blax37

Sep 18, 2020
The less detached I make the narration while watching things happen to the knights, the faster people will end up calling it NTR (I know this is going to happen eventually).
My suggestion is to change the inquisitor to be female to avoid NTR territory.

You could then allow the inquisitor to be a true 4th party member, able to take on the corruption and curses for party members close to breaking. Effectively make the narration dialogue begin to become corrupted itself based on the current party status.

You could also have commands / spells become unavailable as the inquisitor themselves starts masterbating.

This could also allow you to make the game over a bit more complex, as the current "reach 100 and lose" doesn't feel good. If instead a character reaching 100 simply turned them against you, and the real game over is the inquisitor reaching 100 corruption then that would likely be more satisfying. I imagine that fully corrupted girls would become wandering monsters either directly corrupting other members, attacking them, or just engaging in mutual masturbation.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019

You could then allow the inquisitor to be a true 4th party member, able to take on the corruption and curses for party members close to breaking. Effectively make the narration dialogue begin to become corrupted itself based on the current party status.

You could also have commands / spells become unavailable as the inquisitor themselves starts masterbating.

This could also allow you to make the game over a bit more complex, as the current "reach 100 and lose" doesn't feel good. If instead a character reaching 100 simply turned them against you, and the real game over is the inquisitor reaching 100 corruption then that would likely be more satisfying. I imagine that fully corrupted girls would become wandering monsters either directly corrupting other members, attacking them, or just engaging in mutual masturbation.
Setting aside the fact that this would basically require the dev to completely change the direction of the game (and redesign a lot of what's already there), it doesn't make sense as a solution to cuckoldry concerns. For one thing, having a female protagonist (which is already an option) doesn't make a single bit of difference when it comes to being cucked, especially when the girls are explicitly established as bisexual. But having the game continue after the girls have been fully corrupted would only make it feel significantly *more* cuckold-y.

Tweet said:
It's time for everyone's favorite game: "Mummy, or "

THIIIIIIIIIIIINGS! Hopefully the list of things to do includes: Hug her, pet her, squeeze her, pat her, rub her, caress her, and call her George.

...But for real, it'll probably be more healthy for these girls when I have another outlet to make use of the mind control menu. I think I'm giving them some kind of mental disorder.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oof. Just be glad you're not British, or you'd have to deal with multiple maths.

But speaking of rabbit holes and cute little bunny rabbits named George, bunny girl enemy when? There could also be a related stage magician enemy who magically poofs the knight into a bunny girl outfit. And of course she would have a move to hypnotize the knight into hopping around and pretending to be a rabbit.

Last edited:

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Just so people know, there's a typo in the requirements for two of the new skills (Infusion and Stimulant) which will make them not possible to learn. My bad.
1. A tab in the research notes to keep tabs on all the spells you've seen would be nice.
I probably need to do something to solve the problem of the research notes menu running out of space first. I think it can only take one or two more currently.
2. I'd like it if any unknown monsters, traps, etc. would show up as ??? in the research notes, so that I could know if I'm missing anything.
I don't necessarily like this but I cannot properly define why. Weird.
-back in dialogues/tutorial pauses the music and it doesnt come back
Yeah this is broken for some reason. The dialogue manager is supposed to look through previous dialogue steps whenever you go backward to see if it needs to change background/cutin picture/music, but it looks like there's some issue with that process.

But why couldn't all of this happen with a male inquisitor too? :unsure:
THIIIIIIIIIIIINGS! Hopefully the list of things to do includes: Hug her, pet her, squeeze her, pat her, rub her, caress her, and call her George.

...But for real, it'll probably be more healthy for these girls when I have another outlet to make use of the mind control menu. I think I'm giving them some kind of mental disorder.

Inquisitor: What do you want to do today, Lucette?
Lucette: Explodes
(Maybe I should put a cap on the Desire amount, although I know that's not the point you were making)
Oof. Just be glad you're not British, or you'd have to deal with multiple maths.
I don't really have strong opinions one way or the other on math, but it was being annoying. I'm still moderately annoyed because my "solution" to the problem ended up not being a new equation but instead just brute force finding the correct number programmatically at run time. I'd like to come back and figure out how to make it into a proper equation at some point. More for pride than the inefficiency being a big deal...

