bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Well here's that same folder after I extracted the project...

View attachment 3781282

Yeah I bothered, and everything is viewable and not obfuscated including scripts, images, music, vids, scenes, etc. It's either a skill issue your end or you're purposely bullshitting.
For full context I'm using
1719652313987.png

And I can tell you right now, most would have already quit, it is not as simple as extracting images like renp'y (there ain't even a f95 thread that you can easily find for godot).

Anyway, my main point was the pointlessly wasting supporters time, this issue is an aside.

But, still interested in how I get your result instead of mine. (pulling things apart successfully is fun)

RobotMenace

Feb 28, 2022
Then I must be shit or something, cause I only get this:

View attachment 3781289
What app are you using and did it give you the option to export different things? If so select everything. I'm not sure if I can post links here but I used "Godot RE Tools" from bruvzg, it is itself a Godot app so gets lots of this functionality "for free." The ".import" files just have metadata for the engine (if you open them in a text editor you'll see that) but they are useless to Godot without the actual assets.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
What app are you using and did it give you the option to export different things? If so select everything. I'm not sure if I can post links here but I used "Godot RE Tools" from bruvzg, it is itself a Godot app so gets lots of this functionality "for free." The ".import" files just have metadata for the engine (if you open them in a text editor you'll see that) but they are useless to Godot without the actual assets.
Was using GodotPCKExplorer, just tried Godotdec (gave an error of "No Files were found inside the Archive" downloading Re Tools now.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Godot RE Tools works. Although got some errors, don't know if they mean anything?

1719653447146.png
(most are along these lines)

RobotMenace

Feb 28, 2022
And I can tell you right now, most would have already quit, it is not as simple as extracting images like renp'y (there ain't even a f95 thread that you can easily find for godot).
People into pirating smut games not being familiar with Godot isn't really a problem with the dev

Anyway, my main point was the pointlessly wasting supporters time, this issue is an aside.
I get it's buggy but does it crash that much for you you haven't actually got to play the new version at all? Maybe it's because I've done gamedev but I see a lot of technical improvements and promise for the future. Especially with the new animation system used in newer scenes.

But, still interested in how I get your result instead of mine. (pulling things apart successfully is fun)
Once you actually get it extracted you'll be able to do all sorts with it. GDScript is similar to python and modability will be much improved when people get a hang of how Godot works.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I get it's buggy but does it crash that much for you you haven't actually got to play the new version at all? Maybe it's because I've done gamedev but I see a lot of technical improvements and promise for the future. Especially with the new animation system used in newer scenes.
My point is more how it's done, not that it was done.

Like... wouldn't have been hard to give a continue button. And have options to select the important choices you made. (this game doesn't have many branching paths atm).

Like I do understand technical aspects dev side, but it's a game being developed for patrons, they are the primary focus, it should be done in way where they don't have to suffer, at least too much, or in this case pointlessly. (again, a continue from button wouldn't have been hard, or much work, especially not compared to a whole new engine).

edit: To be THAT GUY for a moment, the new animation system could be so that it isn't easy to extract the videos anymore, making harder for people to simply view. Although, that tbh is a stretch, there are pros and cons with both in a game itself, pro: it reduces file size, con: can be more cpu/gpu demanding.

Once you actually get it extracted you'll be able to do all sorts with it. GDScript is similar to python and modability will be much improved when people get a hang of how Godot works.
Most extracted well, but have a few cases like this with RE Tools.

1719653586595.png

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I pirate games too but i dont fucking complain just let the devs do their thing i may not a game dev yet but i understand how they feel
stupid things... should be called stupid.

Now sure, some are going too off the rails with it.

But there are valid criticisms there as well.

Biggest imo being the lack of a "Continue" option, where you can't continue where you left off, or at the very least end of previous update.

Reason I mention this one, is because it punishes the player, for something that is supposed to be a positive (new/better game engine).

That and the fix for it, is simple. like wouldn't be hard to implement. Not as hard as changing engines that's for sure.

DaThomAss

Jun 9, 2023
I pirate games too but i dont fucking complain just let the devs do their thing i may not a game dev yet but i understand how they feel
Yea, sure. RNG took over more than half a year to release new useless update which has 5 minutes of content and ruined everything that worked before.

And the mods on his discord laughs at the fact you can't refund the game.

One more thing, it will atleast take more than a year to fix this game back to normal

Reactions: Azeroth67000

No_Name_Exist

Dec 23, 2021
I was about to buy the game in itch io at v0.8 but then one of his announcement is that they gonna change their engines to Godot so i postponed until the v0.9. but damn i'm glad i waited the release, it's hella buggy and constantly crashes.

4.00 star(s) 186 Votes