Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018
LOTS NEGATIVE
- one of the dumbest ways to distinguish between free / patreon versions.
- two MCs do not work. Already in this version, one got all the fun and the other pulled under the keel and refused everything.
- if those two MCs start pulling the NTR towards each other, then it's the last nail in the coffin.
- I will hardly play the next version unless radical changes are made to this.

EDIT: V0.2 that is no longer the case. Now that there is only 1 MC here and the option menu is "normal" this game has been greatly improved. This is practically a completely different game than that version 1. If all the games improved in this way when complained about, then there would be no more bad games.

EDIT2: That is, the game is brought to NTR so all the praise I pull back. CH3 becomes NTR so all praise for this has been nullified. I don’t know what the fucking idea is to ruin a good start to the game with NTR and throw a big chunk of players out of the game. Because haters leave with the same door opening when the NTR is carried in.

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Ntr planned or not ??
If yes, this one is not for me
It's seems to me that it will be difficult to avoid. We have two male protagonists, who seem to be acting at cross-purposes. If a possible LI is available to both MCs, one of them is going to get there first. And it's not as though we pick the MC we want at the start of the game. It appears as though we are supposed to switch back and forth.

For NTR fans, I guess you could play it to favor one MC as opposed to the other, and sabotage that other one. For non-NTR fans, I have no idea how this can work.

I've played a few multiple-MC games where one is male and the other female, and had no problem with that. But this is a new situation for me. I don't know if I can play this one.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
It's seems to me that it will be difficult to avoid. We have two male protagonists, who seem to be acting at cross-purposes. If a possible LI is available to both MCs, one of them is going to get there first. And it's not as though we pick the MC we want at the start of the game. It appears as though we are supposed to switch back and forth.

For NTR fans, I guess you could play it to favor one MC as opposed to the other, and sabotage that other one. For non-NTR fans, I have no idea how this can work.

I've played a few multiple-MC games where one is male and the other female, and had no problem with that. But this is a new situation for me. I don't know if I can play this one.
superwriter's "secret summer" had something like that going on in its debut release. but yeah obviously it didnt work out for the same reason i believe.

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
So. Another game with a damned paywall? Y'all really need to advertise that on the first page on here. Or does the Patreon Unlock Choice Save unlock the game so we can play it? If not, like I say, y'all need to tell us before hand.
The Patreon Unlock Choice save unlocks choices.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
Ok... let's gro trough the pros and cons...

PROS

1.- The setting is pretty original, not your tipical College freshman stuff. I actually think a mafia story with double agents and undercover cops is pretty damn cool.

2.- The art and the characters is pretty good. Nothing to write home about, but is above average from what I've seen in this place. And the sex is good

3.-I actually think controlling two characters is pretty damn cool concept. In paper it could make the story a lot more dynamic and build an interesting narrative from two perspectives.

CONS

1.- The paywall stuff, ok there is no way around this...paywalls suck and hiding potentially better outcomes from situations because we didn't subscribe to your patreon is scummy as hell and a pretty bad way to incentivate people to keep playing. It's ok if you wanna make some content exclusive to patreons, but at least make it side content, like a romanceable character that wont appear at all if you don't pay. But hiding potentially better outcomes is a bad look.

2.- The dual protagonist thing could be done better. Being able to use the knowledge I get from one protagonist to influence my choices as the other protagonist makes no sense and we shouldn't be able to do that. I think it would be better if we get the chance to punch the idiot BEFORE knowing it was a set up to take our position.

3.- While I can see the value in having 2 protagonists with different personalities, obviously one of them is pretty unlikeable, and I think it would be cool to have us root for both protagonists instead of having us wanting one of them to die already.

4.- No default names, Is fine if we want to insert ourself and put our own names and stuff but at least give us the option to use some "canon" names so we can use them when talking about the game with other people.

It would be better if the double agent gets a more rogueish and charming personality, a morally gray, charismatic guy that has his way with words and always acts like a gentleman while the undercover cop is a genuine good guy but has a hard shell and rarely opens up when talking about his emotions, he tries to do the right thing but struggles to relate with other people for fear of putting them in danger for his troubled past. I can see myself rooting for those guys.

