UmbraDraconis242

Feb 5, 2020
Okay, first time post, I think, but... Does anybody have a fix or work around for the whole 'Renpy does not work' because I have tried all of the fixes that I could find online. Moved it to a shorter filepath, moved it to a different drive, moved it to C:, moved it to Program Files, deleted everything and started over... nothing works. The ONLY thing that works, partially, is running the x32 version, and that just crashed the entire computer, though I most of the way through v37, in the middle of finally railing Jasmine. There have been a few game crashes, I just save often and reload, making sure each save has a valid image in the save/load screen to be sure. That was the first full system crash I have had in a very long time, so something is very wrong. IS THERE A FIX? Yes, it's win11, a brand new computer only a few months old, yes it is all up to date, drivers and windows and everything else.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Okay, first time post, I think, but... Does anybody have a fix or work around for the whole 'Renpy does not work' because I have tried all of the fixes that I could find online. Moved it to a shorter filepath, moved it to a different drive, moved it to C:, moved it to Program Files, deleted everything and started over... nothing works. The ONLY thing that works, partially, is running the x32 version, and that just crashed the entire computer, though I most of the way through v37, in the middle of finally railing Jasmine. There have been a few game crashes, I just save often and reload, making sure each save has a valid image in the save/load screen to be sure. That was the first full system crash I have had in a very long time, so something is very wrong. IS THERE A FIX? Yes, it's win11, a brand new computer only a few months old, yes it is all up to date, drivers and windows and everything else.
First mention of someone having issues with Ren'py itself.

Do you play any other Ren'py games? Do they work? What exactly happens when you try to run the 64-bit version of the game?

Note: I'm not likely to have answers to the problem, so don't expect me to reply; just prompting for enough info that someone else may be able to make a diagnosis.

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
Of course. But, you need to 'git gud' at it. Tossing in the troll face kills it. You want to catch real reactions to gauge how other people are. So, take it from an old dude.
Oh, I know the strats, I'm not new to that game either.

Killing it by tossing in the mighty trollface was the real joke here.

and also to deflate any idea of seriousness on my part in the minds of potential readers. I'm not posting in this thread to start a shitstorm and/or recieve said shitstorm in the face XD

3.80 star(s) 286 Votes