vahe

Apr 10, 2018
This is a good game, but maybe find a way to remove the sound in the video clips or otherwise compress them, because 2 gigs is a lot of space for what actually shows up in game

bobmiginnis

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
This is a good game, but maybe find a way to remove the sound in the video clips or otherwise compress them, because 2 gigs is a lot of space for what actually shows up in game
They are already compressed to mp4's looking at the property of the images folder theres 397 files, which at least 300 of are movies. The total size is 1.19gb. That averages out to about 4mb per video file. I promise it wont exceed 2gb as i plan to make a more free willed sequel starting in the next few months.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
may possible, maybe not...

try to see if you can convert mp4 into webm. that would reduce to something around 800kb per video.

but like i say, i dont know if mp4 can be converted into webm... hmm, i guess its possible as avi can be, soo mp4>avi>webm...
but i m not pro :/

bobmiginnis

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
may possible, maybe not...

try to see if you can convert mp4 into webm. that would reduce to something around 800kb per video.

but like i say, i dont know if mp4 can be converted into webm... hmm, i guess its possible as avi can be, soo mp4>avi>webm...
but i m not pro :/
most of them were converted from .webm format, the mp4 format they are in is actually more compressed (they are fairly high res movies), also webm doesnt work on ios devices which was part of the reason for conversion

Addictions

Jan 5, 2018
Could you share what the news on your patreon is about? It seems like there will be a 2nd Goo Manji, so is his being continued or abandoned?

bobmiginnis

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
You had me in the beginning, game. Then you lost me with all the submissive content.

I'll pour one out for the chad mc I once knew!
few more endgame lines for the submissive path then ill move on to the sequel release which should be more open world and variable based so you can play as you want. Trying to keep everyone happy isnt easy

Reactions: RanchFTW

bobmiginnis

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Could you share what the news on your patreon is about? It seems like there will be a 2nd Goo Manji, so is his being continued or abandoned?
i'm planning to finish a few more lines on the sub path then start a more open world sequel, this edition was more of a game engine test to see what sugarcube and twine were capable of and how quickly the videos would balloon the game (rather quickly it turns out). In the sequel im hoping to do a more variable based open world play as you like sort of deal, so it would be less on rails and more of a real choose your own adventure.

Goobercreek

Aug 6, 2016
i'm planning to finish a few more lines on the sub path then start a more open world sequel, this edition was more of a game engine test to see what sugarcube and twine were capable of and how quickly the videos would balloon the game (rather quickly it turns out). In the sequel im hoping to do a more variable based open world play as you like sort of deal, so it would be less on rails and more of a real choose your own adventure.
My only concern here is that the game balloons out with feature creep that plague these kind of games.
Having a relatively small, self contained story such as this game let you finish man different paths quite quickly. We've all seen too many Version xxx games that are so bloated that there is no end in sight and the dev gives up.

anminter17

Sep 8, 2017
I don't know if someone already asked for this or if is technically possible but since there are frequent updates (yay!) and the game growed past the GB size would be great to have some sort of incremental download (like the new HTML and only the new/modified media). Otherwise great work until now, one of the most promising html game i played in the last year for sure. :)

xelorplane

Apr 16, 2018
pls don't post updates until u have made big changes and added enough content for us to waste our precious time on.

RanchFTW

Donor
Oct 21, 2017
few more endgame lines for the submissive path then ill move on to the sequel release which should be more open world and variable based so you can play as you want. Trying to keep everyone happy isnt easy
I agree with the poster above me. Don't worry too much about pleasing everyone. Make the game you want.

I do understand the impulse to try to please as many people as possible whether out of a want to make everyone happy, or a more realistic monetary reason. However, when dealing with extremes, it's going to be hard to keep both sides happy. I am most definitely a more dominant/harem type of gamer, but I'm not bothered with the inclusion of submissive/ntr type play as long as the routes are equal and they're avoidable. That said, many are not as chill I suppose, and that's why there's a lot of loud opinions on those very different directions to gameplay.

I am curious, what is the game state for the "canon" MC leading into your planned sequel? A more dominant MC that ended "winning" or an MC that ended up "losing" the game? It would be great if you got to either import a save or answer some questions to determine the starting MC, but that's a lot more work on your end. Regardless, I like your game, and while the last few updates haven't been my cup of tea, I recognize the work you're putting in. Good job.

bobmiginnis

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
My only concern here is that the game balloons out with feature creep that plague these kind of games.
Having a relatively small, self contained story such as this game let you finish man different paths quite quickly. We've all seen too many Version xxx games that are so bloated that there is no end in sight and the dev gives up.
i wouldnt worry too much, theres a general plan in place for this one as opposed to the current version of me winging it.

bobmiginnis

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
I agree with the poster above me. Don't worry too much about pleasing everyone. Make the game you want.

I do understand the impulse to try to please as many people as possible whether out of a want to make everyone happy, or a more realistic monetary reason. However, when dealing with extremes, it's going to be hard to keep both sides happy. I am most definitely a more dominant/harem type of gamer, but I'm not bothered with the inclusion of submissive/ntr type play as long as the routes are equal and they're avoidable. That said, many are not as chill I suppose, and that's why there's a lot of loud opinions on those very different directions to gameplay.

I am curious, what is the game state for the "canon" MC leading into your planned sequel? A more dominant MC that ended "winning" or an MC that ended up "losing" the game? It would be great if you got to either import a save or answer some questions to determine the starting MC, but that's a lot more work on your end. Regardless, I like your game, and while the last few updates haven't been my cup of tea, I recognize the work you're putting in. Good job.
i do actually have a plan for the MC, but you'll have to wait and see, wouldnt want to spoil the surprise.

TomCools

May 20, 2020
View attachment 600064

Overview:
You are forced by the school to tutor your bully, your best friend decides to help. Your mom is at home when you arrive and all four of you are sucked into playing this weird game.​

Thread Updated: 2020-05-18
Release Date: 2020-05-18
Developer: Bob Miginnis
Censored: No
Version: 0.0.10
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
DOWNLOAD
All: MEGA - -

View attachment 600061 View attachment 600063 View attachment 600064
I suggest this is a game

No_Mark

Jan 6, 2019
"domme path is finished" translation: "Creator deleted all branching paths that needed development,"

I get it, I do, better to take a step back than to bite off more than you can chew, but there's nothing more annoying than checking out an update that looks like it's added more content that you actually want, only to find out that "finished" means "pretend promised options never existed." I know tfgamessite users were whining about the lack of sissfication or whatever, because that's all that's allowed to be posted there these days, but I'd hoped you planned to go back to finished out the other path.

Idk, maybe I'll check out the 'sequel' but I'm not likely to check out future updates as I'm really sick of "nerdy guy becomes/is forced to act like a girl" it's all stuff like that is anymore, that and incest, which I personally don't understand.

3.40 star(s) 15 Votes