RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
I love this game. Art is very good for my taste and story is not linear. I mean every single choice that we made changes future events somehow even unimportant ones. There are too many characters and you can avoid whichever character you want. I supported both DmD and Eva time to time but imo, eva's game better. This depends on what you like and changes for every people. Arguing over this is meaningless.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
I love this game. Art is very good for my taste and story is not linear. I mean every single choice that we made changes future events somehow even unimportant ones. There are too many characters and you can avoid whichever character you want. I supported both DmD and Eva time to time but imo, eva's game better. This depends on what you like and changes for every people. Arguing over this is meaningless.
You are right.

Story might be good, but visuals are not for everyone.

215303j

I REALLY like this game!! One of the few ones that really gives you a possibility to decide in which direction things go. The art is good, the story is fantastic, even with a bit stereotypical characters (which I hope will be given more depth later).

But.... for such a good girl, shouldn't Ashley be a virgin at the start of the game? It seems strange that she is already quite experienced with Eric.

Also I am hoping for an easier lesbian route. I think this should be possible also in the good girl route, for example after breaking up on Eric's leaving.

Another thing I would like if Ashley could become a bit more confident, e.g. by taking self-defence lessons, especially in the good girl route.

Yooo, what's all this Eric is a wimp stuff? Simply because he's trusting of his girlfriend, gives her room, and doesn't pressure her? (...) I don't see him as a wimp at all.
I agree with this 100%. Eric is not a wimp let alone a cuck by default.

What kind of breaks that (as in: writer fail) is when you don't sleep with him and he treats you the same way either way. Not having sex with him should challenge his narcissism and he'd chase you even harder, and thus lead the mentioned possible path of redemption. But I guess the writer found an actually settled down Jack not as exciting as confronting Ashley with a series of more predators.
I'm not disagreeing with this, it could be interesting. But still as a good girl there should be a way to get Jack to stop bothering you, as presently happens in the story. My personal opinion: this guy is a creep.

Reactions: Alleykatt

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Also I am hoping for an easier lesbian route. I think this should be possible also in the good girl route, for example after breaking up on Eric's leaving.

Another thing I would like if Ashley could become a bit more confident, e.g. by taking self-defence lessons, especially in the good girl route.
It's all already planned. Both lesbian routes and Ashley's confidence. It's just a beginning of that stuff after all. I think there will be route with pretty much each girl.

I agree with this 100%. Eric is not a wimp let alone a cuck by default.
Let's be honest. Even if Eric is not weak, and not a cuck in someone's eyes, he's incredibly boooring. Probably most boring character in the game. That's a huge problem for me. Not exciting at all.

Reactions: ayyylmaooo

sissybarbie

Jul 1, 2017
I encountered the game's name several times while browsing the forum, finally decided to give it a shot. I played both good Ashley and bad Ashley and finished playing after the party at that club, Vixenn.

Wrapping my thoughts around this is a tough one. There are so many choices to make my head spin, so writing a proper review, even for such a short period of playing is darn near impossible. My hat's off to the developer efforts.

However, there are a few core problems I've found with the writing, and especially the pacing and characterization of Ashley.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

When I'll have the time I'll play and write more. Probably next weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: HerpaDerpington

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
But.... for such a good girl, shouldn't Ashley be a virgin at the start of the game? It seems strange that she is already quite experienced with Eric.
I agree. This threw me off a bit at the start. Especially when you lose a good-girl point by refusing to have sex with Eric. I suppose we all have different definitions of a "good girl".

Corrupted

Jun 28, 2017
I encountered the game's name several times while browsing the forum, finally decided to give it a shot. I played both good Ashley and bad Ashley and finished playing after the party at that club, Vixenn.

Wrapping my thoughts around this is a tough one. There are so many choices to make my head spin, so writing a proper review, even for such a short period of playing is darn near impossible. My hat's off to the developer efforts.

However, there are a few core problems I've found with the writing, and especially the pacing and characterization of Ashley.

When I'll have the time I'll play and write more. Probably next weekend.
I think you're just encountering the underlying problem when you have branching "personalities" like that. Consider Mass Effect, you have Paragon Shepard and you have Renegade Shepard. And those two storylines overlap to a much further degree than GGGB does. But Paragon Shepard and Renegade Shepard seem similar, they have completely different approaches towards their work.

Paragon Shepard always tries to embody virtue, tries to be an inspiration, and does not let the hopelessness of the situation compromise his integrity. Meanwhile, Renegade Shepard keeps his eyes on the prize (Survival of the Galaxy) and tries to get the Job done - NO. MATTER. WHAT. NO MATTER THE COST. These are two completely different approaches to problems, the idealist vs the pragmatist. But which one is "The" Shepard? The answer is, they're two different people and it makes no sense to review Mass Effect as a character study if the player has control over the character and wants the freedom to switch from Paragon to Renegade however the fancy strikes him.

