Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
It's really weird and off putting that Ryoko has a chain round her neck, like it's just been forgotten and nobody notices it. Is that going to be permanent or taken off at some point?

Reactions: godswhimless
Oct 10, 2019
It's really weird and off putting that Ryoko has a chain round her neck, like it's just been forgotten and nobody notices it. Is that going to be permanent or taken off at some point?
You may have skipped some scenes or have yet to get to the one I am thinking of but it is explained at some point she actually willingly keeps it, I don't remember the exact reason, something about feeling safer with it or it being a simbol of her bond with MC, she takes it off in the bath scenes and just puts it back on after, the MC asks her a couple times to get rid of it but she refuses, or at least that what it used to be, there may also be some stuff about how it is safer for her to pretend to be a slave but it is mostly her decision from what I remember, I need to restart the game anyway so I will be able to confirm this relatively soon

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
You may have skipped some scenes or have yet to get to the one I am thinking of but it is explained at some point she actually willingly keeps it, I don't remember the exact reason, something about feeling safer with it or it being a simbol of her bond with MC, she takes it off in the bath scenes and just puts it back on after, the MC asks her a couple times to get rid of it but she refuses, or at least that what it used to be, there may also be some stuff about how it is safer for her to pretend to be a slave but it is mostly her decision from what I remember, I need to restart the game anyway so I will be able to confirm this relatively soon
It's explained early in the game that the slave collar can only be taken off by the owner's will or it's death, so the MC wanted to find her old master and have him take it off
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: telefonomusica

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
There's a very good narrative reason she has the slave collar, it gets explained in great detail further in the story.

The reason why it's never mentioned by anyone is that it'd be rude to mention. Everyone knows what it means, they don't know the real reason behind it, but they know she's an escaped slave. Slavery is still a horrible practice in this world so she's safe and free from judgement where she is. To say nothing of all the villagers being terrified of crossing MC.

Oct 10, 2019
It's explained early in the game that the slave collar can only be taken off by the owner's will or it's death, so the MC wanted to find her old master and have him take it off
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I did remember that part, I guess I just confused it with something else, it has been a bit since I last played, I do remember her saying something about liking it but that may just be me misremembering, good to know

Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
There's a very good narrative reason she has the slave collar, it gets explained in great detail further in the story.

The reason why it's never mentioned by anyone is that it'd be rude to mention. Everyone knows what it means, they don't know the real reason behind it, but they know she's an escaped slave. Slavery is still a horrible practice in this world so she's safe and free from judgement where she is. To say nothing of all the villagers being terrified of crossing MC.
Yeah I got to that point, needs some dialogue though about it earlier on, it doesn't make sense that it isn't questioned, especially when there's a very good reason. MC should try to take it off and fail at the very least. Writing needs to make sense and that bit doesn't.

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Yeah I got to that point, needs some dialogue though about it earlier on, it doesn't make sense that it isn't questioned, especially when there's a very good reason. MC should try to take it off and fail at the very least. Writing needs to make sense and that bit doesn't.
Ryoko being a slave is questioned in the first city and the MC gets in some trouble for it, then something similar happens in the second city with the dragon girl but given that the oni girl (who knows about the slaver) is living there and that the same thing happened in the first city it's easy to understand why the author didn't want to repeat the same pattern again.

sosses

Dec 9, 2021
Halp! I have Lost my 0.2.8 save, I had everything down to the new stuff if someone can share his save I would be very thankful

4.40 star(s) 65 Votes