Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
The characters in this are cute and the idea is interesting, but unfortunately not my type of game. Anyone have a full save file so I can take a look at the events in the research?
It's not 100% full (I'm still missing one rare easter egg monster and one new trap that was just added, plus a possibly-bugged event), but I did upload my save for bugtesting purposes on the last page. The metaprogress file isn't there, but I don't think that should matter.

By the way, in addition to the stuff in the research log, there are also some mini-scenes for scrying on the girls sleeping that aren't saved in the book. Just some cutesy shots of them in bed. And some "hidden" naked images that can only be seen if you...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(Has that issue been figured out yet, btw? I'm still sitting at camp in case I missed something you need. Not trying to rush you, just that if you figured it out and decided not to say anything yet, I'd like to know.)

Last edited:

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
(Has that issue been figured out yet, btw? I'm still sitting at camp in case I missed something you need. Not trying to rush you, just that if you figured it out and decided not to say anything yet, I'd like to know.)
Yeah I figured it out. Chaos isn't being calculated correctly (in general, nothing to do with your save), though I have no idea when that would have been broken. I know for a fact that I was able to manually trigger the scene when I first put it in. Strange.

anvimur

Apr 11, 2018
The latest difficulty tweak may have swung too hard; I'd estimate close to 85% of the enemies and traps I saw across around four or five runs with the 8.2 build were types capable of spawning on the first floor. Trance traps were very prevalent previously but are now nearly nonexistent (I saw one each of artistic nude and aurora in the entire set of runs, and only a handful of clocks). I had to full auto, with the increased starting difficulty from NG+, and accept every curse without returning to base at all in order to get any of the girls high enough corruption to lose before I reached the last floor, and even then I'm pretty sure it only happened because I sat around twiddling my dick while they got juggled in and out of the Drider room for like 50 turns, and that didn't happen until floor six or seven. Before that they'd still only gotten to around 20-30 corruption each.

TL;DR: The game was much more enjoyable when the types of enemies varied more noticeably the further in you got instead of just being dildos and bats all the way down

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
The latest difficulty tweak may have swung too hard;
If some mysterious bug worked its way in to break something I'll apologize for unintentional gaslighting, but assuming that isn't the case, I believe you're getting placebo effect here. This isn't really how it works.

When a 'spawn pool' is created for a given threat room, it's done independent of floor difficulty. Once the threat to spawn in that room is already chosen THEN generation looks at the difficulty of that chosen threat and adjusts it by applying modifiers. Changing the difficulty calculation wouldn't have changed threat variety in itself.

That said, if you want to argue about the game being too easy for various reasons or that some threats should have spawn requirements that eventually kick them out of the spawn pool of later floors, that's fair.

anvimur

Apr 11, 2018
Well either something I'm not technically knowledgeable enough to know about went wrong or I've gotten an incredibly wonky outlier series of runs because they definitely felt like 75% bats, mindfuckers, and dart traps the whole way three or four times in a row. Might try tallying everything I come across next run to see if I'm getting pranked by RNG or something.

I definitely know there was barely anything that inflicts trance though, because I was specifically looking for them and they were frustratingly absent (aside from the occasional bat girl and a handful of clocks).

If nothing else gets looked at, please consider making more ranks of increased difficulty available (or just increase the number of floors), I keep accidentally finishing the game before I have enough time to research things

Privitarium

Oct 25, 2017
Like the game a lot, good writing and gameplay.

Encountered a bug where initial Shield Maid scene (says break a tea set) briefly shows the first page of text before immediately ending. Unsure of cause, but on newgame+. Edit: after looking through some older posts, discovered someone previously had the same issue with a different scene, where the text begins with "this pangram has..." I am also getting that same text appearing and disappearing.

If I may comment, perhaps the skills and curses should be trimmed or refined/reflavoured? It may make balancing easier and certain curses (eg. paranoia) seem out of place for what are a lust goddess's "blessings". It could also make your future more complex and more thematic content (such as the futa curse) more accessible. Of course, that's assuming that acquiring such complex curses/content will also be randomised and not a scripted cutscene choice.

I also second the idea of limiting certain trap/enemy spawns to certain floors. Not urgent with the limited content there is but perhaps later down the line once there's more enemies and floors. Also, maybe their spawn floors could be listed as part of their research so that people who want to hunt down specific scenes have an easier time.

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Tweets.

