4.70 star(s) 149 Votes

cuculain

Dec 12, 2017
Found a bit of a continuity bug in which the bulter, Alfred, is in two places at the same time.

After I left Clara's room to go to the terminal to meet up with her, I decided to pop into the library to see if there's more things on the table I can look at... there stood Alfred guarding the table. Fine, guess Clara's done swimming. Went down stairs to go meet her at the terminal, got to the pool entrance, there's Alfred guarding the pool entrance. Went back up to library, dude's there. Back to the pool, Alfred's there.

There's either a bug, Alfred has teleporting abilities, or Alfred knows some secret passage ways that old British manors are rumored to have.

Reactions: The Architect

nutz104

Feb 7, 2018
I had this problem. Just unpack everything except the Info and Guide.url thing. Then it worked perfectly.
sadly the error i get is 'WinRTError: The parameter is incorrect'. i clear that away and i am let with an empty window and no files to unpack :(

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
A butler ... Hahahahhaha.
A gentleman's gentleman ... not that anyone managed to tame the shrew - Clara wild!.
Alfred never was any fighter ... Batman has him as a liability ... Clara is never around ...

AOH

Sep 18, 2017
Architect, you magnificent bastard! Great job on that peeing scene! All it lacked was some desperation beforehand or some kind of dialogue that mentioned it a bit more explicitly. Hopefully more will follow. Keep it up!

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
This game's ok... But there's this thing I fucking hate about it... which is that every single sentence ends in ellipses... and it makes it very annoying to read... so if you're considering developing this game further... please... fix... that... thanks...

Reactions: WSmith

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
This game's ok... But there's this thing I fucking hate about it... which is that every single sentence ends in ellipses... and it makes it very annoying to read... so if you're considering developing this game further... please... fix... that... thanks...
Completely agree. I would also like a possibility to stop the text crawl. I'd rather just see it pop up, since I read quicker than the crawl and it's tiring having to wait.

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Each period character displayed causes a very short pause in the text display. The ellipsis are used to create small crawl pauses between sentences while keeping the UI 'responsive' as it displays each period in independent small delays. This can be easily turned into a setting when preprocessing the text to use periods or ellipsis.
Completely agree. I would also like a possibility to stop the text crawl. I'd rather just see it pop up, since I read quicker than the crawl and it's tiring having to wait.
A click or space-bar press while the text is crawling causes it to display immediately. Using double-clicks or double space bar press to advance dialogs for example, will make text always pop-up immediately. This can also be easily configurable

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Any chance for the latest Mac build?
Updated OP with the latest Mac build.
Note that you need to extract .7z archives on Mac.

Reactions: kcoope89 and Krull

kcoope89

Sep 29, 2017
I used that and the unarchiver, and it shows the icon, but when I try to open the new version it just says "Can't be opened" Any advice?

Reactions: amcp

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
Each period character displayed causes a very short pause in the text display. The ellipsis are used to create small crawl pauses between sentences while keeping the UI 'responsive' as it displays each period in independent small delays. This can be easily turned into a setting when preprocessing the text to use periods or ellipsis.

A click or space-bar press while the text is crawling causes it to display immediately. Using double-clicks or double space bar press to advance dialogs for example, will make text always pop-up immediately. This can also be easily configurable
Yes, but this click needs to me to have my hand on the mouse at all times (which is annoying for several reasons ^^', but the most important one being a wrist injury). The second, and more detrimental reason to your game, is that it often happens one click goes too quickly by accident, and dialogue is skipped without being able to turn it back. This is not limited to your game, I've seen this happen in many different games.
Adding an automatic text pop-up, without the crawl, would be most welcome : )

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
I used that and the unarchiver, and it shows the icon, but when I try to open the new version it just says "Can't be opened" Any advice?
Sorry. I got no advice. I can reupload a .zip version later today if you don't find out

Reactions: kcoope89

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
The Unarchiver also works fine for .7z archives, but the problem is not the extractor; I did a comparison of the packet contents for version 2.1 (which works fine) and version 2.5 (which, like @kcoope89 says, can't be opened). Noticed (among other things) that various files (such as Contents/Resources/Data/globalgamemanagers), although present in both versions, are not of the same format -- in version 2.1, they are Unix Executable Files, while in version 2.5, they are simple TextEdit documents.

So extracting the archives isn't the problem; it's the actual porting to Mac that wasn't done correctly for 2.5

Reactions: kcoope89

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
The Unarchiver also works fine for .7z archives, but the problem is not the extractor; I did a comparison of the packet contents for version 2.1 (which works fine) and version 2.5 (which, like @kcoope89 says, can't be opened). Noticed (among other things) that various files (such as Contents/Resources/Data/globalgamemanagers), although present in both versions, are not of the same format -- in version 2.1, they are Unix Executable Files, while in version 2.5, they are simple TextEdit documents.

So extracting the archives isn't the problem; it's the actual porting to Mac that wasn't done correctly for 2.5
I see. If you can compare the permissions for files and folders for 0.2.1, and try to make them the same for 0.2.5, it might work. I haven't done any changes to the files that was published by the developer, and I don't have a Mac to make a fixed version myself. If you can't fix it by changing file permissions yourself, you'd need to wait for a fix from @The Architect. Not sure how he packages the game after porting it to Mac, but often when unpacking and repacking and archive in Windows, file permissions will be all wrong for Mac and Linux.

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
I see. If you can compare the permissions for files and folders for 0.2.1, and try to make them the same for 0.2.5, it might work. I haven't done any changes to the files that was published by the developer, and I don't have a Mac to make a fixed version myself. If you can't fix it by changing file permissions yourself, you'd need to wait for a fix from @The Architect. Not sure how he packages the game after porting it to Mac, but often when unpacking and repacking and archive in Windows, file permissions will be all wrong for Mac and Linux.
permissions appear to be the same [between v2.1 and v2.5] for the (few) files I compared

4.70 star(s) 149 Votes