• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
Ker_

Thanks for addressing our criticism. Personally I came here to the comment section cause of the dual protagonist issue, which I really cannot see how you will be able to solve as long as they are set up against each other, and not like GTAV where the 3 protagonists are a team.
If whatever will be the best choice for one MC, also will be the worst for the other MC, you end very quickly up in a situation where you are playing both white and black in a chess game. Sure, some people like to play against themselves, but the vast vast vaaaast majority prefer to play against someone (AI/other player).

But maybe the suggestion from Zero the Shadow could resolve the problem?
It would give us players a reason to play the game more than once.
It would be easier to immerse oneself into the story.
Hopefully you would still be able to make the story more complex and show it from different angles.

Must admit I don´t remember how it worked in Detroit become human as I let my waifu have the pleasure of playing it first, and I decided to wait to play it myself until I had forgotten the most of the game. Seems like I have, so I will end this comment now and go pretend I am an android going rogue.

Wish you all the best with the further development of the game.
I don't know if removing the thing that makes this game special would be the solution, after all having two main characters sounds amazing...but you got a fair point on the whole "playing chess against yourself" situation...people like to feel they win at the end of a VN, if you control both forces in the story winning also means losing...

Thanks for the feedback!
Yes, I agree that the two characters create a problem. To be honest, I'm still thinking about how best to play around with this feature.
The Zero the Shadow option doesn't work for me, as it doubles the development and doesn't give me what I want - to show events that happen to other characters without the main character being involved.
For now, I'm leaning towards emphasizing narrative from one character (75% of all content), and leaving only those scenes for the second character that are necessary to reveal the plot. So it's more likely to end up with one main character and a second side character.
Maybe the 75%-25% separation could be made PER chapter, in one chapter you control mainly the undercover cop and in the next chapter you control mainly the double agent.Now you should be careful on what you show on each perspective, we shouldn't use information from one perspective to determine the best outcome in the other one because that would be kinda like "gaming the system" to get the best outcome and that takes people out of the experience. But there are ways in which one can influence the other in cool ways.

By example:

Playing as the double agent you want to get rid of one cop who is sniffing on the business of your boss, so you got a few options on how to get rid of him. You could set him up with a scandal to get him fired or you could organize a raid in a warehouse of the rival gang and decide to send him as a scout, but also leak the information to the gang so they are prepared and get rid of the cop for you. In both cases you will succeed and the cop wont be a problem anymore.

Now in the next chapter, you play as the undercover cop, trying to get up in the ranks of the organization but one of the lieutenants wants you to prove your loyalty by torturing a new prisoner...and what would you know?...if you choose the raid path the prisoner will be the cop who the double agent set up to kill, if you chose the scandal path the scene will still play out but with a random person instead of the cop and maybe afterwards you will go to a bar and see the former cop drunkenly complaining about losing his job and how the police is corrupt to the bone. That way we can see the effects of one path change stuff on the other and I think that would be pretty cool.

Another example of a more meaningful effect:

By playing as the undercover cop, the boss sends you to intercept and steal a shipment of a powerful drug from another gang. During the mission you end up beating the organizer of the operation and he surrenders leaving you with 3 options, kill him, beat him up so the cops can capture him or let him escape unharmed. If you kill him your boss will be very happy and you will rank up in the organization, if you let him be captured by the cops your boss will be happy but wont let you rank up just yet, and if you let him escape (maybe he offered you a deal?) you will get whatever you got from the deal but your boss will be mad at you and you will have to do other missions to earn his trust back.

Now in the next chapter you play as the double agent, and you need to bribe a judge so you can cover one mistake that put you in hot water. In order to do that you talk to your boss and ask him for money to bribe him, but your boss wont be in a good mood since he just discovered a rival gang just stole a shipment from him. Now, if you as the undercover cop, chose to let the organizer leave, the boss will be in a better mood and be more receptive to help you with the money since not everything was lost in the raid. If the undercover cop chose to let the organizer be captured by the police he will task you to release him in order to get the money from him but If the undercover cop killed the organizer the boss will be furious and wont give you the money so you will have to deal with the judge by yourself.

That way you can meaningfully affect the events from one protagonist with the other without even realizing it. I believe a structure of alternating protagonist in a per chapter basis has a lot of potential.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I really hate to comment on a game I haven't played, but I simply can't imagine playing against myself. I know there are people who can, for example, play chess or go against themselves, but I'm just not wired that way. Offer an option to pick one protagonist or the other and I'll happily give it a try. But at this point I'm pretty sure this one is not for me...

Edit:
With the release of Chapter 2 Ker has eliminated the 2 protagonist approach. There is only one MC and that applies to all the content from the beginning of the VN. I've played the new update from scratch and IMHO it's worth your time to check it out.

Last edited:

Ker_

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
I really hate to comment on a game I haven't played, but I simply can't imagine playing against myself. I know there are people who can, for example, play chess or go against themselves, but I'm just not wired that way. Offer an option to pick one protagonist or the other and I'll happily give it a try. But at this point I'm pretty sure this one is not for me...
Like I said, adequate feedback is very important to me, regardless of whether it's a patron or a regular player.
There have been a lot of reports from people that they don't like the two characters. I thought about it a lot, and I decided to try to do it differently.
I'm leaning towards keeping just one character and making the second character's scenes something like flashbacks, to show what's going on elsewhere at the same time.
I'm currently finishing up the renders for the second chapter and getting down to code. I'm planning on releasing the revised first chapter and the new second chapter sometime in early November.