GGGB deals with an underlying dichotomy of the good girl archetype that just wants to make people around her happy, and the bad girl that is in it for herself. In the story, this is written as a conscious decision "_I_ want to have fun" vs "I can't do that to XYZ". But again, they are completely different metrics, completely different ways in how a problem is analyzed and a situation is resolved. GGAshley will happily cuddle with her dad and even give her ass to him because it makes him happy, even though he is a gross fat loser. BGAshley dumps Eric and visits Wilson the Gangbanger rapist because she's hoping for a hard, rough fuck without the threat of having to commit to anything, not even her own responsibility.

The basic idea behind this GG/BG dichotomy has not been invented by this game, it's "Good Girls go to Heaven, Bad Girls go everywhere" - it's that all women are comprised of both, think angel vs devil on shoulder. Some listen more to one side, some listen more to the other. And the game is meant as a ludic exploration in both sides, with the target audience who will want to explore such a topic being women, not guys.

Similarly to Mass Effect, it does not make much sense to criticise Ashley as inconsistent when this inconsistency is a necessary result of the player's limited freedom to choose either side. The inconsistency is even acknowledged in the game mechanics, insofar you get locked out of certain "Good Girl" choices if you pick many "Bad Girl" choices and vice versa. Note how Mass Effect does a similar thing, in that you can only pick the end game "Renegade Choices" if you've "gained" enough "Renegade Points" during gameplay, so the game tries to force a certain consistency.

That "Starting out Vanilla Ashley" is incongruent with either of the two basic paths is a logical necessity.

Last edited:

Corrupted

Jun 28, 2017
I agree. This threw me off a bit at the start. Especially when you lose a good-girl point by refusing to have sex with Eric. I suppose we all have different definitions of a "good girl".
Oh, that I can explain easily. A good girl would love & fuck Eric and try to make him happy, even when sexually Ashley is absolutely not attracted to Eric, especially in the face of Chad Thundercock and the others. Both Good and Bad Girl Ash don't want to fuck Eric, both want to get torn apart by Tyrones BBC and used and abused as a cum dumpster by strong, powerful, self-determined men instead of this boring baby face. But only BGAshley actually acts on these desires, while GGAsh can barely admit them to herself.

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
I have been playing it through again trying to work out a specific path that was a sort of middle ground between out and out bad and out and out good. One thing that doesn't knit together well for me even though the writing is very good is the Eric leaving on his VSO to Africa. I have been in that situation where I did VSO in Philippines. That was like 6 months away though. The relationship I had at the time didn't survive it. We hadn't agreed to an Open Relationship but a Trial Separation where we were both free to do what we wanted to do and those are two different things.

An Open Relationship by my understanding of it has certain rules that both parties have to agree to. Okay I was screwing around and she was screwing around as well. When I got home we had both changed and evolved into different people. We had become strangers to each other even though we had been together for three years before that and had actually lived together for 18 months. She had definitely gone bad in that 6 months but then so had I. We had gone from having a lot in common to pretty much nothing in common at all.

In a later relationship after that one my then employer wanted to send me to the States for three months to train at the Companies US HQ training Centre. The chick I was dating at the time went ballistic. So ballistic in fact she threw plates, knives and forks at me. Accused me of all sorts of things in a jealous rage. She threatened to cut the ovaries out of the bitch I was sleeping with at the office, like wow! The Green Demon in her came out in force that night. She became history pretty quick after that. I note Evakiss gives Ash the option of getting mad at Eric for splitting on her to go to Africa.

I note in the writing from my perspective that Eric's family and Ash's family are both dysfunctional for one or more reasons. Eric's dad, who I think is well written so far, is a pretty creepy sort of Character and there is a hint of something incestuous between him and Iris. Well Iris would rather get drunk and sleep on the streets than go home or hang out with less than savoury characters. Eric is the good guy in all this and tries to look out for people but doesn't have the tools to do so.

I liked the way Dave resists Ash flirting with him at the Vixen. He resists her being brazen with him as well. He even helps her find a job, what a guy? He thus far is a good guy but can look after himself a bit. The kind of guy that a lot of chicks like. You can see Ash liking him for that reason alone.

