Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
It's going to interesting to see the look on Amy's face when she finds out that her sisters boyfriend is also her nephew.
There's a scene in another, similar game that will have LIs in the 20s, where all of the core seven LIs (I actually think it was only 6 at the time) are telling MeeMaw and Aunt Betty about their boyfriends, I mean their boyfriend, singular. Of course, because the MC is honoring each LI's right to share when they are ready, they don't realize they're all talking about the MC. It was an amusing scene like the one here in 0.35.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
There's a scene in another, similar game that will have LIs in the 20s, where all of the core seven LIs (I actually think it was only 6 at the time) are telling MeeMaw and Aunt Betty about their boyfriends, I mean their boyfriend, singular. Of course, because the MC is honoring each LI's right to share when they are ready, they don't realize they're all talking about the MC. It was an amusing scene like the one here in 0.35.
Ha! First time I've seen these games compared in this direction ^_^

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
You mention "immersion" as if that is the be all and end all of everything, I'm sorry. Immersion shouldn't be provided, it should be created by the reader. Or player.
And we've seen all to often, the consequences of too much immersion. For some, it reaches an unhealthy level and they are devastated when the story doesn't follow their particular fantasy.
Am I saying that you are wrong? No, you are just presuming that everyone needs their food pre-masticated. Some of us find great pleasure in doing that work ourselves.

Instead of discovering the gunpowder and coming here to preach for us your extolled virtues of what amounts to fast-food, please understand that this isn't a general rule, and some of us prefer slow long diners 2 times a month, instead of a fast-food extravaganza once every 2 months (or more, much more).

Peace :(
Wonderful analogies, sir.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I'm not sure how other people on this thread think about that, but animations make a game more immversive than trying to read a bunch of text hiding the "action" of the sex scenes. It may slow down production, but people may think that quantity is more important than quality. I would rather wait a month or two for a decent size update with animations, than a bunch of smaller ones with just a bunch of stills and lots of text describing the "action" during parts of the game. Same goes with background music and sound effects. Playing a game without those is like watching a movie or tv show on mute. You can see what's happening, but it's very boring. I know there are a lot of plugins for daz to make animations easier and quicker to help with making games. The same goes for the text. When a scene shows the MC kissing or hugging one of the women, a description isn't needed on the screen to see what's happening. Having a kissing sound effect would make it more immersive.
Came here for another thing (Elhemeer informed me of a post mentioning my game) and read this comment. I will answer as a dev, not as a player, since you talk about Daz plugins and development time. It's not my thread, I haven't played GH, and perhaps I'm putting my nose where it doesn't belong, but I've been following Moonbox's work as a role model for someone with great consistency and quickness in his releases. If that's the case, I beg my apologies to MoonBox.

Animations take time. A lot of time. Even with the best plugins out there. Right now I'm making a 300+ frames animation. That would mean ~10s of content. I've been posing it for more than 6h, since the bought animation doesn't fit perfectly the characters because of the size difference between them and the standard G8 figure. It will take more than 20h to render (4 min per frame even with the best plugins). How many words will be in that animation? 7-8 sentences. I publish monthly because doing it bi-weekly like Moonbox would mean small updates. If those 26h dedicated to 7-8 sentences could be spent on not-animated frames, perhaps I would have done 80-90 images and 80-100 dialogue lines (the way still images work in my game with a ratio of almost 1-1). Remember dialogue is what allows the story to develop.

What is the best option? A game that publishes twice a month without animations, a game that publishes every month with some animations, or a game that publishes every 4+ months with a lot of animations? Every player will have his/her preferred answer. Every dev will make his/her choice.

Back to my thread!

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I understand that. I have played a lot of VN's over the last 5 years. The ones with animations during the sex scenes are more enjoyable, in my opinion, and I don't need a bunch of text overlayed hiding or describing said action.
So you've played a lot of VN's over 5 years...
Surely you should know that pressing "H" hides the text?

3.80 star(s) 286 Votes