bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
When I was a kid, I was the remote control. Dad would whack me on the back of the head and announce the channel, I would hop up, turn the dial and fine tune the antennae.

We were spoiled. We got networks from three different cities, Atlanta, GA, Chattanooga, TN and Huntsville, AL. A total of around 15 channels(9 of which were just different versions of three networks, ABC, CBS and NBC) We had a large antennae affixed to a metal pole, right next to one of the living room windows. I would open the window and use the attached piece of angle iron to "aim" the antennae towards the city in question. East for Atlanta, Northeast for Chattanooga or Northwest for Huntsville, AL.

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
When I was a kid, I was the remote control. Dad would whack me on the back of the head and announce the channel, I would hop up, turn the dial and fine tune the antennae.

We were spoiled. We got networks from three different cities, Atlanta, GA, Chattanooga, TN and Huntsville, AL. A total of around 15 channels(9 of which were just different versions of three networks, ABC, CBS and NBC) We had a large antennae affixed to a metal pole, right next to one of the living room windows. I would open the window and use the attached piece of angle iron to "aim" the antennae towards the city in question. East for Atlanta, Northeast for Chattanooga or Northwest for Huntsville, AL.
You had it down to a fine science!!!

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I was never into that stuff. When I was younger, I watched shows like Scooby Doo, Super Friends and H.R. Puffinstuf. :LOL:
Super Friends was the jam. Ethnic diversity before it was all woke trash... I mean, yeah, it was a little stereotypical in its presentations, but they were honestly trying and gave a damn about the story being fun and not preachy.

But you bring up Scooby Doo made me think it would be so funny for an update be a Scooby Doo parody. Molly is scared enough to pull off a Scooby impression. We do have to get to solving the mystery of, "the neighbor whose wife we need to bone."

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
As someone who grew up with one black-and-white tv with bunny-ear antennas and hand worked dials... hearing you say you hooked up a laptop with Bluetooth speakers to your tv and call it ghetto made me laugh. :ROFLMAO:
Lol, no worries, I was like 18-20 during that time. Certainly didn't have black and white, but most of childhood was spent with either the bunny ears, or someone had to crawl onto the roof to adjust our antenna a few times a day.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
We had black and white console TV in the living room. It also had an AM/FM radio and a record player inside of it.
I still have my father's record player from the seventies. I don't dare play any of my treasured records in it, but I can't get rid of it.

I was the first teenager to have my own TV in my bedroom.
No such luck. I had to work my ass through college and even bought my own house before having a TV in my bedroom. And then it didn't make sense anymore.

Ah, the good old days. Where you actually had to get off your ass to change the tv channel
In my country, we had only two channels for a very long time and news and sports would air on the same, so...

Dang I feel old now, when I was little we went to see the TV to our grandma's house...
I'm starting to notice a disturbing trend here... On the bright side, it's funny to think of all this discussion without it being off topic.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I was never into that stuff. When I was younger, I watched shows like Scooby Doo, Super Friends and H.R. Puffinstuf. :LOL:
They were a must to me too especially Super Friends, they got me good because anime were completely different at the time, but it's a matter of personal taste, the most important thing was the love for Japan they gave me. :giggle:

Reactions: ApexPredatorElite

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
You had it down to a fine science!!!
We took it one step further, when we built our new house. Dad put a motor on the pipe for the antennae with a control wire leading down to the living room, where we had a controller with a dial. You could turn it left or right, hold it until the inner arrow lined up with your mark made around the dial. Meanwhile outside, the motor was twisting the pole to face in the chosen direction.

I did not have cable TV until I went to college in 1989. I had seen some stuff on cable tv, when visiting friends who lived in town(we lived up on a mountain, out in the country).

Taylan13

Feb 27, 2022
A little question for the veterans here or for the developer: How often do we have an update on average? monthly, two months or more?

Reactions: creyden

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
A little question for the veterans here or for the developer: How often do we have an update on average? monthly, two months or more?
Now this how a Newbie here should act, instead of running to the post REEEEEEing or demanding shit or whatever. Come in, being respectful & asking questions. Not making statements like, why no nana sex or Molly has balls, wtf.... etc...

You sir I can tell will be an asset to the thread.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Guys, guys, I grew up in a country where TV didn't exist until I was 9. At 11 I forcibly (expatriation) moved to a more advanced place where there was 2 TV channels and color TV happened when I was 16.

I'm not THAT old, but, there are many realities out there...

Peace :)

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
The scene with Karen was just great, which is why she is preferrable to Annabelle, but like i said earlier, Moonbox could always bring her back to help train Annabelle :love:
I also enjoyed Karen's scene a lot but, by the end, she seemed quite tamed. Annabelle was the opposite. She'll need heavy training.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MoonBox
3.80 star(s) 286 Votes