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
Good girl doesnt mean that she has never had sex, she has been with Eric for 2 years, of course they have had sex and are not Virgins when the game start. She has done some experimenting Before but never something serious, so she is with this guy that "could" seemingly be thought as boring and suddenly meets alot of new (and some creepy) persons, that push her and entice her to try new things or not, thats up to you. the innocent part is not to meant to be a Virgin, just inexperienced. Yes the Open relationship part is surely feeling that is Eric is desperatley, clinging to be with Ashley no matter what ,so its her way to a more open relationship and one for Eric to suffer, how long he would be able to take it is Another matter. Dave is ,even though Jessica says boring, the guy alot of girls would be falling for irl. caring, creative, selfaserted, low key, so the perfect match probably if you want stability, if not there is always all the others ;)

Reactions: maisbordeldemerde

Corrupted

Jun 28, 2017
So, on the danger of possibly completely derailing this thread with this question, from the perspective of a guy who knew the reverse situation IRL, how did you feel about Eric going overseas?

Because, from the first time I played until now, my reaction was something like: "What the fuck you stupid asshat, are you that desperate to get dumped, you god damn faggot?" I mean, in the game world, Ashley is like world-class pussymeat even if she isn't as confident in herself, and literally the only redeeming quality that Eric had at this point was the sort of dependability and stability he offered. And then, without even consulting the MC, he decides to end the relationship. Oh wait no, he doesn't "end" the relationship, he just decides to be on an entirely different continent for a few months, and leave this prime pussymeat at home, already disappointed by how dull her high school sweetheart has turned out to be. While himself indubitably plowing an endless array of helphelper-Women in Somalia if not 2$-AIDS-laden prostitutes. Seriously fuck that guy. Of course the story is meant to give you a "guiltless" curveball towards becoming an all-out "bad girl" at that point, letting you prostitute yourself to his dad or even blow some random gangbanger at his good bye party.

Digressing... My question remains, did you sympathize with Eric when he announced he'd rather be in a third world shithole than spend time with you? And if you did, can you tell me why?

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
First, reacting like you did pretty much, wtf are you thinking dude, but thinking about it alittle kudos to you for trying to following your ideals no matter what. I kind of get him, he sees himself as kind of a nerd but he has this thing to prove to himself that if i do this then atleast i am true to myself somehow. Strong and maybe naive but atleast he did something.

T

TMWSTW

Digressing... My question remains, did you sympathize with Eric when he announced he'd rather be in a third world shithole than spend time with you? And if you did, can you tell me why?
I was just glad when the game finally gave me the option to break up with him so I could go be a lesbian guilt free.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
I actually did exactly the same thing as Eric did at his age (though I was maybe a bit younger). And got cheated on in my absence. But hey, that just goes to show that the relationship was shallow and worthless anyway. (I actually had a few opportunities to cheat myself, but was too principled.)

Corrupted

Jun 28, 2017
I was just glad when the game finally gave me the option to break up with him so I could go be a lesbian guilt free.
I think it's the combination with the avatar that made me kek a little here.

I actually did exactly the same thing as Eric did at his age (though I was maybe a bit younger). And got cheated on in my absence. But hey, that just goes to show that the relationship was shallow and worthless anyway. (I actually had a few opportunities to cheat myself, but was too principled.)
I think it just shows that "young peoples" relationships are rather flaky, as their only bonding factor is emotional and sexual support (as opposed to, say, having children together etc) and most people will tell you "Long Distance Relationships" are simply a great way to not being in a relationship without having to go through the agony of breaking up.

First, reacting like you did pretty much, wtf are you thinking dude, but thinking about it alittle kudos to you for trying to following your ideals no matter what. I kind of get him, he sees himself as kind of a nerd but he has this thing to prove to himself that if i do this then atleast i am true to myself somehow. Strong and maybe naive but atleast he did something.
It just means his "Ideals" are stronger than his need to be together with Ashley. I kind of have doubts that people go to somalia because of "Ideals", because it's not a matter of ideals. The decision is more like: "Ok I feel so sheltered and I want to see REAL people and REAL problems" or "I really really want to get away from this place/these people and I can't afford it just like that". Or because it'll look good on a CV. Or they want to feel better about their privilege by "helping", or because it'll get them "closer to god" in case of more missionary type work. In short, people do these volontary things because of what's in it for them. It's not like some clueless white kids in an african shithole would make a difference in the grand scheme of things anyways. Or when is the last time you've heard of some former VSO-turned Warlord ruthlessly taking over african countries to bring some damn ORDNUNG to these godforsaken places, Fallout New Vegas style?

Ok ok I realize people who actually did these volonteering things may feel shat upon now. Rest assured whatever else you could have done, you'd probably have done it for yourself just the same. I'm just a mean old cynic and can not see the good in anything and I'll go in the corner and be mean and grumpy there...

sissybarbie

Jul 1, 2017
I think you're just encountering the underlying problem when you have branching "personalities" like that. Consider Mass Effect, you have Paragon Shepard and you have Renegade Shepard. And those two storylines overlap to a much further degree than GGGB does. But Paragon Shepard and Renegade Shepard seem similar, they have completely different approaches towards their work.