Tweet said:
"Hide Lore Info"

L O R E

NRFB Invents First Internet Browser, 1990 (Colorized)

Kinda hard to tell if that's naked skin at a weird angle or if she's under a blanket. Doesn't help that I read that as "snug". Snug smug.

On an unrelated note, I've got a wild theory on the mystery brought up in the latest update. Probably not correct, but I think it'd be a neat twist (with a second twist that I kinda hope is true even if the first part isn't):

...Oh hey, while double-checking the idle chat to get the right phrasing for that, I finally found that "pre-conflict" line you mentioned for the first time. "Have you read the account of the founding of Lamore? Fascinating story, although there seems to be some pre-conflict bias against acolytes in it..." That's... significantly more world-buildy than any of the other chat lines, I think.

Edit: Oh hey, it seems Hunting Call is still broken. I was gonna experiment with a "nuclear doot" (three exhibitionists with Seeing Red and Hunting Call getting scried at the same time), but none of them are raising each other's rage, even if only one of them is using Hunting Call at a time.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Encountered a bug where initial Shield Maid scene (says break a tea set) briefly shows the first page of text before immediately ending. Unsure of cause, but on newgame+. Edit: after looking through some older posts, discovered someone previously had the same issue with a different scene, where the text begins with "this pangram has..." I am also getting that same text appearing and disappearing.
Yeah, any time you see the pangram text (which is just placeholder text in my dialogue manager that I never removed) it means that there is a typo/error in the formatting of the dialogue script itself. These are easy fixes, but I do occasionally miss one or two.

If I may comment, perhaps the skills and curses should be trimmed or refined/reflavoured? It may make balancing easier and certain curses (eg. paranoia) seem out of place for what are a lust goddess's "blessings". It could also make your future more complex and more thematic content (such as the futa curse) more accessible. Of course, that's assuming that acquiring such complex curses/content will also be randomised and not a scripted cutscene choice.
She's not technically a lust goddess, but I'd be curious to hear your ideas if you have any.

Kinda hard to tell if that's naked skin at a weird angle or if she's under a blanket. Doesn't help that I read that as "snug". Snug smug.
Also gotta love a good snug.

Edit: Oh hey, it seems Hunting Call is still broken. I was gonna experiment with a "nuclear doot" (three exhibitionists with Seeing Red and Hunting Call getting scried at the same time), but none of them are raising each other's rage, even if only one of them is using Hunting Call at a time.
I'd need more detail to be sure about this, but it sounds like this might be what I originally intended actually? Hunting Call is specifically not meant to trigger due to fury gain from Hunting Call. Might be unclear from the wording of the description though ("When this character gains Fury from another source").

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I'd need more detail to be sure about this, but it sounds like this might be what I originally intended actually? Hunting Call is specifically not meant to trigger due to fury gain from Hunting Call. Might be unclear from the wording of the description though ("When this character gains Fury from another source").
They're not gaining Fury at all when an ally uses Hunting Call. I think what's happening is that when you set it up to not trigger Hunting Call when gaining Fury from Hunting Call, you actually made it so that they don't gain Fury from Hunting Call at all (at least if they also have the skill). So when all three of them have the skill, it becomes completely nonfunctional.

Of course, it is something that has to be carefully managed for the very reasons of what I'm experimenting with. With Duality, Embraced Exhibitionism, Seeing Red, and Hunting Call on all three of them, scrying the whole group should result in each of them gaining six Fury stacks at once, and/or all sorts of buggy fun from unintended interactions.

Though on that note, I should add that Fury kind of feels less fun than other gimmick skill types due to the fact that only one Rage Bonus can be triggered at a time, and it gets hard to control which of them triggers when you have multiple skills. Primally Primed in particular feels hard to trigger for an incredibly short buff. I'm not sure what a good alternative would be, though, as increasing the amount of Fury you gain *and* increasing the amount of bonuses triggered at once would be pretty overpowered, even if it does take a lot of skill investment...

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Though on that note, I should add that Fury kind of feels less fun than other gimmick skill types due to the fact that only one Rage Bonus can be triggered at a time, and it gets hard to control which of them triggers when you have multiple skills.
Feels pretty thematically appropriate though, doesn't it?

So uh... This ended up way too long and probably more than you wanted but here you go.
You underestimate how much I like talking about my game. This is actually the kind of thing I'd like to see more of from people, but I also know that there is a certain degree to which balance is subjective/a moving target. For example support skills in general were OP before corruption waves were added to incentivize splitting up, but with that on top of adding more curses that are only dangerous when grouped, support is quite weak right now. That whole conversation has been flipped upside down just because of added mechanics.