Ker_

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
As part of the preparation for the second chapter release, I reworked the first chapter:
Redesigned storyline. Now there is only one main character, the scenes with the second character are shown as flashbacks.
Eight new dialog choices (Compared to the previous free version)
Additional storytelling on behalf of the narrator. About 1,000 words.
Slightly modified interface.
*Chapter Two is in its final stages and is scheduled for release in the first half of November as planned.
**This release is primarily intended for those who have not yet played the game. For others, I recommend to wait for the release of the second chapter, and then re-play the first one.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
As part of the preparation for the second chapter release, I reworked the first chapter:
Redesigned storyline. Now there is only one main character, the scenes with the second character are shown as flashbacks.
Eight new dialog choices (Compared to the previous free version)
Additional storytelling on behalf of the narrator. About 1,000 words.
Slightly modified interface.
*Chapter Two is in its final stages and is scheduled for release in the first half of November as planned.
**This release is primarily intended for those who have not yet played the game. For others, I recommend to wait for the release of the second chapter, and then re-play the first one.
sad to see the two protagonist concept go, but I hope it pans out at the end and delivers a satisfying story...

Ker_

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
sad to see the two protagonist concept go, but I hope it pans out at the end and delivers a satisfying story...
I, too, believe that two protagonists is possible. But then it' s necessary to make them both equally interesting and probably not directly overlapping. Perhaps with opposite goals, but still not constantly overlapping events.
To realize this I would have to redo the plot, and I already have it in general drafts ready for the whole game.
And today I generally liked the way it turned out. Now I don't have to think that it's a playable character and he has to evoke positive emotions in at least part of the players. I can use him as just an antipode to the main character.

Franky28

Oct 4, 2020
Mis a jour le 13.09.22

Bonjour, merci pour ce jeu bon graphisme petite histoire sympa. A suivre
Je recommande ! Je me suis permis la traduction en français

Version ch6 :

Hello, thank you for this game good graphics nice little story. To be continued
I recommend ! I allowed myself the translation into French

Last edited:

Ker_

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
Bonjour, merci pour ce jeu bon graphisme petite histoire sympa. A suivre
Je recommande ! Je me suis permis la traduction en français

Lien google

Hello, thank you for this game good graphics nice little story. To be continued
I recommend ! I allowed myself the translation into French
Hi! I'm glad you liked it and thanks for the translation!

Reactions: Franky28

Ker_

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
Chapter two is released!
453 renders.
9000 words.
7 animations.
It is now available for 10+ Patrons. From 09.11 it will be available for 5+ Patrons.
Saves from the remastered version are compatible. From the first version is also likely to be compatible, but it is better to start over.

35-49.png

AngelsAfterDark

Formerly 'DetroitAfterDark'
Jun 11, 2021
I went through some screeshots and I noticed all of the lewd scenes I've seen from the screenshots were of the previous MC who's now called James and none of the the current MC. I'm assuming these scenes are from the original game before he was removed as an MC. But now that he's no longer the MC how is that gonna work? , you still planning to show all of James scenes and his story but without the player having control over him?.. If that's the case then I don't see the point in removing him as an MC.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Ker_

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
I went through some screeshots and I noticed all of the lewd scenes I've seen from the screenshots were of the previous MC who's now called James and none of the the current MC. I'm assuming these scenes are from the original game before he was removed as an MC. But now that he's no longer the MC how is that gonna work? , you still planning to show all of James scenes and his story but without the player having control over him?.. If that's the case then I don't see the point in removing him as an MC.
First of all, this is only the first chapter, the screenshots of which you can see. The second one is already released, and the point of leaving only one hero was not to start from scratch, but to make adjustments later on. In the second chapter, there are no scenes with second character at all. There will be a few in the third, when I need to show what's going on in a different place.
In the first chapter, those scenes that are not important to the plot and involve a second character (mostly sex scenes) are marked as not important to the plot and can be skipped.
I might rework the first chapter considering that there's only one playable character left, but that's obviously not going to happen anytime soon and it won't affect the story.

AngelsAfterDark

Formerly 'DetroitAfterDark'
Jun 11, 2021
First of all, this is only the first chapter, the screenshots of which you can see. The second one is already released, and the point of leaving only one hero was not to start from scratch, but to make adjustments later on. In the second chapter, there are no scenes with second character at all. There will be a few in the third, when I need to show what's going on in a different place.
In the first chapter, those scenes that are not important to the plot and involve a second character (mostly sex scenes) are marked as not important to the plot and can be skipped.
I might rework the first chapter considering that there's only one playable character left, but that's obviously not going to happen anytime soon and it won't affect the story.
Oh that makes sense yeah.. I thought the previous MC will still be featured as a main character throughout the game.. But as you said it was just for the first chapter because the scenes were already done for him as an MC and I'm assuming if you had to remove those scenes the chapter would be very short.

Reactions: Ker_

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52_URM cheat

some pointers // patreon choices enable

View attachment 1375145 View attachment 1375157

choices detection/outcome

View attachment 1375147

Rename (nearly) everyone,watch this tut ->>

create your own "gallery" (label search) how to --> https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-4-1-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/post-3164612

extract attached file to *\game folder
!always save before edit!

how to use : https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-2-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/

open mod with alt+m
click the little open folder icon right upper
load a .urm file

i recommend always to play the game one time without cheats to understand gamemechanics

mod should work with future updates

this mod does not modify any game files

!use at own risk! - dont complain to dev´s /modder about broken saves/gamestates
(look for a updated 0x52_urm.rpa file every month or 2 at link above, thanks to 0x52
if you like the URM Mod consider support 0x52 --> )
mod update

Ker_

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
Oh it looks like the second chapter finally made it to f95. I hope you enjoy it, don't forget to write reviews!

3.30 star(s) 56 Votes