Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Just to know, was the game abandoned or not? Because it hasn't had an update for months and it's a bummer to see a game like this left at this point.
You can check progress on the creator's Patreon or their X profile to see if they might have posted any updates there.

Papertrail013

Apr 8, 2023
Just to know, was the game abandoned or not? Because it hasn't had an update for months and it's a bummer to see a game like this left at this point.
June 14th was the last time he said anything in patreon and that was for the last update. Great game but it might be over.

WolandFaust

Nov 2, 2018
Maybe there is, but that doesn't mean it will automatically be posted here.
It's RPGM MV though, so it's easy to build a Mac version yourself.

Download nwjs-v0.12.3-osx-x64.zip from
Unzip and check if the app nwjs runs (should be a grey window)
Download the PC version of this game and unzip.
Locate the folder www. Rename that folder to app.nw and copy it.
Look inside the nwjs app (right click, show package contents) and paste the app.nw folder inside /Contents/Resources.
Start the nwjs app. Instead of a grey window, you should now see Grolokk.

Edit: I wasn't able to make it run first but now I found a way to do it.

This is how you get this to work on current version (0.63), tested on Mac air m1 2020:

1. From the website above get the osx-64 version that compliments the exact month of the game version. For 0.63, which went out in May 2023, I used 0.76.1.
  2. Do as the quoted guide says.
  3. If you have an error "NWJS Required value 'name' is missing or invalid.", like I did, go inside the app.nw folder, and open the package.json file with a text program like notepad++ or TextEdit.
  4. Next, make sure the first line looks exactly like this (including the comma):
    "name": "{}",
  5. Save the file. This will allow you to play the game. However, you still won't be able to make game saves.
  6. In order to save games, open your Terminal in the parent folder of nwjs (The folder that contains the nwjs app), and run the following command from the Terminal to remove the app's quarantine by apple : xattr -d com.apple.quarantine nwjs.app/
  7. The game should work and save properly now. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: PBS666

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Tried this method today with a Macbook Air m1 2020. Won't work with the suggested software. The website in the link also has some more recent versions. So I tried the one for Mac m1 (armx64). Won't work on any of the versions that I tried. Probably due to changes done to the app's signature, which brand it as "broken".

Also tried the newer Intel OSX versions, believing maybe it could do some Rosseta 2 magic to get it to work. Didn't work either.

In conclusion, I believe this method is inapplicable to Apple silicon systems as of today. Hopefully, someone else may be able to solve the issue.
Indeed, using nwjs-v0.12.3-osx-x64 (which is the version the game is made with) it only crashes on my Macbook Pro running Monterey.
When I use nwjs-v0.29.0-osx-x64 instead it works after several false starts. The latter is not unusual for RPGM games though.
Keep in mind that Gatekeeper will have put quarantine on the nwjs app and the nwjs executable inside. You'll need to fix that in Terminal with the xattr command. Recommended for all games found here wether you're on Intel or Silicon.

Reactions: WolandFaust

WolandFaust

Nov 2, 2018
Indeed, using nwjs-v0.12.3-osx-x64 (which is the version the game is made with) it only crashes on my Macbook Pro running Monterey.
When I use nwjs-v0.29.0-osx-x64 instead it works after several false starts. The latter is not unusual for RPGM games though.
Keep in mind that Gatekeeper will have put quarantine on the nwjs app and the nwjs executable inside. You'll need to fix that in Terminal with the xattr command. Recommended for all games found here wether you're on Intel or Silicon.
I now got it to run with a much later version, no false starts whatsoever and edited my comment accordingly. Also got it to do saves like it should with help from your comments (this and another one in a different thread) and will now update my instructions. Thank you!

Reactions: PBS666

Weird forest Witcher

Feb 18, 2020
nobody knows what happened to the dev?
Good question, i assume he will release a giant update soon, first on patreon, a few months later here. Hope we get some more girls maybe get to meet Darcia again. It is a good game. I think it probably takes time to make it. Do you have any reason to think something "happened to the dev" ? I think next update will be around this month. Probably

sin(α)

Apr 11, 2020
Good question, i assume he will release a giant update soon, first on patreon, a few months later here. Hope we get some more girls maybe get to meet Darcia again. It is a good game. I think it probably takes time to make it. Do you have any reason to think something "happened to the dev" ? I think next update will be around this month. Probably
Either this or...

giphy.gif

jed999

May 26, 2021
I have GroloKK_v061 on my hard drive still, it was downloaded and played in December of 2021.
Is the v063 update worth my time or should I check back in a decade or so ?

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
I have GroloKK_v061 on my hard drive still, it was downloaded and played in December of 2021.
Is the v063 update worth my time or should I check back in a decade or so ?
You can check the changelog to see if there were any significant content updates made in the v063 update that may warrant your time/attention in playing through.

If not, just bookmark/watch the Grolokk page to see if there may be any significant content updates that would warrant your time in playing through. If not, you can always just check out other games in the meantime while you wait. Cheers!

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes