FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Usually i couldn't care less about people giving me a facepalm but i gotta ask Black Mamba24 here, what exactly was worthy of a facepalm in that post?
Critical thinking killing "theories" that are pleasant and interesting???? Facepalm the bitch!! Make them afraid to ever even think again, you should go with the mob, how dare you to think and ::gasp:: read. /s

Or maybe you uttered the cursed words "Child's Body"? Or was it the kinky word "Between"?

It was "Between", wasn't it? Yeah, I think it was...

Let's try: "Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between"|"Between".

This should give me enough ::Facepalm:: to fuel my gif for a month.

facepalm.gif

Yay!!!!

Peace :D

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Honestly, it might not be the best writing, but it'd be better. And to be honest, Sophies father hasn't been relevant to anyone yet. No one other than MC has MCs fathers name. If I recall correctly. So it's not like Ophelia would have had reason to connect Sophie to our family.
Considering Ophelia is supposedly friends with the titled Grandma she would absolutely know her familes names, including MC's dad.

Nana loves her family so I can't see her not talking about her kids and grandkids.

Which would then mean Ophelia made the choice to keep Sophie's parentage secret from her "friend" and deny Nana more family.

Which would, in the eyes of dear sweet Nana, be a betrayal of incredible magnitude.

Which would also mean Ophelia kept Sophie in the dark about her extended family and denied her a proper familial relationship with her best friend who in turn is her cousin.

It would also mean that Ophelia would quickly go from being a potential fuck buddy to being most hated in the game by 2 of the sweetest characters.

Or it could be troped to hell and we gloss over the years of lies and deceit while pretending Ophelia isn't a complete bitch.

MoonBox

Asses & Affection
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 11, 2021
Considering Ophelia is supposedly friends with the titled Grandma she would absolutely know her familes names, including MC's dad.

Nana loves her family so I can't see her not talking about her kids and grandkids.

Which would then mean Ophelia made the choice to keep Sophie's parentage secret from her "friend" and deny Nana more family.

Which would, in the eyes of dear sweet Nana, be a betrayal of incredible magnitude.

Which would also mean Ophelia kept Sophie in the dark about her extended family and denied her a proper familial relationship with her best friend who in turn is her cousin.

It would also mean that Ophelia would quickly go from being a potential fuck buddy to being most hated in the game by 2 of the sweetest characters.

Or it could be troped to hell and we gloss over the years of lies and deceit while pretending Ophelia isn't a complete bitch.
Nana is MCs maternal grandma so they got different last names. Ophelia only found out what his last name was when he filled out the work application.

Side note to anyone expecting good writing from grandma's house: I thought red herring was a type of fish up until 5 minutes ago

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022

All GREAT points Ava. Except, Allison is the mother of the MC's mother, Anne. His father, and that whole side of the family (except now, obviously, Sophia) isn't part of the game.

I don't remember the exact dialogues, but, I got the impression that Allison wasn't that keen on MC's father. Ophelia also didn't seem very impressed with him. Since Sophia is the same age of Kat and Melissa, these donations to a Sperm Bank, feel a bit cheaty. Maybe he didn't cheat on Anne, by having sex with someone, but, making sperm donations feels like a close second. I may be wrong, but potentially (and effectively) impregnating women not your wife, is quite bad in my view. Maybe, Anne knew and agreed with it, maybeeeee.

I know that this is totally NOT what was your point, but, I think that finding out that her daughter Anne was sidestepped that way wouldn't make Allison that happy, and maybe that's why Ophelia kept the secret. Not to betray her friend, but to protect her and her daughter from a very painful discovery. At least, I imagine that most women wouldn't really enjoy that type of action from their husband and father of her kids.

This whole story has yet to be told, we are just speculating on a strongly hinted situation. But, it is fair to extrapolate.

Anyway Peace :)

Reactions: kcaldw

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
All GREAT points Ava. Except, Allison is the mother of the MC's mother, Anne. His father, and that whole side of the family (except now, obviously, Sophia) isn't part of the game.

I don't remember the exact dialogues, but, I got the impression that Allison wasn't that keen on MC's father. Ophelia also didn't seem very impressed with him. Since Sophia is the same age of Kat and Melissa, these donations to a Sperm Bank, feel a bit cheaty. Maybe he didn't cheat on Anne, by having sex with someone, but, making sperm donations feels like a close second. I may be wrong, but potentially (and effectively) impregnating women not your wife, is quite bad in my view. Maybe, Anne knew and agreed with it, maybeeeee.

I know that this is totally NOT what was your point, but, I think that finding out that her daughter Anne was sidestepped that way wouldn't make Allison that happy, and maybe that's why Ophelia kept the secret. Not to betray her friend, but to protect her and her daughter from a very painful discovery. At least, I imagine that most women wouldn't really enjoy that type of action from their husband and father of her kids.

This whole story has yet to be told, we are just speculating on a strongly hinted situation. But, it is fair to extrapolate.

Anyway Peace :)
And you forgot to point out that the Mc's parents were always fighting. So maybe Anne found out about his donations and thats why they were fighting.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Maybe he didn't cheat on Anne, by having sex with someone, but, making sperm donations feels like a close second. I may be wrong, but potentially (and effectively) impregnating women not your wife, is quite bad in my view. Maybe, Anne knew and agreed with it, maybeeeee.
According to Fairfax Cryobank frozen sperm has been used for a successful insemination and implantation up to 19 years after freezing.
Dad could've donated that sperm before he even met MC's mom.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FatGiant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
According to Fairfax Cryobank frozen sperm has been used for a successful insemination and implantation up to 19 years after freezing.
Dad could've donated that sperm before he even met MC's mom.
Good point. I failed to consider that. Kudos.

Peace :)

uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
If she was his sister, he'd have recognised her.

Theories only work when they make sense. He was incredibly close to his sister, if he'd seen her, we'd know about it.

Doesn't mean she's not family but she 100% is not his "missing" sister.
shes saying his dad was a sperm donor....how would he know she was his sister...normally thats anon

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
shes saying his dad was a sperm donor....how would he know she was his sister...normally thats anon
Hey, those are two different sisters. Wires have been crossed somewhere...

Avaron was talking about the sister that we don't know if it's dead or alive. You are talking about the possible sister that hasn't been confirmed yet. Both are unknowns for now, so, instead of "sister" use their names. Melissa the dead or alive sister, and Sophia the is sister or not.

So, Avaron was replying to someone saying that it would be fun if either the stewardess or that girl in the white dress in the hotel were Melissa. To what she replied, correctly in my view, that he would recognize her, so, not a good theory.

Your reply confuses Sophia with Melissa, they are NOT the same person. Cool???? Cool!

Reactions: S1nsational

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Sperm donors aren’t always anonymous, some donors actually want to be able to be found if the kids born from it would like to meet them. And even if the sperm bank doesn’t inform the recipient of the donor, their paper work still has the person’s info so it can be found if needed. This is sometimes needed for medical reason among many others.

Someone like Ophelia could find that info if she wanted to, even if it was just for her own curiosity, let alone if it was needed for some reason because of a medical question of issue that may have arisen at some point during Sophia’s life, or the donor just didn’t mind the women using his sperm knowing who he was.

All this is of course just fun speculation. So there isn’t a reason to take it too serious. Also as MoonBox basically said, we shouldn’t expect too much from the story. It’s just a fun ride where fun things happen and things may not always be the most realistic or true to life. I mean the MC has “super sperm.”And after all, we just literally ran into our midget lover halfway around the world while nude in a random hotel for a reason that was never given. As just the most recent “unrealistic,” thing to happen.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Vleder and FatGiant

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Time to poke ye olde holes in all the things.

Firstly, the comment you quoted was referencing his "missing" sister not the donor one. People keep speculating she's alive then saying it could be X or Y girl that walked past him, or in that persons case, even Soph.

Problem there is he was incredibly close to his sister and would recognise her which makes her being someone we know just silly.

Secondly, the donor.

They are anon which begs the question how would Ophelia know?

Even if she did know, Nana's daughter is married to said donor and there is no way Nana didn't talk about her family to her friend which means Ophelia should know the name of MC's dad and who MC is.

Ophelia not knowing leaves a couple of possibilities that Nana isn't as friendly as she pretends to be. She claims she loves her family and all her friends know Amy and Liz so why is MC's mother suddenly the black sheep that is never mentioned?

Or.... Nana just doesn't like Ophelia very much and hasn't talked about her family.

Both of which mean Nana's sweet personality is fake.

So either Soph IS the MC's half sister and we have a glaring plot hole or she isn't and we have a glaring plot hole.

Either way, the whole Soph thing is a mess.

There is no way the family orientated Nana didn't talk about her daughters marriage. Considering how close she is to her grandson then his parents would be mentioned.

The only conclusion left is MC's dad was hated by the family and no one ever mentioned his name in the whole time he's been married to her daughter.

Or Ophelia is an idiot and couldn't connect the dots.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Time to poke ye olde holes in all the things.

Firstly, the comment you quoted was referencing his "missing" sister not the donor one. People keep speculating she's alive then saying it could be X or Y girl that walked past him, or in that persons case, even Soph.

Problem there is he was incredibly close to his sister and would recognise her which makes her being someone we know just silly.

Secondly, the donor.

They are anon which begs the question how would Ophelia know?

Even if she did know, Nana's daughter is married to said donor and there is no way Nana didn't talk about her family to her friend which means Ophelia should know the name of MC's dad and who MC is.

Ophelia not knowing leaves a couple of possibilities that Nana isn't as friendly as she pretends to be. She claims she loves her family and all her friends know Amy and Liz so why is MC's mother suddenly the black sheep that is never mentioned?

Or.... Nana just doesn't like Ophelia very much and hasn't talked about her family.

Both of which mean Nana's sweet personality is fake.

So either Soph IS the MC's half sister and we have a glaring plot hole or she isn't and we have a glaring plot hole.

Either way, the whole Soph thing is a mess.

There is no way the family orientated Nana didn't talk about her daughters marriage. Considering how close she is to her grandson then his parents would be mentioned.

