Sep 1, 2020
Can I just ask what the point was in changing the game engine? It seems like a very difficult and time-consuming process that resulted in little benefit.

I don't know about you guys, but I've already run into several hindering functions.

Is there really no way to skip transitions? They look terrible, take too long, and significantly reduce the game's performance (I've had it crash twice now when skipping dialogue).

There also isn't a way to make the text/dialogue appear instantly, like you see in literally every Ren'Py game. Waiting for the text to 'roll out' has to be one of the most frustrating aspects of playing any visual novel. Even RPG Maker has figured that out. Every sentence takes less than a second to read, yet you have to sit there and wait for up to three seconds per sentence before you can continue. You can "cheat" by clicking again, but it feels very clunky and still takes longer than if the text was instant. It's not immersive; it's just stupid. A book doesn't have text you have to wait for, does it?

Also, using cheat engine to skip the time in-game is unacceptable. They've removed, in my mind, a lot of fundamental VN features with this engine. I really hope they adjust this, or I'm not going to bother playing again, honestly.

It's baffling to me that they haven't included any of these features. Have they played their own game?

Sorry for the rant, just really disappointed with this update.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
There also isn't a way to make the text/dialogue appear instantly, like you see in literally every Ren'Py game. Waiting for the text to 'roll out' has to be one of the most frustrating aspects of playing any visual novel.
Good to see another another person with this same pet-peeve. Every Ren'Py game I open I instantly crank that text speed to instant/max

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
It's been a while since I've last played. Can we now help Yasuka without having to fuck her? I really don't wanna cheat on Asami.

pb03

Jun 3, 2017
I hate godot for so many reasons like the above. Such as no rollback, no text speed change, runs worse, no unren, etc
Maybe godot can do everything that renpy can, I have no idea, but if it can it seems that none of the devs know how to use it.
Why anyone would change to it in the middle of a game being developed is weird. Imagine building a game in unity and suddenly switching to unreal, or vice versa. To me that's stupid, just finish the game and stop screwing around.

Whatever dev's game they can do what they want I guess.

I liked the art, but i'm not gonna play this anymore, cuz i hate godot

Cappyman

Jan 30, 2024
Can I just ask what the point was in changing the game engine? It seems like a very difficult and time-consuming process that resulted in little benefit.
If I recall correctly they got banned on steam for having the little girl be a character even if it was a troll in the secret menu (the character strip/dress up) they tried to age her up to get unbanned and that didn't work, so they're fully remaking the game on a new engine + aging her up to hope they can get it back onto steam

edit: 1719642622830.png
might be remembering that wrong about then engine switch reason but was banned

Last edited:

townie

Oct 3, 2017
Every other transition to a different spot (often to the map) the game crashes, especially if you're clicking fast/ctrl'ing through the text. It's a good thing it saves so often but it's still painful.
But it's not the worst thing. The worst is not having an option to speed up / make the lines show instantaneously. It's absolute murder for those of us who read faster than a 2nd grader having to wait or to click twice to read a single, usually short line. Please save my fingers the added exercise.

This is one of the most pro-looking games out here, hope they can address these problems.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Yes it is now bacuase he is writhing it this way. Initially he said himself that they were all from the same family. Obviously now that he just went back on his word and writing it without incest it will not make any sense. Doesn't make this guy any more reliable.
I think that's the first person who's ever actually been fooled by the "totally unrelated landlady for real yall" schtick. Maybe they work for Patreon.

• Haha
Reactions: Big Green

Big Green

Aug 19, 2017
I think that's the first person who's ever actually been fooled by the "totally unrelated landlady for real yall" schtick. Maybe they work for Patreon.
If only... There are a lot of people like that even in this thread. Almost all of their playerbase came for the art only, so they didn't give a fuck. But now they are getting mad cause they can't play anymore on their old computers.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Sad to see the engine switch, but because of that, the game is dead, at least to me. I had it on wishlist on GOG, but switching a mediocre game with some many fuck ups in the past to a new engine, that is worse in all aspects than renpy was the last straw. Especially if I read all the negative comments. Who ever is making these dumb decisions in the dev team: get rid of him/her. The only thing, they achieved is to alienate their community. In the end, with these bad decisions, they won't make more money, but less. And if it was to fight the community to unren the files, they're fighting a war, that they can't win, especially now. Many more people will now try to figure out how to decompile the files to simply get the images.

namkalo0000

Jan 27, 2023
29.06.24 [v0.9]

Well, the game has been moved to a new engine, which means the patch doesn't work for new version.
I'll try to make the patch work, but I'm 99.999% sure I will fail.
If anyone can transfer the patch to the new engine, feel free to do so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Made an incest patch.
version: Ren'Py (v0.8.1)
feature: Eng only. mc refer to Yasuka as Mom. Changes some lines in the script; makes Noriko mc's sister.
pc install: Unzip it into the "game" folder.
i had download but i don't see any diffrent

Nikko_

May 31, 2017
My complaint there was no legitimate reason to change game engines. No reason to remake game. I find the reason game developers do this is to buy more time to get more money off the game as they have to start over from scratch and redo all the work they did before. To me when no legitimate reason it's too leech more money off the supporters.

STAT Bar is completely missing.

1. Remake Game (repeat work so don't have to progress story and leech more money)
2. Change Game Engine (unless legit reason like the engine can't support game details than it's to leech more money)

Problems with this are several cons below.

1. Supporters get screwed and have to wait for longer to finish game and often have to replay from beginning
2. Game is super buggy as developer is new with engine so it has lots of problems: crashing; laggy; and game bugs
3. Many times supporters stop supporting the game and leave after this stunt

So why do game developers think the cons outweigh the pros most of the time?
My take is that if a dev wants to change engines they should just continue from where they left off (part 1 - part 2). Despite the illusion of choice and all the variables, most games end up with only a few paths(maybe 3 in average). So a quick recap where the player defines his path can be used as a quick solution. And I write this last bit cause some devs do complicate themselves with recaps containing every effing choice instead of just a "who the f you are pursuing" or something like that..

naraz2008

Apr 17, 2022
Now I have to start over and can't skip what I've already played? I use the Android version and I can't find the save section like the old version anymore. What the hell ?

4.00 star(s) 186 Votes