May 31, 2017
I also agree that this feels really weird, I at least believed that... we would have a choice in this matter.
We just have to wait and see, was more brutal than what I was expecting and I assume THAT was the message.

But we're still ignoring a small "justification" (that I personally dislike) Kai is changing more and more.
He's getting more and more... "beastial" if that makes any sense.

He didn't want to fight the Queen initially.
Then he pretty much threatened to nuke one of the captains, I really hope karma bites him in the ass. :mad:
Zephyr hot, pls no hurt

But If this has zero consequences I'll be extremely disappointed, but I think all of this has a reason and we'll find out next chapter.
It's easy to criticize when we've yet to have a full picture.

Knowing God's Call... I have a feeling that all of what happened will be the cause to split into several endings and will be a forced choice the player will have to make.
(Explaining then the lack of options in this chapter)

It's the only conclusion I can take from this.
And boy knowing the choices in this game, shit won't be an easy one :HideThePain:
Agreed its actually an Incredible game , just finished the other routes and i like how each route will show the characters in different lights i loved how sheena wqs in the human route even though im pretty sure she is using us and how she treated us in the elven one , its gives me hope a lot of hope for chapter four of all the routes , lol if everyone is pretty bad lets nuke the whole world or just rule it with iron fist XD
I Also liked how that you have to play the other routes for more lore and see there reasonings

I mean after seeing beastials being beasts and that arcya ain't actually agains Eyeshm its kinda makes me wonder , maybe human treat beasts like shit because they were treated that way by them and thats there justification for it which would mean its just all going Cycle we have to break

Didn't finish the elven last chapter got busy this week so might leave it for later updates since im too much invested into there characters XD

AND GOTTA SAY I LOVE CHRYS FOR THIS AWESOME GALLERY FEATURES

Welp long story short sorry if i miss judged you before now i kinda understand the game and what its goals kinda :)

GOOD LUCK AND THANKS AGAIN

Ps - sorry if i fucked up the names im pretty bad with it :KEK::KEK:

May 31, 2017
I also agree that this feels really weird, I at least believed that... we would have a choice in this matter.
We just have to wait and see, was more brutal than what I was expecting and I assume THAT was the message.

But we're still ignoring a small "justification" (that I personally dislike) Kai is changing more and more.
He's getting more and more... "beastial" if that makes any sense.

He didn't want to fight the Queen initially.
Then he pretty much threatened to nuke one of the captains, I really hope karma bites him in the ass. :mad:
Zephyr hot, pls no hurt

But If this has zero consequences I'll be extremely disappointed, but I think all of this has a reason and we'll find out next chapter.
It's easy to criticize when we've yet to have a full picture.

Knowing God's Call... I have a feeling that all of what happened will be the cause to split into several endings and will be a forced choice the player will have to make.
(Explaining then the lack of options in this chapter)

It's the only conclusion I can take from this.
And boy knowing the choices in this game, shit won't be an easy one :HideThePain:
Btw most of the generals are hot but ma Boi Vorax went berserk on Yan which i hated a lot and made me dislike him kinda

Yeah i only see yan with good light since in almost all of the routes she is good

Reactions: johnmnf692
May 3, 2022
Kai is definitely something more primal in nature, once he chooses a route he seems to embody the theme of that route fully. I do hope we got more say in the matter eventually or that he comes to realize consequences for his actions but I also think there's a lot we still don't know or understand about Kai, the world he's in, and about humanity in it. I think we're intentionally being kept in the dark for now.

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
The payback in the cell was beautiful though.

It showed Leatrix nice girl routine was all an act and shutting Rheiner up about killing Feera gave me the happy.

All while Yan looked on.

I really like the group on the human route but that beast route has so many feels to it I kinda put it as my fave route. The competitive romance going on with Kai and Laz is great too.

The only one I haven't done is the Elf route and that's next on my to do list.

So far there hasn't been anyone on the beast route that I dislike. I thought I was going to hate that giant beast and the short one that were in the pub near the start of the route especially when the short one launched the knife through the kids throat. Then I thought about it and the beasts have been watching their kids die for, what a couple of hundred years?

Can't blame them for getting payback.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Personally, I would say that the Elf route is probably the best because Arcaena has the best written romance in the game and the supporting cast is also probably the strongest of any route too. Although, I do also love Leine and Leatrix in their respective routes.

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020

Personally, I would say that the Elf route is probably the best because Arcaena has the best written romance in the game and the supporting cast is also probably the strongest of any route too. Although, I do also love Leine and Leatrix in their respective routes.
I have to agree but it also feels like it had more time in the oven, since the dev has mentioned it will have a chapter more than the rest.
Because conflict is starting on the other Chapter 3's whilst on the Elven route it hasn't yet although clearly looming.

I love Arcaena as well and

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
After playing it I agree with you 100% on Arcaena's romance being the best. I do enjoy the one going on with Laz but Arcaena is such a great character all through that I can't help but adore her.

My problem with the Elf route is I found myself really disliking the Queen. The rest of the cast was great but I just couldn't find anything I liked about Queeny.

Still, the romance took it to my second spot. I still love the beast route cos of all the feels and Laz. Granted the human route is still a chapter behind so that may catch up and I did find myself warming up to the bitchy witch on that route after hating her on the other 2.

Gotta admit, this is probably my favourite fantasy VN i've played so far and the romance arcs are one of the reasons why.

Says a lot about the writing when even a character like Feera who is only in it briefly has such a big impact.