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Just so people know, there's a typo in the requirements for two of the new skills (Infusion and Stimulant) which will make them not possible to learn. My bad.
I had actually just typed up a post about checking for potentially missing... anything:

Looking back at past Tweets, it occurs to me that I never got that one curse... What was it, Mama Bear? I don't think I've ever even gotten an undiscovered version of it. What are its conditions? Maybe it's about time I report a list of which things I've discovered so we can check if any bugs have kept some of them hidden. Though the opposite might be quicker, since I'd immediately recognize which things I haven't seen before instead of you having to compare two lists to see what's missing.

I probably need to do something to solve the problem of the research notes menu running out of space first. I think it can only take one or two more currently.
If all else fails, there's always the classic "arrow to next page of tabs" option. Even if the second page is literally just one or two tabs, you wouldn't be the first game to do that. Of course, there's also nothing really stopping you from continuing the tabs into the "page" on the right, though I can imagine some aesthetic reasons for disliking this, and maybe some concern that people will think it's a tab for the researched subject itself rather than a new list of subjects.

I don't necessarily like this but I cannot properly define why. Weird.
Maybe what it needs is a way for it to feel "earned" or not show up until "the right time". Like with the individual events that show up as "???" once you've researched their corresponding threats, there could be a certain something that reveals whether there's a new research subject to seek out.

Hmm... Or if the only question is whether there's *anything* still left to find, maybe simply make it so a star or checkmark or something appears somewhere when you've found everything in a category?

Tweet said:
Nothing to add here since I can't really make out what the scenario is. It doesn't *quite* look like they're confronting the inquisitor over something serious, like messing with their heads without permission... Though we can't rule out the "I found out what you're doing and I like it" scene, that's probably farther off if it happens at all.

Tweet said:
Today on Patreon/Subscribestar, I wrote up a decently long devlog about the math/decision making behind the dynamic difficulty system in the game. Any supporters interested in game design sort of stuff, check it out!

Druid

Dec 15, 2017
I don't know if it was mentioned or not, but something that feels like a bug is even if you've researched the curse (and therefore should recognize if someone has it) but get it from the shrine, it won't reveal itself. You have to either boost it through gameplay or use the witch to reveal.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
This all checks out. Exclusive skills don't have scrolls currently, so you're just missing Backstab due to rng yeah. Although Slam Dancer and Going Going Dancing CAN spawn as scrolls despite requiring Grace, which makes that a bit inconsistent.
You're also missing the five new skills in the latest update, so I'm assuming you just didn't play it enough to find those scrolls (or at all?).

As for Mama Bear uhhhh any of these

I don't know if it was mentioned or not, but something that feels like a bug is even if you've researched the curse (and therefore should recognize if someone has it) but get it from the shrine, it won't reveal itself. You have to either boost it through gameplay or use the witch to reveal.
Dang, I forgot to fix this after it was mentioned before, which is a shame because it should be super easy to fix.
Actually I'm gonna go fix it right now.

I'm back. It's fixed.

Last edited:

CLAS-SIFIED

Jul 14, 2020
Save data is located in AppData\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\Going Deeper but it can be deleted from within the game so you shouldn't NEED to do anything with it.
well yes...but you see I am a very dirty cheater and thus WANT to do things with it but the encryption(?) is not my forte nor are RES files (and I have in-fact tried I'm just dumb)

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Although Slam Dancer and Going Going Dancing CAN spawn as scrolls despite requiring Grace, which makes that a bit inconsistent.
Also Primally Primed. ...And Infusion and Stimulant, I see. Yup, those two are bugged alright.

Edit: Actually, is Bedside Manner a scroll? If not, that's the odd one out now, since it's the only "tier 2" exclusive left on that list.

You're also missing the five new skills in the latest update, so I'm assuming you just didn't play it enough to find those scrolls (or at all?).
Oh, there are new skills in the bugfix update? Yeah, I didn't even look for that since it wasn't in the changelog. Checked four of them off (Infusion, Stimulant, Bump, Smite), nothing odd unless Smite isn't supposed to be scroll-only. Maybe that should be a tag or something?

