyc", line 2, in script call
  File "missions/ch1/chapter1_5.rpyc", line 60, in script call
  File "battlefield.rpyc", line 66, in script call
  File "battlefield.rpyc", line 374, in script call
  File "battlefield.rpyc", line 943, in script call
  File "battlefield.rpyc", line 575, in script call
  File "battlefield.rpyc", line 609, in script call
  File "battlefield.rpyc", line 644, in script
  File "C:\Users\ELudd\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa23104.29172\GodamongKings-0.181-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1968, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\ELudd\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa23104.29172\GodamongKings-0.181-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1950, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\ELudd\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa23104.29172\GodamongKings-0.181-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 349, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 460, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause(delay)
  File "C:\Users\ELudd\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa23104.29172\GodamongKings-0.181-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1661, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay, pause_modal=modal)
  File "C:\Users\ELudd\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa23104.29172\GodamongKings-0.181-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 301, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\ELudd\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa23104.29172\GodamongKings-0.181-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2165, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\ELudd\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa23104.29172\GodamongKings-0.181-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2687, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\ELudd\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa23104.29172\GodamongKings-0.181-pc\renpy\display\displayable.py", line 431, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\ELudd\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa23104.29172\GodamongKings-0.181-pc\renpy\display\displayable.py", line 431, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\ELudd\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa23104.29172\GodamongKings-0.181-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 480, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\ELudd\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa23104.29172\GodamongKings-0.181-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2687, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\ELudd\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa23104.29172\GodamongKings-0.181-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 491, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\ELudd\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa23104.29172\GodamongKings-0.181-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 994, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 998, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1021, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1022, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1046, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1047, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1056, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1058, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1059, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1060, in execute
  File "game/battlefield.rpy", line 1060, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'weakvs'

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
God among Kings 0.181
Wed May 22 21:20:57 2024

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
nah its not fixed this is what happens after the first turn in damsel in distress
I have a feeling that the issue is from improperly saved data. Would you mind sharing the save file from before the battle? I have run that map like five times already trying to get it

Korat789

Apr 23, 2021
This game is too hard, too many enemies, not intuitive system, seems after clicking your character and then unclicking you can't move it anymore in the round, heal shouldn't count as attack move, cause you lose turn after trying to heal your character, it should be extra move ( so you can attack and heal in same turn), idk what this game is about cause I can't even win first battle, I have 4 characters, enemy way more, and archers are annoying.

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
This game is too hard, too many enemies, not intuitive system, seems after clicking your character and then unclicking you can't move it anymore in the round, heal shouldn't count as attack move, cause you lose turn after trying to heal your character, it should be extra move ( so you can attack and heal in same turn), idk what this game is about cause I can't even win first battle, I have 4 characters, enemy way more, and archers are annoying.
There is a god mode in the options screen if you don't fancy the combat

Reactions: Korat789

Korat789

Apr 23, 2021
and after losing just one character you lose, it should't be like that. Most games count dead character as simply fainting, you get them back after battle, that's much better system than game over, also let people save during battles, i have to replay whole battle...

Korat789

Apr 23, 2021
There is a god mode in the options screen if you don't fancy the combat
Awesome and thanks for fast answer, don't take my comments as hate or complaining of some noob, I generally don't mind turn based combat i played many of such games, it's simply things I noticed that could be improved if you want, so impatient people could also play combat, for now I will check the game in god mode, cause I am realy curious about the story

tehmasta

May 1, 2017
Had this game on watchlist for months just to download today and see there's no way to rename mc.
Now i'm big sad :ROFLMAO:

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
I've seen that complain a few times here but I can't imagine why, I mean you can rename an empty MC but one with a proper personality is harder to rename and self-insert.

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Well, it's the norm in a lot of games, so folks usually expect it to be there

4.10 star(s) 12 Votes