4.70 star(s) 149 Votes

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
permissions appear to be the same [between v2.1 and v2.5] for the (few) files I compared
If permissions for all the files are the same, then it should be enough to do "chmod +x" in console on the files that's supposed to be executable files. If it still won't run after chmod+x, there's probably still files and/or folders with wrong permissions.

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
Early on I wrote about how I viewed Clara is being presented as a prissy bitch, and how I think that is a poorly used trope. Well it gets better in chapter 2. She seems a little innocent but not so much so that I eyeroll.

I definitely think this is improving.

Saying that, I really think this should have been a female protagonist game, though it's to late to change now. The reality is we play Clara in chapter 2. That is also the best part of the game so far. I give 0 shits for chapter 1 to be honest. You send her out to be molested by others and the MC never does anything himself... /yahn. If this was just played Clara the whole time we could focus more on role playing the corruption that the situations are forcing Clara into. Playing the dude telling Clara what to do feels detached and doesn't work for me. I just ignore the MC and role play Clara personally and the game feels better. Obviously others will disagree.

No matter what keep at it The Architect, this is starting to get good even with my issues with it.

Reactions: LaPein and stoper

OGRey

Jul 7, 2018
Early on I wrote about how I viewed Clara is being presented as a prissy bitch, and how I think that is a poorly used trope. Well it gets better in chapter 2. She seems a little innocent but not so much so that I eyeroll.

I definitely think this is improving.

Saying that, I really think this should have been a female protagonist game, though it's to late to change now. The reality is we play Clara in chapter 2. That is also the best part of the game so far. I give 0 shits for chapter 1 to be honest. You send her out to be molested by others and the MC never does anything himself... /yahn. If this was just played Clara the whole time we could focus more on role playing the corruption that the situations are forcing Clara into. Playing the dude telling Clara what to do feels detached and doesn't work for me. I just ignore the MC and role play Clara personally and the game feels better. Obviously others will disagree.

No matter what keep at it The Architect, this is starting to get good even with my issues with it.
I'm really tired of that female protagonist conversation. Ihhhhh

Reactions: WSmith

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
That's something I struggled to decide in the beginning. I like female protagonist games, but it always feels out of context how a female MC suddenly 'slutifies' just because me as player starts to control her, and following an 'innocent' path seems always bland.
I tried to create this 'Rick' MC as an additional 'layer' (like us, he is a male playing a game with a female character). He exists also to define specific motivations for going in the different paths: Corrupt her for the money, or keep her innocent only for himself. In both paths he will have opportunities to 'score' her anyway...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Ineffably ... MC is Lara all through any of her other games ... Running circles around the competition and always managing to play the victim, play the naive, play the distraught.
MC has a mission ... all that can be done is sabotage. Whether we get to actually see both protagonists have some interaction in the end or get kicked out ... is all on the architect.

OGRey

Jul 7, 2018
That's something I struggled to decide in the beginning. I like female protagonist games, but it always feels out of context how a female MC suddenly 'slutifies' just because me as player starts to control her, and following an 'innocent' path seems always bland.
I tried to create this 'Rick' MC as an additional 'layer' (like us, he is a male playing a game with a female character). He exists also to define specific motivations for going in the different paths: Corrupt her for the money, or keep her innocent only for himself. In both paths he will have opportunities to 'score' her anyway...
Thank God that we are in the same page 100%. "but it always feels out of context how a female MC suddenly 'slutifies' just because me as player starts to control her, and following an 'innocent' path seems always bland." Yea that was what i'm thinking.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You are in training ... just try the other architectural masterpieces linked in the Opening Post and make your warm up run a success ->Previous Games: - -

Reactions: OGRey

Patrik

Mar 8, 2017
Hi, new info

Hi folks!
Sorry for the radio silence! These last days were rough and I focused on using the scarce free available time to work on content for next version.
My plan is to end chapter 2 next version, but I still have to evaluate if the time needed to polish will fit the desired monthly release cycle. It will feature at least 2 new scenes and more locations at the village environment.
Peace!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I downloaded the Mac version, and it wouldn't run, as reported earlier. I ran Permission Fixer on it, and it worked fine after that.

The issue, @The Architect , is 7zip and winRAR don't preserve Mac/Linux file permissions. You should use the system's zip tool to create the archive. If you decide to make a Linux version too, you'll need to do the same thing.

Thanks @WaveOfPig for bringing this to my attention.

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I downloaded the Mac version, and it wouldn't run, as reported earlier. I ran Permission Fixer on it, and it worked fine after that.

The issue, @The Architect , is 7zip and winRAR don't preserve Mac/Linux file permissions. You should use the system's zip tool to create the archive. If you decide to make a Linux version too, you'll need to do the same thing.

Thx for the info. Next version I'll remember to pack the osx version in a zip

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017

Yéééé! (French spelling of Yeahhhh!), it works! Thanks from the bottom of my underwear (I mean, my heart), I missed that lovely Lara, but now I have permission to see her again. (Singing: Under my thumb, she's the sweetest/pet in the world...)

Reactions: WaveOfPig
4.70 star(s) 149 Votes