Laurne

Aug 2, 2021
Well nice game 2 characters... But I prefer zoe with the mc he kissed.. Other one look like assole... Waiting for next update... Please when was next update date

Reactions: Ker_

Ker_

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
Hi all!
I should say right away that I didn't want to post here for a long time.
I think for most new devs the first reactions to their game play a huge role, and I didn't want the negative comments to affect my desire to continue development.
However, I now see a definite result in the form of people who have decided to support me on Patreon, and I definitely think it's a good start and I'll keep developing.
So I decided it would be right to comment on my position now, so that others can adequately judge the situation.
1. I'm very grateful for constructive feedback, whether it's positive or not. I have really thought through what some people have written TheRequestor paust.alex Ragnar (and others) and will make adjustments to further develop the story:
- Regarding NTR. Going forward, a full-fledged romance line will not intersect between the main characters. The romance with the main female characters will only be available to one of the heroes. For the other, it will only be a normal interaction, regardless of the decisions made. (The exception is Grace, since the first part is already done and Miller could have slept with her. But it's all in your hands here).
And yet some might say that there should be a tag optional NTR. I'm not going to argue, perhaps that's fair. But then again, I have no intention of making an NTR game. It just so happens that I have a female character who is in a dependent position, and if a player intentionally wants to create NTR situations for himself, he can do so. But I won't in dialogue or sex scenes in any way intentionally play up the NTR fetish.
- About the two characters. You may think it's a bad idea, that it won't work, etc. But let's not make any predictions. I am aware of the complexities and try to foresee everything so that it ends up being a plus for the game. For those who think it's impossible, remember Detroit Become Human. And a bunch of other games, books, movies, etc.
I took your concerns into account, and I already wrote above that I'll split the romance lines completely. Also, I'm thinking about either adjusting Miller's character to make him more interesting to play, or putting more emphasis on Willson's story. I won't keep one character, as the second character helps me make the story more complex and show it from different angles.
- About the blocked choices. Ok, this is where I completely do not understand some people. Most developers release versions for Patreons. And many, either do not release free versions at all, or release them with a significant delay, or put out only the previous version for free, and the new version only for Patreons.
I put out a free version, leaving 5% of the content for Patreons. And you write how awful and unfair this is and that I'm an asshole.
Explain to me, what am I wrong? You have the right to play for free and not pay me a cent for my work. You don't have to play at all if blocked choices are critical to you. You can eventually download a pirated version, as people do with 99% of the games on this forum. And I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm not a fighter against piracy. Feel free to play.
But I do want to keep some of the content to thank the people who decided to support me. You don't have the financial means to do that? Ok, no problem. There's f95 for that. But why write about how blocked content isn't fair?

Sorry for such a long post, I just hope that my position will be clear. Because getting feedback is important to me and f95 is a great place to get it. But reading that the game is bad because there are blocked choices, sorry but that's a waste of time. I'd like to dot the I's and cross the T's on this issue.

Ker_

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
Well nice game 2 characters... But I prefer zoe with the mc he kissed.. Other one look like assole... Waiting for next update... Please when was next update date
Hey thanks:)
I'm working on it, but I can't give you an exact date. If the size will be the same as the first chapter, then not less than two months. But maybe I'll do more frequent and shorter releases.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
- About the blocked choices. Ok, this is where I completely do not understand some people. Most developers release versions for Patreons. And many, either do not release free versions at all, or release them with a significant delay, or put out only the previous version for free, and the new version only for Patreons.
I put out a free version, leaving 5% of the content for Patreons. And you write how awful and unfair this is and that I'm an asshole.
Explain to me, what am I wrong? You have the right to play for free and not pay me a cent for my work. You don't have to play at all if blocked choices are critical to you. You can eventually download a pirated version, as people do with 99% of the games on this forum. And I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm not a fighter against piracy. Feel free to play.
But I do want to keep some of the content to thank the people who decided to support me. You don't have the financial means to do that? Ok, no problem. There's f95 for that. But why write about how blocked content isn't fair?
Of all the options you listed, I like the one you chose the least. However, if I can get the blocked content here at F95, I won't complain too much.

Thank you for your extended explanations on how your game will proceed. It could work. I'll check out your further releases to see how it goes.

Odlanier

Jun 23, 2020
Hi all!
I think for most new devs the first reactions to their game play a huge role, and I didn't want the negative comments to affect my desire to continue development.
However, I now see a definite result in the form of people who have decided to support me on Patreon, and I definitely think it's a good start and I'll keep developing.
So I decided it would be right to comment on my position now, so that others can adequately judge the situation.
1. I'm very grateful for constructive feedback, whether it's positive or not. I have really thought through what some people have written TheRequestor paust.alex Ragnar (and others) and will make adjustments to further develop the story:
- Regarding NTR. Going forward, a full-fledged romance line will not intersect between the main characters. The romance with the main female characters will only be available to one of the heroes. For the other, it will only be a normal interaction, regardless of the decisions made. (The exception is Grace, since the first part is already done and Miller could have slept with her. But it's all in your hands here).
And yet some might say that there should be a tag optional NTR. I'm not going to argue, perhaps that's fair. But then again, I have no intention of making an NTR game. It just so happens that I have a female character who is in a dependent position, and if a player intentionally wants to create NTR situations for himself, he can do so. But I won't in dialogue or sex scenes in any way intentionally play up the NTR fetish.
- About the two characters. You may think it's a bad idea, that it won't work, etc. But let's not make any predictions. I am aware of the complexities and try to foresee everything so that it ends up being a plus for the game. For those who think it's impossible, remember Detroit Become Human. And a bunch of other games, books, movies, etc.
I took your concerns into account, and I already wrote above that I'll split the romance lines completely. Also, I'm thinking about either adjusting Miller's character to make him more interesting to play, or putting more emphasis on Willson's story. I won't keep one character, as the second character helps me make the story more complex and show it from different angles.

