LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
Don't get me wrong, there are certain cases where it's understandable and piracy is unavoidable to begin with but there can come a point where the pirate-vs-purchase rate gets way too lopsided. (For me personally, piracy is a "try before you buy" kind of thing.)

As long as they don't go down the RALX route it's fine. They didn't take the rampant piracy of their game so well... (planting spyware in their game, posting IP addresses and threatening lawsuits.)

Reactions: Gojii

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
As long as they don't go down the RALX route it's fine. They didn't take the rampant piracy of their game so well... (planting spyware in their game, posting IP addresses and threatening lawsuits.)
If they did that they might as well be killing their own game since supporters would stop trusting them as well.

In regards to piracy it has been shown to boost sales in the long run but jesus 93% is an overwhelming amount for sure and can't really fault them for trying something different, even if I don't think much will change since usually it's a supporter that leaks it to the pirates anyway.

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
Chiaki at the time was not a love interest, just a side character that happened to be too young for Steam. That's kinda annoying, especially that they wouldn't reconsider once RNG showed willingness to fix the "problem".

RNGeusEX

Goodbye Eternity
Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Chiaki at the time was not a love interest, just a side character that happened to be too young for Steam. That's kinda annoying, especially that they wouldn't reconsider once RNG showed willingness to fix the "problem".
That wasn't even the problem, I only learned about it recently, the real reason is actually ridiculous.

The first time I put Extra Life on steam I had the interface in French, and the tags I chose for the game were "dating sim" + "high school", college in France means school from 12 to 15 years old.

This misunderstanding resulted in an immediate ban.

CptRexx

Jun 17, 2018
That wasn't even the problem, I only learned about it recently, the real reason is actually ridiculous.

The first time I put Extra Life on steam I had the interface in French, and the tags I chose for the game were "dating sim" + "high school", college in France means school from 12 to 15 years old.

that's so stupid wtf

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
What in the hell has happened here? Every time I look at this discussion, shit's going down. Can someone fill me in?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you're a Patron, you get access to various skins, which you can use in-game. Which one do you guys like most?

Asami:

Chiaki:
1687092936931.png 1687092945803.png

Noriko:

Sakuya:

Yasuka:
1687093018866.png

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020

Oh merde, as we say. That's... Unfortunate indeed.

And there is no way to get in contact with them to explain the misunderstanding ?

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
Asumi: 3.
1 - Eh, honestly like more....endowed girls in bunny suits.
2 - This feels like a random arrangement of clothes rather than a outfit, do like the bikini though.
3 - I forgot the name of it, but it's usually added to a bikini not that kind of swimsuit but I still like it.
4- Cozy, 2nd fav.

Chiaki: 1.
1 - A rabbit theme fits her more than a fox one but, overall I like it.
2 - Holiday idol-like outfit, very fitting.

Noriko: 2.
1 - Spy girl, what's not to like?
2 - I really love simple yet attractive outfits like this.
3 - Eh.......
4 - F/GO fan so this instantly made me think of Elisabeth Halloween, for better or worst.

Sakura: Yes.
1 - I love it, next.
2 - Looks like a maid outfit so I love it, next.
3 - One of my favorite characters (visually) from that series so I love it.

Yasuka: Yasuka.
1 - I mean, it's Yasuka.

Reactions: theMickey_

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019

Gonna be real here, if the game doesn't take place IN a school there's no reason to give it a school tag regardless if the characters are in school.
On the bright side, there's a chance that they just looked at the tags and gave you the ban without even looking at your game. If so, there's a way for you to get a do over.
First, get a vpn and create a new account.
Second, rather than using your user name create something like a studio name "Aho Games" or something. (Do not use something similar to RNGeusEX)
Third, repost the game using the same name but a different language but give hints so that fans will know it's you "Sayonara Eien: Goodbye Eternity"
Finally, PAY ATTENTION when you're choosing tags. Think it over, re think it, do a third take just to make sure.

Last edited:

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
Gonna be real here, if the game doesn't take place IN a school there's no reason to give it a school tag regardless if the characters are in school.
On the bright side, there's a chance that they just looked at the tags and gave you the ban without even looking at your game. If so, there's a way for you to get a do over.
First, get a vpn and create a new account.
Second, rather than using your user name create something like a studio name "Aho Games" or something. (Do not use something similar to RNGeusEX)
Third, repost the game using the same name but a different language but give hints so that fans will know it's you "Sayonara Eien: Goodbye Eternity"
Finally, PAY ATTENTION when you're choosing tags. Think it over, re think it, do a third take just to make sure.
I mean, the developer of Paranautical Activity literally threatened Gabe Newell which got him and his game banned off Steam yet he managed to smooth things over, apologize, and get his game relaunched on there afterwards. However, I know from experience that sometimes corporate just can't be bothered to work things out and basically feel you're just not worth their time or effort.

Edited to add: Trying to "sneak" your game back on Steam is a hit-or-miss affair. Some folks have gotten away with it while others were found out and banned again. I'm not sure if the risk would be worth it. Sadly, I think the best bet is to hope they bother listening to an appeal and take a proper second look at the game.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Chris_Prat

May 19, 2017
Looks like the MC returned from the death to his self years before so he does things in other way.. I remember it was that, in fact, he remembers even about situations of his past life. Is there any explanation about this along the game, or it is what it is?? Should be original to develope this some more, I think, even introducing new characters whom have an answer about this, don't know..

4.10 star(s) 173 Votes