Paragon Shepard always tries to embody virtue, tries to be an inspiration, and does not let the hopelessness of the situation compromise his integrity. Meanwhile, Renegade Shepard keeps his eyes on the prize (Survival of the Galaxy) and tries to get the Job done - NO. MATTER. WHAT. NO MATTER THE COST. These are two completely different approaches to problems, the idealist vs the pragmatist. But which one is "The" Shepard? The answer is, they're two different people and it makes no sense to review Mass Effect as a character study if the player has control over the character and wants the freedom to switch from Paragon to Renegade however the fancy strikes him.
Well said. But while the comparison may seem apt, in fact it couldn't be any different.

As you said Commander Sheperd job is to save the galaxy, meaning he has a conflict to resolve and thus a motive to act a certain way.
In Mass Effect this comes first, and the freedom to choose later. In ME1 he also has a backstory.
Meanwhile, Ashley doesn't face any conflict and has no motives to be acting the way she's been acting on the bad path.
Due to bad pacing no time was left to explore her character so the only things we actually learn about her is in the opening, and I can believe that because other characters confirm it for me.
While when she acts bad, other characters seem surprised for her sudden behaviour change.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Heh, as if i cared about him from the start. And as if someone believe that he would faithful to Ashley in Somalia. Poor Eric, i bet even author hate him.

Well said. But while the comparison may seem apt, in fact it couldn't be any different.

As you said Commander Sheperd job is to save the galaxy, meaning he has a conflict to resolve and thus a motive to act a certain way.
In Mass Effect this comes first, and the freedom to choose later. In ME1 he also has a backstory.
Meanwhile, Ashley doesn't face any conflict and has no motives to be acting the way she's been acting on the bad path.
Due to bad pacing no time was left to explore her character so the only things we actually learn about her is in the opening, and I can believe that because other characters confirm it for me.
While when she acts bad, other characters seem surprised for her sudden behaviour change.
Like someone said, it means that Ashley was in fact secretly "bad" from the beginning. Comparing this game to ME isn't so great, if Eva Kiss have so much money for development, game will be completely different. But it's just patreon visual novel, completely different genre and story, and i bet author couldn't include zillion more scenes. Even if he\she want to. Story is episodic, that's all. And we don't know much about any of characters in this game anyway. We know about them because of their actions, not introductions.

sissybarbie

Jul 1, 2017
Like someone said, it means that Ashley was in fact secretly "bad" from the beginning. Comparing this game to ME isn't so great, if Eva Kiss have so much money for development, game will be completely different. But it's just patreon visual novel, completely different genre and story, and i bet author couldn't include zillion more scenes. Even if he\she want to. Story is episodic, that's all. And we don't know much about any of characters in this game anyway. We know about them because of their actions, not introductions.
Epsidodic? So what if it is?
Yeah, this is called 'show, don't tell'. However we were told a great deal about Ashley's character in the beginning.
Her actions contradict what we've been told.

Was Ashley always bad? How did you figure that? According to Eva in the gym she's the same old boring self.

I doubt the author needs a milion scenes more to deliver a point. She (assumption) seems skilled enough to do it in a lot less.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Epsidodic? So what if it is?
Yeah, this is called 'show, don't tell'. However we were told a great deal about Ashley's character in the beginning.
Her actions contradict what we've been told.

Was Ashley always bad? How did you figure that? According to Eva in the gym she's the same old boring self.

I doubt the author needs a milion scenes more to deliver a point. She (assumption) seems skilled enough to do it in a lot less.
I figured it exactly because of Ashley's thoughts and actions. Early beginning, and she already fascinated by Jack. Where did you really see that she madly in love with Eric? I think nowhere. Introduction in the beginning was her thoughts about herself, but not who she really is deep down. She's trying to be good girl, but deep down she is bad. She don't know about it though. Jack and others just push her a little in bad route, push her towards instincts. And in good route she continue trying to be good girl, and be good to other characters, including Eric. Like someone said here. But she doesn't really love him anyway, she's not really wants to be good overall. It's like she's wearing a mask, not being true self. Other characters can't see that, not Eva, not anyone. Ashley just become free in bad route, without even really realising it herself. And she's not telling anyone about all that. They surprised when she acts bad, because they used to her "good sheep" image, that Ashley trying to be. It's just my opinion, but it does seem right to me. Yes, i agree with you that Eva Kiss could include more scenes with drama and stuff like that. But i can assume that it was kinda intentional. Myself, i'm satisfied as it is.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 381 Votes