Sorry for such a long post, I just hope that my position will be clear. Because getting feedback is important to me and f95 is a great place to get it. But reading that the game is bad because there are blocked choices, sorry but that's a waste of time. I'd like to dot the I's and cross the T's on this issue.
Thanks for the clarification on many aspects. Good luck

Reactions: Ker_

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Why are you making a game in the first place? Do you want money or to share your game? If you want money that's fair. You have Patreon, Subscribestar and so on so people can support your work if they want.

F95 isn't one of those sites tho. F95 is the biggest place on the internet to share and talk about western erotic games. But it's first and foremost a pirate site. Games with drm, paywalls and so on are gonna be criticized because of this. Not everything is bad tho, many people here support games. So F95 is a great showcase for devs too.

Some devs share their games for free a week after the Patreon version is released while others use online checks to fight piracy. At the end you must choose how you want to make yours but keep in mind that if you use aggressive anti-consumer practices you will be criticized.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
Hi all!

I wish you the best of lucks, this game has an incredible potential, I think most people were turned off with the dual protagonist idea because on of the main characters is kinda of an unlikeable asshole, but Im sure you can turn this around

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
same Ker as in Harem ? .. get tired of making that game ... don't really blame you after so many years ...... but would have been nice to have finished it ... oh well such is life .. gratz on this one i like it ... (y)

WeRLegion

Nov 28, 2017
Ker_

Thanks for addressing our criticism. Personally I came here to the comment section cause of the dual protagonist issue, which I really cannot see how you will be able to solve as long as they are set up against each other, and not like GTAV where the 3 protagonists are a team.
If whatever will be the best choice for one MC, also will be the worst for the other MC, you end very quickly up in a situation where you are playing both white and black in a chess game. Sure, some people like to play against themselves, but the vast vast vaaaast majority prefer to play against someone (AI/other player).

But maybe the suggestion from Zero the Shadow could resolve the problem?
It would give us players a reason to play the game more than once.
It would be easier to immerse oneself into the story.
Hopefully you would still be able to make the story more complex and show it from different angles.

Must admit I don´t remember how it worked in Detroit become human as I let my waifu have the pleasure of playing it first, and I decided to wait to play it myself until I had forgotten the most of the game. Seems like I have, so I will end this comment now and go pretend I am an android going rogue.

Wish you all the best with the further development of the game.

Reactions: AmerHST and Ker_

Ker_

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
Ker_

Thanks for addressing our criticism. Personally I came here to the comment section cause of the dual protagonist issue, which I really cannot see how you will be able to solve as long as they are set up against each other, and not like GTAV where the 3 protagonists are a team.
If whatever will be the best choice for one MC, also will be the worst for the other MC, you end very quickly up in a situation where you are playing both white and black in a chess game. Sure, some people like to play against themselves, but the vast vast vaaaast majority prefer to play against someone (AI/other player).

But maybe the suggestion from Zero the Shadow could resolve the problem?
It would give us players a reason to play the game more than once.
It would be easier to immerse oneself into the story.
Hopefully you would still be able to make the story more complex and show it from different angles.

Must admit I don´t remember how it worked in Detroit become human as I let my waifu have the pleasure of playing it first, and I decided to wait to play it myself until I had forgotten the most of the game. Seems like I have, so I will end this comment now and go pretend I am an android going rogue.

Wish you all the best with the further development of the game.
Thanks for the feedback!
Yes, I agree that the two characters create a problem. To be honest, I'm still thinking about how best to play around with this feature.
The Zero the Shadow option doesn't work for me, as it doubles the development and doesn't give me what I want - to show events that happen to other characters without the main character being involved.
For now, I'm leaning towards emphasizing narrative from one character (75% of all content), and leaving only those scenes for the second character that are necessary to reveal the plot. So it's more likely to end up with one main character and a second side character.

Odlanier

Jun 23, 2020
Thanks for the feedback!
Yes, I agree that the two characters create a problem. To be honest, I'm still thinking about how best to play around with this feature.
The Zero the Shadow option doesn't work for me, as it doubles the development and doesn't give me what I want - to show events that happen to other characters without the main character being involved.
For now, I'm leaning towards emphasizing narrative from one character (75% of all content), and leaving only those scenes for the second character that are necessary to reveal the plot. So it's more likely to end up with one main character and a second side character.
It is a good idea tbh. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Reactions: WeRLegion and Ker_
3.30 star(s) 59 Votes