As for Mama Bear uhhhh any of these
Ah, that explains why I'd never see it. That only occurs naturally if you give Lucette a Fury skill (which I just realized also never occurs naturally), and there's not a lot of (visible) gameplay incentive to mess with drives right now. Though I suppose I'm expected to be embracing/rejecting curses and having that occur naturally. Hmm... There's just something stopping me from wanting to allow "random" changes like that while in that menu, which stops me from messing with the curses as well. Maybe it's an inherent desire to not allow something uncontrolled to happen in the mind control menu.

Alright, just got an unknown curse on Lucette... And Mama Bear triggered/revealed just fine. Interesting that it seems to be the only one-level curse. Which... only gives one "diamond" when embraced? Hang on, if that's intentional, then... Yeah, Exhibitionism goes from two diamonds to three when embraced. I thought that was intentional, but it seems to be the only one. Speaking of which, there's a typo in "Elli given up denying her exhibitionist nature." Also probably Easily Stimulated, which says "It's not like there's anything with that, right?"

Hmm... Elli probably shouldn't be charging through a line of monsters to go rest at the stairs (Harboring + Signposting), but that issue's probably for the AI update.

Ey, yo, Patience just showed up in Lucette's learnable skill list despite failing both the Requirements *and* the Desire Requirements according to the scroll. Probably because she had previously met the requirements and may have even seen it in the list, but it cycled out and probably shouldn't have cycled back in. Unless that's intentional? But now it can coexist with Percussive Maintenance, when both have "don't have the other" as requirements. Same thing's happening with other skills like Heartbreaker, now that I'm looking.

Is there any circumstance where Withdraw is supposed to not work? I just saw it fail to teleport Elli, but there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary with her at the time. Except for the fact that Lucette withdrew shortly before that. ...But it just failed again after she masturbated. Maybe her skills?

Last thoughts from this run: Pride's meter being the same color as the background should probably be addressed, and Craven feels overpowered thanks to a bizarre "fearsturbation" quirk where a Monstrous foe will keep spooking the knight while she masturbates, giving her so much Shaken that by the time someone shows up to save her, they have to babysit her until her willpower recovers enough to not immediately start masturbating again every time she's stopped.

Last edited:

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
well yes...but you see I am a very dirty cheater and thus WANT to do things with it but the encryption(?) is not my forte nor are RES files (and I have in-fact tried I'm just dumb)
I kinda just want to say "sorry to hear that" and move on but I'm also curious what you actually want to do when cheating.

Also for what it's worth, when modding is a thing (eventually) it will probably be pretty trivial to make some easy mode/cheat mods.

Also also I will eventually be putting up builds with debug menus enabled for Paladin level supporters, I just haven't done it yet.
Edit: Actually, is Bedside Manner a scroll? If not, that's the odd one out now, since it's the only "tier 2" exclusive left on that list.
It's not, but it probably should be.
nothing odd unless Smite isn't supposed to be scroll-only. Maybe that should be a tag or something?
I might be adding/changing a bit for the requirements then turning it on for natural learn. It would be nice to have more offensive skills available.
Interesting that it seems to be the only one-level curse.
Mistake. All curses should have at least 3 ranks (with the first two being no diamonds filled, and 1 diamond filled which is always the effect when embraced)
Yeah, Exhibitionism goes from two diamonds to three when embraced.
1672713745156.png 1672713748768.png ?
Hmm... Elli probably shouldn't be charging through a line of monsters to go rest at the stairs (Harboring + Signposting), but that issue's probably for the AI update.
Allies have always prioritized getting to their destination over fighting when set to Rest, I guess it's just more noticeable in this case.
Craven feels overpowered
I'm definitely eyeing Craven and Paranoia as being too overbearing in their current forms.

I'll look into the other things too.

Last edited:

CLAS-SIFIED

Jul 14, 2020
I'm also curious what you actually want to do when cheating.
I usually cheat to just be "powerful" but I also like to just "test" things in my own way but it is enjoyable to just have something if I'm getting bored

Edit: or just looking at any pretty pictures but i do like seeing what would happen if i set their stats or status effects to something weird

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
...Oops. It occurs to me that I have trouble seeing the bottom diamond on all of them, and sometimes miscount as a result. Let's call this another "same color as the background" issue, plus the shape blends with the bottom of the icon, so it sometimes fails to trigger both my color and shape detection. Though I swear there was *something* going from two diamonds to three, but it's just as likely that I made the same visual mistake multiple times.