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
After playing it I agree with you 100% on Arcaena's romance being the best. I do enjoy the one going on with Laz but Arcaena is such a great character all through that I can't help but adore her.

My problem with the Elf route is I found myself really disliking the Queen. The rest of the cast was great but I just couldn't find anything I liked about Queeny.

Still, the romance took it to my second spot. I still love the beast route cos of all the feels and Laz. Granted the human route is still a chapter behind so that may catch up and I did find myself warming up to the bitchy witch on that route after hating her on the other 2.

Gotta admit, this is probably my favourite fantasy VN i've played so far and the romance arcs are one of the reasons why.

Says a lot about the writing when even a character like Feera who is only in it briefly has such a big impact.
I add that Arcaena comes out as the best due to being fleshed out since the beginning and she was there with you from the start she grew as you grew.

Her motives are simple as day but her struggles deep as the sea.

We, as Kai, were the water in the middle of the desert for her, seeing her slowly regain hope and even getting the light back into her dead eyes was just :love:

Reactions: RHFlash
May 31, 2020
Forced LIs are a pain but I'm digging it here.... Lazgari is just marvelous(hell, I became a beast just for her) .. Hopefully there will be a pregnancy tag soon...

May 31, 2020
I think this thread should have had this tag already, both
I expect Laz to be pregnant in the next beast update and that's probably next year. The wait is going to be so long since I'll be skipping the human and elf routes :cry::devilish:. Who knows maybe during that time General Vorax will turn into a girl..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:the developer did us dirty, most beasts are males/futa...

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Ok, as someone who just played through up to the route split, is there a sane option, or does it just diverge in 3 fucked directions? Cause the human path seems to be leaning towards supremacist genocide, which no thanks. The beast path seems to be the same thing but in the other direction, also basically the entire current cast dies lol. And the elven path is just a massive question mark.
Is it actually just impossible to try to stop the war while not killing characters I already give a shit about? Because as good as this game is, I might just bail on it for story reasons. It's fine to have dark routes and such, but at least make an option for people who don't revel in that misery.

May 3, 2022
Ok, as someone who just played through up to the route split, is there a sane option, or does it just diverge in 3 fucked directions? Cause the human path seems to be leaning towards supremacist genocide, which no thanks. The beast path seems to be the same thing but in the other direction, also basically the entire current cast dies lol. And the elven path is just a massive question mark.
Is it actually just impossible to try to stop the war while not killing characters I already give a shit about? Because as good as this game is, I might just bail on it for story reasons. It's fine to have dark routes and such, but at least make an option for people who don't revel in that misery.
As of yet there's no way to know. It seems like you're forced to choose one side and fully embrace it but it also feels like we're being led on to think that right now.

jsmitth529

Mar 4, 2020
Currently it feels as if the beast route is just the greatest evil. You go from feeling very uncomfortable about the atrocities committed during wartime to fully and completely embracing them and becoming a monster yourself. It's currently heavily implied that most, if not all, beasts are inherently savage in some way, crossing into outright evil. Humanity may very well be in the right in their war against them, and choosing the human route currently has the least amount of people trying to fuck with you, from the beasts being a bunch of monsters to one of the elves murdering a child and the queen being off.

Don't forget the first elven love interest fucking killing herself if you don't choose her, which was... sudden, in a bad way.

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
As of yet there's no way to know. It seems like you're forced to choose one side and fully embrace it but it also feels like we're being led on to think that right now.
I also feel this way, the human route is still a big ass question mark on how does that go, but I feel there's something more to the beast route than we think. I can't place it well but there hasn't been a big scene that didn't carry out consequences.
And I think we'll see that on the next chapter.

Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023
I also feel this way, the human route is still a big ass question mark on how does that go, but I feel there's something more to the beast route than we think. I can't place it well but there hasn't been a big scene that didn't carry out consequences.
And I think we'll see that on the next chapter.
The end of the chapter shows the capture of two cities belonging to the humans and the queen shows herself in front of Ekksu, one of the human generals. His reaction shows that the humans aren't prepared to see the queen in front battle + he hears Arctos talking about the king, the humans aren't aware of that too. So if Ekksu survives and reports that, it's a big deal with consequences.
Sure the consequences will be in the next chapter, but it's implemented now

Last edited:

blarsson

Jun 25, 2017
kinda my thoughts exactly on this game aswell, picking the so called sensible choices the route choice screen tells me that im confused and all over the place and forces me into the human path, even though as far as im concerned the choices made up until that point rather make a totally sensible path but instead im force fed a genocide option?

ill probably keep an eye on this but if these 3 end up being the only options ill just naw dawg myself outta this one.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
kinda my thoughts exactly on this game aswell, picking the so called sensible choices the route choice screen tells me that im confused and all over the place and forces me into the human path, even though as far as im concerned the choices made up until that point rather make a totally sensible path but instead im force fed a genocide option?

ill probably keep an eye on this but if these 3 end up being the only options ill just naw dawg myself outta this one.
It's really fucking weird man. Because it's like the entire character gets overwritten in a matter of seconds and you just become a complete zealot for one side or another. No nuance, no gradual development in either direction, just a switch flipped and any non-extreme option is out the window. And the writing was decent beforehand, so this coming outta nowhere is quite a shock.
Like surely it's possible to have those routes or whatever, but write them better and also be able to navigate between them for a better outcome.

3.80 star(s) 25 Votes