Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
Not the point. The point is the dev commented on how far along things are. How are we supposed to know the release date if the dev has not stated it? Patience is a virtue and in REALLY short supply in these forums.
Logic is lacking, because it doesn't make sense that after 3 months a game still needs to be updated for obvious reasons.
And in this environment, what is REALLY in short supply is punctuality.

What abounds are abandoned projects.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Logic is lacking, because it doesn't make sense that after 3 months a game still needs to be updated for obvious reasons.
And in this environment, what is REALLY in short supply is punctuality.

What abounds are abandoned projects.
Some of the top games are only updated once or twice a year. What's wrong with that? If you're contributing then complain on Patreon, or don't give them any money. Does complaining help anything at all? Are you worse off today than yesterday if a game is not updated? I keep my expectations for these games low and then I'm not disappointed. But let us know if the complaining helps.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
Some of the top games are only updated once or twice a year. What's wrong with that? If you're contributing then complain on Patreon, or don't give them any money. Does complaining help anything at all? Are you worse off today than yesterday if a game is not updated? I keep my expectations for these games low and then I'm not disappointed. But let us know if the complaining helps.
Apart from the fact that I don't understand what makes you think I'm complaining (more than anything it seems to me that you are complaining about users who do not think like you), you don't deserve answers because from what you write it is clear that you are a passive spectator and from my point of view it is an anomaly.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2017
He complains because deadline was given and not met.

Besides, this is a forum and we're in a discussion thread for a game.
Can we have a meaningful discussion in peace, without lecturing from enlightened ones?

Dax, being defensive is the worst thing you could do in current scenario, stop arguing with people. Do you argue with clouds because it rains? Make a note that people are restless because of Molly's bad luck lately, recognize it, it's an objective reality. That's what being a professional means, accepting that circumstances changed and you must adapt, not shutting down and being defensive.
It is what it is.

After all, aren't the point of this creative endeavour is to provide entertainment to people? To provide customer service? You're making it look like that Amy Baking Company episode from Kitchen Nightmares.
Bad choice.
People want high quality, that's why they're critical.
Yes-man want comfort, that's why they're defensive.
Ask yourself, what do You want at the end? High quality game or uncritical comfortable thread?
Get a grip. :coffee:

Last edited:

DaxOfAllTrades

Goblin Lover
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Get a grip. :coffee:
I think this is the only statement that's actually made me feel defensive.

If someone like you posted "Damn, you guys missed the mark on your deadline. Do better." That's fine. I'm going to take that to heart.
If they post "OMG WHERE UPDATE" after literally days earlier in this very thread I posted an update saying "it's gonna be a while sorry for the wait" I'mma call 'em dumb.

I don't care if people are critical.
I do love the amazing support and unending positivity that people give. I've also taken quite a few of critiques on this thread directly to Molly.
I get people are unhappy that we missed the goal. We aren't happy either.

I want this thread to be a place where people come with well thought out concerns and issues. What I don't want in here is people bitching for the sake of bitching going "taking too long", "game abandoned", "why game taking longer than 3 months makes no sense." Bunch of people who know less than nothing ruining the forums with their existence.

PS
lol no, my job isn't customer service. I just like tell you all what's going on and talk shit on people I think are dumb. I'm just as much a random forum user as am an assistant dev.

stingneling133

Jun 17, 2021
We're gonna take a commun ground: Metallica. Some of us like them, some of us don't. You have the right to buy their music or not. Right is a privilege not an option. Do you really think the Metallica's musicians cares about you when they create music? When they write an album? They don't give a d... about us. You still have the right to buy the next album or not. An artist doesn't give a d... about your needs, he create because he's an artist. On the other hand, you have people who only wants your money, and those people are gonna create exactly the sh... you wanna play to get your money. If you don't see the difference between an artist and a profiteer, get a life... I love you guys, but there's a life out there, try it.

ogKimra

Nov 13, 2021
Since I know not all of you are on Discord:

Hey degenerates! Dax here to give you all a mini update. The update is going a little slower than planned. Molly, in his infinite wisdom, wants to make the update to be the best it can be. While most of the content is done, there's still a little bit more on the writing front and final touches to be put on this next update.

Time frame... is kinda out the window for the moment. Unfortunately real life does come first and it's been kicking in overdrive these past couple of weeks. I know we'd all love for this to be our full time job with concrete objectives and deadlines, but it's still just a hobby passion project for the time.

The cooking overall is slow going, but I promise you it'll be worth the wait. Amelia's looking absolutely delicious, and we can't wait to share her update with you.
Hey, is the discord patreon only? Thankyou for your game btw absolutely loved it!

4.20 star(s) 81 Votes