Luminoto

Mar 13, 2019
Not really. I'm honestly struggling right now. Like I had some stuff written at the time of the start of the month but didn't and still don't feel like there's enough of it or that there's enough associated gameplay to go along with it to make up an update. I announced a delay for the update but that was like a week ago and I still don't feel any better about it and haven't actually gotten much additional stuff done since then and I don't know what I should do or say. Saying nothing is obviously bad, like I probably shouldn't even reply to this right now because I can't think of anything particularly positive to say because my mental health isn't in a place where positivity/optimism is possible. In regards to both the game in specific and life in general, it just feels like I really need help that I'm not getting and also can't realistically expect TO get from anyone.
Your project is amazing, for sure.
I hope your still good out there. Recover step by step, at your own pace.
When you will feel better, come back here to let us know, I think all of us want the best for you.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. I'm honestly struggling right now. Like I had some stuff written at the time of the start of the month but didn't and still don't feel like there's enough of it or that there's enough associated gameplay to go along with it to make up an update. I announced a delay for the update but that was like a week ago and I still don't feel any better about it and haven't actually gotten much additional stuff done since then and I don't know what I should do or say. Saying nothing is obviously bad, like I probably shouldn't even reply to this right now because I can't think of anything particularly positive to say because my mental health isn't in a place where positivity/optimism is possible. In regards to both the game in specific and life in general, it just feels like I really need help that I'm not getting and also can't realistically expect TO get from anyone.
Aaahh... the dev pit.
The stage in which you cannot see how to move forward. Have no concerete finish line.
Try this for motivation:

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Been another month. Still thinking of you and hoping life is improving on your end.
It would probably be more correct to say that it got worse actually, given that all the pharmacies around me seem to have been hit by an adderall shortage so I've been going through withdrawal and my brain feels like sludge. Though it's not like stuff was getting done so well before this either so it's not like that good of an excuse it's just a thing added to the pile.

Last edited:

Privitarium

Oct 25, 2017
It would probably be more correct to say that it got worse actually, given that all the pharmacies around me seem to have been hit by an adderall shortage so I've been going through withdrawal and my brain feels like sludge. Though it's not like stuff was getting done so well before this either so it's not like that good of an excuse it's just a thing added to the pile.
That sucks, to have yet another problem stacking up like that. I've never had to depend on drugs before, and what I've heard is mixed.

Also, you don't have any obligations here so quit thinking you need to give us excuses! Go read a book, write about your depressive thoughts and turn it into a character, walk the dog, something! Just don't get so fixated on this one project that it makes you think you can't be productive in other ways.

Reactions: MostlyHereForYuri
4.50 star(s) 26 Votes