So here's a thought. Maybe when a chest gets opened, the icon for the scroll (or other future item?) inside could briefly float out of it before disappearing. It's not that necessary since we can just check the event log and see the list at the end of the floor, but it would put it in line with the other "in-dungeon" UI effects.

When you try to teach a skill when a knight doesn't have skill points, the "yes" isn't grayed out yet, and only becomes gray after you click "use blank scroll".

Horrible new skill idea: Flytrap. If a monster deals lust damage when you have thorns, deal extra thorns damage as a % of corruption. Unique dialogue during sex scenes if the inquisitor is male. (The dialogue is, "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!")

Better new skill idea: Zen. (Requires Patience) If the character's lust is above X and they receive lust damage, grants the Patience buff.

Silly new skill idea: Koan. (Requires Zen) If Patience triggers and the character has no temporary corruption, sesame bun.

Redundant new skill idea: Out of Juice. If the character has no charge, gain X bonus to physique and add a fury stack whenever they attack a monster. Rage Bonus: Gain Y stacks of charge. (The icon is a chibi witch bonking a demon with a magic rod.)

Tweet said:
I'm... not sure I've even gotten that one? (Edit: Well, I just got it now.) Maybe it really is time to put spells in the research log. It's the one thing I haven't gone bug-hunting with yet.

But also, armor! If this has already been mentioned in the UI, though, I'm guessing it's not planned for the knights to have. I mean, surely the Exposed effect inflicted by the Shattered Armor Trap would have made some mention of the knights having armor, right?

Speaking of not having armor... You mispelled ftw, btw. I've come to the conclusion that Lucette is best girl. Although she'd also be the toughest nut to brainwash, especially without breaking what makes her great. I don't want to see her "corrupted" or "broken".

Edit: So when I make an offering of devotion at an Eschahn Shrine, am I supposed to be able to do it again? The menu won't let me give more than 10 at a time, but I can just do it over and over again. But, for some reason, I can no longer accept a curse when I open it a second time... Is it accidentally disabling the wrong button? ...Wait, I think I know what it is. You're only supposed to be able to pick one of the three options before disabling them all, right? But "Offer Devotion" always starts out disabled, and adding a number makes it clickable.

Also, geez, you weren't kidding about Paranoia. I thought it was less insane after the safe room fix, but having both it and Craven on Raine has turned her into a lunatic. Lucette can't stop her from fearsturbating because she just gets even more scared, eventually turning her into an axe murderer. And while she's assaulting her friends, she's getting even more Shaken!

Edit 2: When Elli comments about Raine's Suggestive curse, she has the blue Lucette text. And she just did it again while talking about Lucette's Easily Stimulated, although I thought I saw that in yellow the previous day...

Edit 3: Oh hey, been a while since I had an actual crash. This was another death crash, and I didn't have the combat log open, but did manage to catch some stats.

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Tweets

Tweet said:
Just an event for a monster, or a teaser for a new mechanic? Could be threats spawning after clearing other threats (the way chests currently do), or some kind of interaction between threats in adjacent rooms. ...Probably not the latter, that sounds too complex and situational to be worth implementing.

(No picture)
But I don't like surprises. I like funny boxes with tongues.

Speaking of which, there should be an easter egg version of the "empty" box where the "treasure" is just a cardboard box. When they open it, they find NRFB inside, and decide it would be impolite to remove it to check if there's any treasure underneath.

Now this one gives off some Fallen Knight vibes. Actually, the green kind of gives some zombie vibes. But more importantly, she seems... unhappy. Considering Eschahn's sphere of influence, maybe she's actually not fully corrupted? The "last survivor", so to speak, using her despair as armor against the corrupting pleasure? Whatever the case, I want to save her... and then enslave her. Maybe even not in that order. Oh, what's a hypocritical "evil" mind controller to do?

...Are her eyes slitted? It can be hard to tell with the art style.