The only conclusion left is MC's dad was hated by the family and no one ever mentioned his name in the whole time he's been married to her daughter.

Or Ophelia is an idiot and couldn't connect the dots.
I would love to agree fully with you, not quite there on this one.

There's another option for the secrecy around Sophia's parentage. Ophelia, found about it after the fact and didn't want to hurt the "Very family oriented" Allison or her daughter by disclosing that her son-in-law fathered another girl around the same time as Melissa.

There's the possibility that the sperm collection had been made years before, as Momysbuttslut pointed out. That would make the act a bit more palatable (to me at least). There's also a possibility that the collection was more recent or even on demand, which would mean several different things.

As JoeTheMC84 says just above your post, anonymity can be broken for some purposes, that could explain that in different ways too.

We know that Anne and her husband fought a lot, not why. This could be the reason or part of it, or not part of it at all. All that helps to paint the MC's father in a relatively unfavorable light, that may, or may not be real.

Only MoonBox can solve this, if he has to use a Ouija board to ask Anne and her husband the relevant questions, it's up to him, he can just as fast make up whatever scenario and run with it... "It is a fantasy, it doesn't really matter" or something would maybe work.

But I agree, there's a bit of a mess in Sophia's parentage, it could be a plot hole, or maybe not. Let's help him find the roll of "Fix-It Tape" to mend the hole and pretend it isn't even there...

Reactions: S1nsational

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Ophelia, found about it after the fact and didn't want to hurt the "Very family oriented" Allison or her daughter by disclosing that her son-in-law fathered another girl around the same time as Melissa.
Because secrets always turn out so well.

Just to note that while Ophelia, in your scenario, protected those people from Sophs parentage getting out, she let her grandaughter get dragged up by an emotionally abusive narcissist that even Ophelia couldn't control.

Not trying to shit on the game, these "surprise family reveals" are probably one of my biggest hates in all of media.

I hate them because there is no good way of doing them. There is no scenario where anyone comes out looking good.

In this case either Ophelia neglected her grandaughter and let he believe her uber karen of a mother was her only family while keeping secrets from her supposed friend which in turn makes Ophelia look like a dick.

Or....

Nana neglected to mention her daughters husband to anyone and shunned hin which would have had a knock on effect to everyone involved including MC and would also call Nana's personality into question because she would be showing she does harbour such intense hatred of one man she basically blacklisted him from the family. As her daughter would most likely have taken his name, and also given the clue to Ophelia, it also means Nana never mentioned her daughter or never mentioned her marriage.

That, and other reasons that will likely come to light as things are revealed, are why I hate certain twists in media.

It seems like a fun idea on the ideas board "ooh look, surprise family". Then you put it in action and it makes a chunk of the cast either look dumb for never noticing or douchey for lying.

It's not the game, it's that particular trope. I just hate it so much. I've never seen a surprise family member reveal done well.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Because secrets always turn out so well.

Just to note that while Ophelia, in your scenario, protected those people from Sophs parentage getting out, she let her grandaughter get dragged up by an emotionally abusive narcissist that even Ophelia couldn't control.

Not trying to shit on the game, these "surprise family reveals" are probably one of my biggest hates in all of media.

I hate them because there is no good way of doing them. There is no scenario where anyone comes out looking good.

In this case either Ophelia neglected her grandaughter and let he believe her uber karen of a mother was her only family while keeping secrets from her supposed friend which in turn makes Ophelia look like a dick.

Or....

Nana neglected to mention her daughters husband to anyone and shunned hin which would have had a knock on effect to everyone involved including MC and would also call Nana's personality into question because she would be showing she does harbour such intense hatred of one man she basically blacklisted him from the family. As her daughter would most likely have taken his name, and also given the clue to Ophelia, it also means Nana never mentioned her daughter or never mentioned her marriage.

That, and other reasons that will likely come to light as things are revealed, are why I hate certain twists in media.

It seems like a fun idea on the ideas board "ooh look, surprise family". Then you put it in action and it makes a chunk of the cast either look dumb for never noticing or douchey for lying.

It's not the game, it's that particular trope. I just hate it so much. I've never seen a surprise family member reveal done well.
Now we got there. :D

Yeah, it was a Nyx move. Completely unnecessary and probably hard to explain fully.

Agree, someone will be left holding the burning bag of feces, wherever the story goes.

I'm glad that I could understand your POV finally. :D

Wutzel

Aug 6, 2017
Great update thx for this, but can me pls someone tell what are pelican kibbles, I know what that means but as german never heard. Is that like an english or american weird phrase for something like a other weird sentence "I call shotgun"?

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
I decided to scan through the whole Minnie scene and when MC said You also have a fever I was hoping he would had hit her with this line.... "I have to check your temperature with this thermometer bam sex lol

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Great update thx for this, but can me pls someone tell what are pelican kibbles, I know what that means but as german never heard. Is that like an english or american weird phrase for something like a other weird sentence "I call shotgun"?
Maybe a reference to "My New Family"? Not sure myself.

Reactions: Blacktusk
3.80 star(s) 286 Votes