I've actually been talking about exclusive skills a bit the last couple of days on my discord. I also came to the conclusion that Lucette needs some help. Right now I'm looking at:
Split Brawler into the bonus to attack from base physique (goes to Raine, might also be buffed up to 15-20%?) and the reduced Exhaustion gain from attacking (goes to Lucette)
Make First Aid non-exclusive, remove the first rank of the skill so it starts at 50%, roll Bedside Manner into it, make its status tick on time rather than actions, give it some success/community desire requirement as a support skill
Do... Something with Cooperator. (it's not a terrible buff, but it has a short duration and it's a boring skill to use)

Some things:
Some of the earlier designed skills definitely seem to have expected that the player would have more skill points available than has ended up happening. The game actually supports Skills going up to 5 ranks, but now it sounds absurd to expect anyone to ever sink that many points into anything.
I've felt like there's a lot of Fury skills but yeah when you list them out like that there probably do need to be more Fury generating options.
Defensive Array rank 2 doesn't require Warding rank 2 to get the full benefit of.
I would be more inclined to increase the duration of Thorns effects than make it only tick in combat/work against traps, though I don't have a strong reason for that.
Sprout should be increasing stacks every floor regardless of if you go back to camp or not. If it doesn't that's a bug.
I like how I have repeatedly nerfed Purity over several different versions and it's still so strong.
I think I'd rather have Smite be easier to use more often (in some way I'm not sure of) than up its power.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
You underestimate how much I like talking about my game. This is actually the kind of thing I'd like to see more of from people, but I also know that there is a certain degree to which balance is subjective/a moving target.
And here I've been trying to avoid talking too much, especially about balance for that same reason. (Well, that and I'm not as comfortable discussing things that are "disputable" - "subjective facts", you might say - so I'll probably still usually avoid it.) I actually trimmed a paragraph from my last post about Thorns, where I pretty much shared their opinion that it *really* doesn't feel good to have it be consumed while resting. Chests too, although that's only a single charge lost instead of 10. I can accept it being consumed on traps, though, as I consider that a form of "fighting", and you could even make a skill that causes Thorns to help against traps. Maybe call it "Tangled" and have it increase the amount of time for the trap to rearm. But losing a whopping 10 stacks every time you rest sucks, especially when that same issue doesn't apply to Charge or Fury, and you can even *gain* those from resting. There are probably some other self-buffs that feel like they shouldn't be lost on resting.

(Edit: Unrelated thing I just realized about Thorns. The reason the "Quintessence" spell has that name, and the reason it's able to be taken as a starting spell, is because Melos's symbol is a tree/plant. The Quintessence spell causes those you scry to receive Melos's protection in physical form. Perhaps this connection between Melos and Thorns can be further explored through other skills or scenes...)

I also came to the conclusion that Lucette needs some help.
Oh yes, that's definitely something I've felt in her exclusives, though I figured it might just be my playstyle of never grouping up. But then again, if a whole-ass character is objectively inferior when not using a particular playstyle, that is kind of an issue... But I've never really felt that to be the case because of how many "pseudo-exclusive" skills she has from her stat spread, which make her feel great and unique if you ignore the fact that I *could* give those same skills to the others if I actually took stat points. I love "Magic Knight Lucette" from both a gameplay and thematic standpoint (and I'm sure you don't disagree since you gave her the first curse-reliant scene with a "sensitive to magic" theme).

But then, Privitarium described the stat point requirement for Raine to learn Charge skills as easier than the time requirement to teach Lucette Battle Thirst (which is indeed quite a time investment), which is kinda :eek: to me. On that note, are there plans to include something that gives stats in the future, and isn't a mutually exclusive choice? Along the same line as skill scrolls?

Some of the earlier designed skills definitely seem to have expected that the player would have more skill points available than has ended up happening. The game actually supports Skills going up to 5 ranks, but now it sounds absurd to expect anyone to ever sink that many points into anything.
Oh yeah, there's something I keep forgetting to bring up about that. Currently, it feels kind of pointless to actually *have* a specific scroll 90% of the time. Since they can be instantly memorized/blanked and taught in the same amount of time as teaching directly from the scroll (which is still better than the alternative, because I'd never consume a non-memorized scroll), the only thing actually having it does is let you bypass desire requirements. Those requirements can be circumvented easily enough with time, and lots of skills don't even have desire requirements, making their scrolls no better than a blank scroll once they've been memorized. One thing that I think would make the specific scrolls feel better would be to let you teach their skills without a time requirement, so that using it directly always has a clear benefit over blanking it and then teaching the skill.

