KenneX

Apr 21, 2019
Unfortunately the game is unplayable on my Windows 7 64bit. It's so poorly optimized it lags my PC. This is the only game on this site so far that lags so hard on my system...

Last edited:
Reactions: vasiana

sztrb

Aug 24, 2018
Game is nice. but
why using rising sun flag? :(
would you using hakenkreuz too ?
The dev has addressed it. If you read the thread you'll see it. It was an artistic choice, did not realise the flag would cause offense. Will be removing it in a future release or at least offering up an option in the settings menu.

For all intents and purposes, the game is set in Japan.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Game is nice. but
why using rising sun flag? :(
would you using hakenkreuz too ?
I guess it was because his game setting in alternate universe, and the rising sun flag even though didn't being used as national flag anymore it was still use by JMSDF and you can search about it on google so I think it wasn't controversial like with the swastika
The dev has addressed it. If you read the thread you'll see it. It was an artistic choice, did not realise the flag would cause offense. Will be removing it in a future release or at least offering up an option in the settings menu.

For all intents and purposes, the game is set in Japan.
Hell, on wiki it said civilian still use it on their daily life so I think it was not right to remove it but let see how Dev will say about it

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Well I notice that the signatures I made are not adapted to F95, I modified their size.
View attachment 1221123 View attachment 1221124 View attachment 1221125
Thank you for creating updated sigs. Also, I am glad that you are getting the Discord situation taken care of.

I guess it was because his game setting in alternate universe, and the rising sun flag even though didn't being used as national flag anymore it was still use by JMSDF and you can search about it on google so I think it wasn't controversial like with the swastika

Hell, on wiki it said civilian still use it on their daily life so I think it was not right to remove it but let see how Dev will say about it
A big +1 to this. Also, it's nice to see that there are some SJWs who care more about a background image used in everyday Japanese life more than the Discord getting hacked. Smh.

RNGeusEX

Goodbye Eternity
Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
RNGeusEX what does slut healing in planned genera means?
"Sleat healing" imagines a woman who has been so corrupted that it will take a lot of love to give her back her life

Yeah, I wanna know too. Changelog is not updated.
This is a minor change, it just changes the link that was pointing to the discord that was hacked, the 0.1.2 points to the new discord.

I will edit the changelog right away.

Reactions: ignorantCreator

LAKueiJin

Apr 15, 2020
I for one wouldn't care if it was Nazi poster OR Communist posters...and I'm both Jewish who had family lost in one of the camps in WWII AND I'm right leaning. It's not like they're advocating for what was done by any of those groups, unless you saw something I didn't (and I highly doubt that). Once the meaning was explained to them (assuming he really didn't know, I never make assumptions on other peoples knowledge), THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IT!!! It only needed to be explained ONCE. If it gets left in, that's neither your decision nor your problem...there's hundreds if not thousands of games on this site. Regardless of how offensive or inoffensive symbols are, there is no reason for them to be wiped off the face of the earth. Bad enough history being taught in schools is getting more and more sanitized so it doesn't "offend" anyone (yes I fully agree with the snowflake comment). The less history gets taught, the more the mistakes and tragedies get repeated.
I missed this reply when you first posted it and saw it now as I was browsing the thread again - I don't really disagree with you. As I even said in the post you were replying to, from what I read the dev seemed to be very charitable to the critics and agreed to replace the imperial flag as recently as the next update - if people kept pestering them about it repeatedly that's just dumb, impolite and pedantic tbh. I was against the snowflakes comment only in the sense that people need to be made aware of the history behind symbols and ideas they endorse/present, and the act of informing them of that doth not make a snowflake... But yeah, of course it's the dev's right to do whatever they want with their game, including keeping symbols of oppression if they wanted to - it's their fucking game and you can always not download/move on if you don't like the ideas espoused within.

Honestly, I think we both misunderstood each other a bit - I probably misinterpreted the snowflakes comment, seeing as some people complained more than once about the flag and the original comment most likely referred to them, and you seem to have misunderstood my position as wanting to ban all symbols of oppression, as you argued against me in this post that "there is no reason for them to be wiped off the face of the earth." I never said there is, and even though I'm a leftist I am a strong advocate of actually not just showing the symbols, but teaching in schools the ideologies of relevant modern political factions and schools of thought with direct quotes from defining texts (such as Marx's "Das Kapital" or Kropotkin's "The Conquest of Bread" for communism and anarcho-communism, or stuff like the "Doctrine of Fascism" by Giovanni Gentile for fascism) as well as crimes of war committed by both one's home country and foreign empires/regimes that claimed to follow any modern ideology, as this approach would make political propaganda less effective and equip pupils with the tools to better understand radical ideas and politics as a whole themselves, as opposed to just taking the approach of demonizing without explanation all forms of "political extremism" (as sadly many history books do) or only ever addressing "inoffensive" content, both of which only breed ignorance into society...

Long story short, we probably agree more than we disagree on this topic so I'll give you a like and apologize for not seeing and answering this sooner! (y) :giggle:

Cheers my tentacled friend!

Mar 3, 2020
So mostly I liked it, and I'm looking forward to future releases. This post is only full of complaints because I give better criticism than compliments.

A lot of the customizations of the Ren'Py UI look nice, but have significantly reduced functionality — mostly due to slow transitions. Four issues are worth calling out as a group:
  • Loading a saved game now requires navigating through three menus, instead of two.
  • The custom animated menu (the one where items fade in from opposite sides) takes much too long to complete its animation. The whole thing should take at most 500ms to finish, and preferably only half of that; instead it takes upwards of 1.5 seconds, which is an intolerable delay for UI components with which the user is trying to engage.
  • The other individual menu-screen entrance/exit transitions also take too long — mostly this is the fade-transition, rather than the item animations, but only mostly.
  • Using renpy.fix_rollback() is just cruel.
These interact to be worse than the sum of their individual infelicities. Since the usual rollback-and-revise mechanism is removed, the only way of investigating the immediate consequences of choices (or just experiencing more of the game) is to save, try a choice, and reload — and this is needlessly made much more tedious than in other Ren'Py games.

(Said consequences are never signaled by the options themselves as well as you think they are. Even when the game's author and player share a native language, there are often misapprehensions and differences of interpretation; this is rarely not made worse when a translator, no matter how skilled, sits between the two.)

Other issues include:
  • The slow scroll of the tutorial text in the beginning, which ignores the text-speed preference, is painful. It's also too easy to accidentally click past important information while one is trying to speed this up — and once you get to the name-entry screen, you can't roll back.
  • Hover-indications for in-world active elements take too long to fade in; even once faded in, they're often easily mistaken for diegetic lighting. (The entire point of highlighting mouse-responsive elements on hover is so that the user gets a clear indication that they are responsive. This has been almost completely defeated.)
  • The animated 「dojo」and 「restaurant」 splash screen sequences... are actually just fine! But this is only because they only happen once each. If you had to sit through them every time, it'd be a nightmare.

lstsho

Jul 7, 2018
3785_3702_2242.jpg

I don't know whether the developer is Japanese or not, but can you or he remove the Rising Sun Flag? As you can see from the picture that I uploaded, that was a symbol of Japanese imperialism. Many of their victims are still alive around us. As if western people feel uncomfortable when you see Hakenkreuz, we, many Asians, also feel uncomfortable when we see the flag.

4.00 star(s) 186 Votes