The the Guy

Jun 28, 2018
At least be consistent in your points.
But I have to agree the intro all happens a little too fast, and I do not feel like this game slogs AT ALL.
In fact, I think it is going faster than I wanted it to go.
(It should have taken more time to consolidate the big events themselves)
Just because something is rush doesnt mean it can't be a slog. Rushing through all that story is the reason its so boring and feels like a long time when it isnt. Its really just a big info dump with no reason to care about whats being told at all.

Sinisterheat

Nov 19, 2018
Not usually something I go for, but I was pleasantly surprised. I dig the story. I am curious though, the changelog sounds like it goes to chapter 3, yet it ended at chapter 2-middle? Perhaps the download didn't go all the way or.....hell idk.

Reactions: SnowyFrost

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Not usually something I go for, but I was pleasantly surprised. I dig the story. I am curious though, the changelog sounds like it goes to chapter 3, yet it ended at chapter 2-middle? Perhaps the download didn't go all the way or.....hell idk.
IIRC the human route stops earlier, but the beast and elves routes are longer... at any rate, they don't have the same amount of content yet.

Sinisterheat

Nov 19, 2018
So choosing rather to side with beasts/elves or humans lead you to their selective paths or what? I was against humans and still was set on the human path.

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
Lady Shuria thing in the Elven route was a total turn off, i just pressed skip until the end of that part...
Looks like the Bestial route is still the best one.

GodOfMercy

Sep 25, 2020
This game was a nice experience, some great charaters and a desent story so far, of the 3 branching faction paths given, i liked the beast and elves the most, a bit sad that we have no influence on the way the wars are fought, would have been sweet to affect the kingdoms by our own choices

Reactions: RHFlash

Sinisterheat

Nov 19, 2018
Need some fan art for this VN lol. I mean, not many images from VN's I'd use a background for my laptop, but this one has a few.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RHFlash

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
Sinisterheat Vorax is great XD you should check out his glossary entry for a nice pinup of him :coffee:

For the wallpaper and fan art points, there are two really nice pieces of fan art on the discord of Feera that I would post put I‘m not sure if the artists would be comfortable with it. The images are pinned in the gods call channel.

Also on Patreon Chrys (the dev) does polls for which characters to do both NSFW and SFW wallpapers of for the current month. Those do also go free after some time and they make for some really great wallpapers. There’s a big buildup of them now and they can be found on the gods call updates channel on discord and on patreon, and I’m attaching some Gryff wallpapers as an example (because I love him)

Reactions: lunar517

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
I don't think it was a power up, I think it was more of a show of a power.
I have some things to note, after going through all we have, Kai has gates (of power) in chapter 3.
And as the Beast Goddess said, each is exponential and he has a cap of three and he could die if he reaches there.

Going back to Chapter 1, his berserk mode was his full power, I don't think people noticed the detail but he had three circles on his neck/back behind him.

He has a ton of power he just isn't very experienced in using it, that's why he undergoes practice in all routes.

I agree with you as this was a show of power AND a power-up.

The Queen fight is the first time he has awoken his celestial powers (in beastial form), and that wasn't a show of power, that was needed, the Queen couldn't give two fucks about someone who claimed he could beat her and then get thrashed.

The Queen didn't get scratched even and the game has a ton of attention to blunt hits and blood, I personally think she is at gate one level.

The scenes afterward weren't insults to the King.
Think about it, put yourself in the shoes of the captains.
A guy shows up claiming he beat the Queen and the Queen adores him out of the blue?!

You're going to be at least skeptical and want proof, not to mention the beasts... usually act a little beastial.

I don't think Kai has ever used two gates up until this point (other than his berserk mode) with the dragon captain.
There's another symbol behind the main circle during the fight with the dragon captain and it is implied by the Queen that this power wasn't his normal stuff.
(Because he only achieved gate one when fighting with her)

untitled.png

From a storytelling point of view, I think the game (although flawed in some aspects) is well-written.

It is up to the player to decipher what happened, and the implications and meanings of actions taken in this game.
It believes in the player/audience that they will connect the dots between all three routes and see the wider picture.

Typing this just makes me want to play more God's Call lol :KEK:

3.80 star(s) 25 Votes