(Of course, the inability to sort/shorten the massive scroll list is also an issue that needs to be sorted out, but I assume that's on the to-do list already.)

Sprout should be increasing stacks every floor regardless of if you go back to camp or not. If it doesn't that's a bug.
There are probably a lot of things not working properly with that mechanic, since most people would use it so rarely. I initially thought the days not progressing was a bug, then I realized it made more sense than them having not slept in a week. Although you'd think charging through half the dungeon at once would have them returning at a later time of day... Are they actually just spending a few minutes at a time in there before heading back to camp to jill off and relax? TFW clearing dungeons is just a casual hobby for them.

Curses which seem out of place in an H-focused game:

In my opinion, anything which can’t also contribute to the games themes doesn’t belong, but I can be a bit too Spartan.
I disagree there, especially as this isn't *only* an erotic-themed game, and there's plenty of other stuff that isn't exclusively erotic. Having curses that aren't entirely lust-based helps reinforce the fact that Eschahn isn't just some misunderstood goddess of love (and beauty and just expressing emotion in general), she's also an invader who's trying to gain a foothold and overpower those who are trying to stop her. (I mean, setting aside the rape spiders and the rape tentacles and the haunted rape room, this lady also employs maids who try to straight up murder the knights.) To say nothing of how her own interpretation of "benevolent" is probably pretty skewed. I find that the fanbases of games like this tend to have too much of an "evil goddess of corruption is actually the good guy" sentiment, and while it's great to have some nuance that shows her as more than a one-dimensional villain, it's just as important to have a reminder of why you're fighting against her. Even if she can potentially learn and grow and become someone who deserves to stand alongside her rivals, she probably needs to be smacked around by some heroes who themselves wield the power of love (brainwashed or otherwise) first.

(And if she doesn't learn from that, a healthy dose of Melos Mind Control can turn her into the Slave-Goddess of Love and Devotion, who serves all of humanity as her Masters and Mistresses. Win-Win!)

...Yup, still gotta try not to talk too much.

Last edited:

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
There are probably some other self-buffs that feel like they shouldn't be lost on resting.
There isn't really anything stopping me from tagging status effects as "Positive" or "Negative" and only having negative ones decrease on resting, I just haven't done it and there's probably some balance implications that I haven't thought of in doing so.

(Edit: Unrelated thing I just realized about Thorns. The reason the "Quintessence" spell has that name, and the reason it's able to be taken as a starting spell, is because Melos's symbol is a tree/plant. The Quintessence spell causes those you scry to receive Melos's protection in physical form. Perhaps this connection between Melos and Thorns can be further explored through other skills or scenes...)
haha lore
1674333882063.png

On that note, are there plans to include something that gives stats in the future, and isn't a mutually exclusive choice? Along the same line as skill scrolls?
Yes, but I'm not sure what form I want such a thing to take and what mechanics go along with it.

skill scrolls
Yes the whole trade-off is meant to be that Imprinting has the benefit of not having to spend time fussing about with desire manipulation, but if you were already going to do that anyway or the skill doesn't have a desire requirement then it isn't much of a benefit. I'm pretty much still fine with that?

Staying in the dungeon
Actually does give a bonus now (that isn't surfaced anywhere and people may or may not notice), but it might not be the one that I end up sticking with.
Also you can never sit through the intervening time in camp, but you're essentially gone to the dungeon for 6 time slots. There are 16 time slots total, meaning that each time slot is 1.5 hours. Assuming you leave to the dungeon sometime in the middle of daytime 1 (of 6), the squad is at the dungeon for somewhere between 7 to 9 hours.

employs maids who try to straight up murder the knights.
They are clearly cleaning.

Privitarium

Oct 25, 2017
Split Brawler into the bonus to attack from base physique (goes to Raine, might also be buffed up to 15-20%?) and the reduced Exhaustion gain from attacking (goes to Lucette)
Sounds good, though I think Brawler should get a different side benefit (weaker(?) than Exhaustion heal) rather than buffing the Physique bonus or it will, like Cooperator, feel boring to use even if it's effective.