Last edited:

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Can someone help me enjoy this game? I feel like the concept is very appealing to me, so every so often I see that its gotten an update and redownload it. Every time I play through two levels, and find that I'm simply letting the women wander around randomly, and then I lose interest and uninstall it again.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
So here's a thought. Maybe when a chest gets opened, the icon for the scroll (or other future item?) inside could briefly float out of it before disappearing. It's not that necessary since we can just check the event log and see the list at the end of the floor, but it would put it in line with the other "in-dungeon" UI effects.
I've added this and I like it.
Better new skill idea: Zen. (Requires Patience)
I actually had a different idea for a skill named Zen that requires Patience (I've added it already).
But also, armor! If this has already been mentioned in the UI, though, I'm guessing it's not planned for the knights to have. I mean, surely the Exposed effect inflicted by the Shattered Armor Trap would have made some mention of the knights having armor, right?
One could argue that Barkskin gives armor actually, although it isn't given that name and isn't the same thing as monster armor (which isn't too hard to guess how it might work).
So when I make an offering of devotion at an Eschahn Shrine, am I supposed to be able to do it again? The menu won't let me give more than 10 at a time, but I can just do it over and over again. But, for some reason, I can no longer accept a curse when I open it a second time... Is it accidentally disabling the wrong button? ...Wait, I think I know what it is. You're only supposed to be able to pick one of the three options before disabling them all, right? But "Offer Devotion" always starts out disabled, and adding a number makes it clickable.
Yeah, it disables the three buttons but didn't disable the arrow buttons, which could then reenable the offering button (fixed).
Also, geez, you weren't kidding about Paranoia. I thought it was less insane after the safe room fix, but having both it and Craven on Raine has turned her into a lunatic. Lucette can't stop her from fearsturbating because she just gets even more scared, eventually turning her into an axe murderer. And while she's assaulting her friends, she's getting even more Shaken!
Paranoia and Craven are both getting nerfed, and Masturbation compulsion is changing so that it at the very least only checks its value when Lust damage is dealt rather than at the start of the character's turn.

Can someone help me enjoy this game? I feel like the concept is very appealing to me, so every so often I see that its gotten an update and redownload it. Every time I play through two levels, and find that I'm simply letting the women wander around randomly, and then I lose interest and uninstall it again.
I'm not sure what you actually want me to do here.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Well, you could look at it as a management game (building up your team and making them strong enough to tackle the dungeon) rather than a micromanagement game (though you'll still find excuses to micromanage here and there as you get a better sense for the game), although that still might not be what you're looking for. There's also supposedly going to be an AI update (though presumably not a complete overhaul, just new additions) at some point in the future that might make giving the knights orders more enjoyable to you, but it's still not clear what those additions will be nor whether it's something that falls in line with what you'd enjoy. In the end, it depends on what particular kind of things you enjoy, and if that's not in the game then that's that.

Twitter said:
*Hugs the real/current timeline Raine closer* Protecc

I'm actually not sure if she's the one getting spin move'd (with her shield getting knocked away), or if she's spin moving. Probably a camp scene, though, maybe joining her training. Although it might be safer just to scry... Nah, you'll be fine, go be her training dummy.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
...is this AI art? everywhere?
Yeah Rosen linked to the post I would have but I can expand on it a bit.

I don't want to be overly defensive about it, but maybe just as a consequence of how the discussion surrounding AI has evolved over several months, simply calling it AI art feels overly reductive to the point of erasing all of the other work that I do to make things work in a consistent art style. I've never been shy or secretive about AI being a PART of the process for art in the game, but I also feel like it's important to say that it is not the WHOLE process.

Elsiss Surana

Jan 15, 2019
Yeah Rosen linked to the post I would have but I can expand on it a bit.

I don't want to be overly defensive about it, but maybe just as a consequence of how the discussion surrounding AI has evolved over several months, simply calling it AI art feels overly reductive to the point of erasing all of the other work that I do to make things work in a consistent art style. I've never been shy or secretive about AI being a PART of the process for art in the game, but I also feel like it's important to say that it is not the WHOLE process.
Much like the RPG Maker system of game development makes things significantly easier for non game developers to tell their story, AI art is allowing for the cheaper and easier production of game art that would normally cost indie game devs an arm and a leg.

4.50 star(s) 25 Votes