Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Wow a South Park fan how original. I myself grew up to real cartoons not that crap. I grew up to Vampire Hunter, Robotech, DragonBall and others.
I know that anime like Dragonball, Vampire Hunter and the others are better then something like south park but you don't have to be so demeaning about it. Just say you don't like South Park.
Peace:)

CircaAD

Oct 9, 2021
I know that anime like Dragonball, Vampire Hunter and the others are better then something like south park but you don't have to be so demeaning about it. Just say you don't like South Park.
First time I've ever seen anyone trying to kink shame using Dragonball as an exemplar. My kids watched that...

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
I'm sorry Satou I get kinda protective when people use that F*****g quote from that show. Yes that is my name and I am sorta protective of it since I was named after my uncle who died in Vietnam. I promise to be nicer.

• Wow
Reactions: S1nsational

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
First time I've ever seen anyone trying to kink shame using Dragonball as an exemplar. My kids watched that...
Hey I grew up to Looney tunes as well. Ain't nothing wrong with Dragonball my girls love that show and Gundam.

Reactions: CircaAD

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Wow a South Park fan how original. I myself grew up to real cartoons not that crap. I grew up to Vampire Hunter, Robotech, DragonBall and others.
I grew up watching Felix the Cat, Scooby-Doo (when it started), Speed Buggy, and - of course - the Looney Tunes shorts. Let's see - Pink Panther, Ant and the Aardvark, Josie and the Pussycats (both on Earth and In Outer Space), and many others. Sorry, none of the 4 stations I had available had any anime (I believe some was available in the 1960s and 1970s). For most of my youth, cartoons were still relegated to Saturday mornings, and you planned out which shows you were going to watch. Not that it was usually a big deal, since the seasons were usually 13 episodes, so you could usually see them at least three times.

And no way my folks would have ever let me watch South Park as a kid. I doubt they would have let me watch The Simpsons.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I grew up watching Felix the Cat, Scooby-Doo (when it started), Speed Buggy, and - of course - the Looney Tunes shorts. Let's see - Pink Panther, Ant and the Aardvark, Josie and the Pussycats (both on Earth and In Outer Space), and many others. Sorry, none of the 4 stations I had available had any anime (I believe some was available in the 1960s and 1970s). For most of my youth, cartoons were still relegated to Saturday mornings, and you planned out which shows you were going to watch. Not that it was usually a big deal, since the seasons were usually 13 episodes, so you could usually see them at least three times.

And no way my folks would have ever let me watch South Park as a kid. I doubt they would have let me watch The Simpsons.
So grandma's a contemporary for you then.

• Haha
Reactions: CircaAD and Ruffuss

WigglyWorld84

Aug 14, 2021

Star Blazers was the only one I know of in the US in the 1970s. It was Space Battleship Yamato in Japan, iirc.

I still call all animation, cartoons, becasue of my age. When I listen to music, I call it music. I dont start calling it the name for music used in the country where the music was produced. Seems silly and pretentious to me.

Reactions: CircaAD

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Star Blazers was the only one I know of in the US in the 1970s. It was Space Battleship Yamato in Japan, iirc.

I still call all animation, cartoons, becasue of my age. When I listen to music, I call it music. I dont start calling it the name for music used in the country where the music was produced. Seems silly and pretentious to me.
I've heard something about Kimba the White Lion.

Referring to Japanese cartoons as anime was a matter of my response to the person who felt he'd grown up on higher quality animation, listing several anime series. I see it no different than referring to specific genres of music (pop vs. death metal vs. rap), or time of origin of music (1980s vs 2000s); Inuyasha, One Piece, and Pokémon tend to have similarities that make them more like each other than like Scooby-Doo, DuckTales, or Dilbert - if for no other reason than artifacts of being dubbed into English. I agree, they're all cartoons.

Reactions: WigglyWorld84

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
I'm sorry Satou I get kinda protective when people use that F*****g quote from that show. Yes that is my name and I am sorta protective of it since I was named after my uncle who died in Vietnam. I promise to be nicer.
And I didn't even think about that being your real name (the k in your username probably should have been a clue), or just how tired you've probably grown of hearing that over the past 26 years. My apologies to you for not finding a way to be a bit more original.

3.80 star(s) 286 Votes