The game actually supports Skills going up to 5 ranks, but now it sounds absurd to expect anyone to ever sink that many points into anything.
Yes, the main limiting factor besides scrolls is time, which is used also used for research, prepping spells, spending time with knights, hypnotising knights, and occasionally sleeping (which can often be sidestepped by not researching). Usually on my dungeon-clearing runs, all my time is spent on scrolls and hypnosis to meet skill req.'s to only just manage to spend all my scrolls. Accounting for different sleeping times to apply scrolls sometimes made it awkward, but that was just part of the management side of the game I thought.

Ah, I misunderstood and didn't think it worked regardless of camping and steered clear of it, so I haven't actually tested it to KNOW whether it works as intended. Perhaps the wording could be changed to say, "3 multiplied by the floor level" or similar to make it clearer?

I like how I have repeatedly nerfed Purity over several different versions and it's still so strong.
To be honest, on my dungeon-clearing runs I've only really felt it necessary on Lucette who takes hits so often she would easily downward spiral without it. Purity, Smite, and Extraction are the first skills I teach her in camp. But yes, if I take a sudden hit of 10 or so temp. Corruption, I usually accept a curse, apply Purity at camp, and the remaining temp. Corruption after camping dissipates quite easily.

I think I'd rather have Smite be easier to use more often (in some way I'm not sure of) than up its power.
Sounds good, just worried if it overlaps too much with Opening Strike or Spellsword.

But then, Privitarium described the stat point requirement for Raine to learn Charge skills as easier than the time requirement to teach Lucette Battle Thirst (which is indeed quite a time investment), which is kinda :eek: to me.
Yeah, in my dungeon-clearing runs I usually take 3 stat points, a curse, then another 2 or so stat points depending on how low I keep temp. Corruption (ie. take more curses to alleviate Corruption Waves). In newgame+, this allows me to get each character's 3 highest stats to their cost threshold (2 points to increase) while keeping their Permanent Corruption between 8-15 pretty consistently by the end of the 10th floor.

I disagree there, especially as this isn't *only* an erotic-themed game, and there's plenty of other stuff that isn't exclusively erotic.
That's fine. This is a hobby project so I'm not sure of the planned scale of the final product and am only assuming it will be kept tight and focused like a short story. If one wants to keep the game more focused, then with all the future stuff planned then it would be wiser to trim the fat, so to speak. NRFB has said she's not strictly a lust goddess, so I'm fine with them especially mechanics-wise. I still feel that as "blessings" offered in the shrines, Paranoia and Craven are much harder to justify as having some twisted upside story-wise than even, say, Recluse. But that can change depending on how the story develops.

Yes the whole trade-off is meant to be that Imprinting has the benefit of not having to spend time fussing about with desire manipulation, but if you were already going to do that anyway or the skill doesn't have a desire requirement then it isn't much of a benefit. I'm pretty much still fine with that?
I also feel fine with how the scrolls work as is. I would say, there are more skills that feel easy to blank either because the skill is too weak to warrant ever getting or the Drive req.'s for the character I intend them for are easy to meet. Very few skills are both valuable and have a high Drive req., which makes getting one randomly feel nice, but only if you manage to get it BEFORE you've taught the skill already. If skills were more balanced, it would make blanking scrolls harder and more of a build/management choice and feel less like there's just a bloat of weak skills to act as blanking fodder.

Actually does give a bonus now (that isn't surfaced anywhere and people may or may not notice), but it might not be the one that I end up sticking with.
I thought that might be the case, but doing the first 3 floors in succession hasn't reliably given me more scrolls than not for me to be certain it worked that way.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
haha lore
1674333882063.png
L O R E

L O O T

L O R T

(I feel like I've seen those before but can't think of where it would be?)

Would this imply the existence of heart-engraved Eschahn coins? That would require a mint somewhere in the dungeon, but that honestly wouldn't even surprise me. But would there even be anyone in or around the dungeon who would accept Melos and Syra coins? Maybe offerings to shrines, but why would there be any-- Ooh, what if the previous knights built makeshift shrines to Syra throughout the dungeon to try to stave off the corruption? At least, that's what the party assumes, until they start inexplicably encountering shrines to Melos as well... (Possibly built by the Witch. A heretical seeker of forbidden magic would surely respect the goddess of knowledge, and we can't completely rule out the possibility that she's secretly Melos herself.)

Yes, but I'm not sure what form I want such a thing to take and what mechanics go along with it.
^ Syra Shrine

I'm pretty much still fine with that?
Hmm. Well, all I can say is that it tends to be unsatisfying to find different flavors of nothing.

Oh yeah, I think I heard this... somewhere? But when I plowed through six floors at once, I felt like I was getting significantly fewer chests. Could be RNG, though. I didn't mention it in the "things probably not working" with that mechanic because I couldn't confirm whether you actually said it was a thing.

(By the way, should I be expecting a hotfix sooner than the next update?)

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
occasionally sleeping (which can often be sidestepped by not researching)
For what it's worth, not sleeping does decrease your max Control when manipulating desires.
Also I'm adding chance to pass out from lack of sleep to spell prep, though there is good news in that I'm buffing it to only 1 time slot.

Ah, I misunderstood and didn't think it worked regardless of camping and steered clear of it, so I haven't actually tested it to KNOW whether it works as intended. Perhaps the wording could be changed to say, "3 multiplied by the floor level" or similar to make it clearer?
Well it only starts counting at the first floor a character has learned it, so 3*Floor count isn't accurate either.

That's fine. This is a hobby project
You say that, but I am currently full time on this since I'm between jobs and would very much rather do this than go back to corpo work. I will admit that I'm not taking off too quickly in terms of money though. Not that it's a huge deal, and I'm probably just not advertising right/in the right places but yeah.

something something please consider the patreon etc

feel less like there's just a bloat of weak skills to act as blanking fodder.
Putting in new skills is just fun for me and balance is hard, but at the very least the system means that scrolls pretty much always have SOME value.

(I feel like I've seen those before but can't think of where it would be?)
Coins for scrying to.

Oh yeah, I think I heard this... somewhere? But when I plowed through six floors at once, I felt like I was getting significantly fewer chests. Could be RNG, though. I didn't mention it in the "things probably not working" with that mechanic because I couldn't confirm whether you actually said it was a thing.
Well it's only increasing the upper bound. Doesn't guarantee anything. I can double check it though.

(By the way, should I be expecting a hotfix sooner than the next update?)
New version coming soon-ish probably, yeah

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Well it's only increasing the upper bound. Doesn't guarantee anything. I can double check it though.
You know, I wonder if it would actually be more satisfying if it increased the minimum even if it didn't increase the maximum? Basically giving you "better RNG". Especially when it's only happening as a result of deliberately "chaining" things, like a pity rate in a gacha game, or shiny-hunting in Pokemon. Maybe it could increase the odds of rare threats, too!

DrewLichter

Oct 5, 2019
For example support skills in general were OP before corruption waves were added to incentivize splitting up, but with that on top of adding more curses that are only dangerous when grouped, support is quite weak right now. That whole conversation has been flipped upside down just because of added mechanics.
I feel like there should be a sandbox mode where people who want to play the game without being bogged down with the mechanics of it; something like "Permanent Corruption caps before ending your run (at 90 so you cannot lose your run), no max floor count". That way I can ask for a difficulty bump on the main game without feeling too bad.

Now onto my main point; either NG+ is too strong or grouping is still too strong. Played the latest version and I think I managed less than 15 total permanent corruption by doing the following:
1) Go back to camp at the end of each floor (Is there a reason why we wouldn't do this? Camp helps progress and you have a limited amount due to there being a max floor so you get more hypnosis scenes in)
2) Rest whenever one/two of your party is no longer well rested. Switch leader to whoever is in the best condition. Have the other two follow the leader
3) Aggressively scry for new floor
4) Upgrade defense/purity/support skills and then whatever
5) Research all curses and make sure every curse is either fully embraced or rejected.
6) Always accept new curses and research/witch reveal them

The way corruption waves work, max level curses are pretty much unaffected by corruption waves so you can ignore those. You lose the skill associated with the curse when the girls shake them off but you get enough scrolls to blank cover for the loss fairly easily.

The problem is, 3x people taking on a threat is so much more effective even without support skills and you can manage corruption waves by funneling them to curses you choose.

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Twitts.

"You know, I'm something of a Spiral Warrior myself."

Lore time? Lore time.

Mutually exclusive smug: (n)

Twice the smug because we can choose which gender to watch from the research notes instead of having to start a new run with a different gender: (y)

4.50 star(s) 25 Votes