Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
Really enjoying this. Great game so far. all the characters I've encountered have been solid. Hopefully this a game that will see completion!
Please consider giving a 5 star review as good reviews are motivating especially for longevity of the game.
Thank you for the kind words and playing the game ❤

Pyrow

Mar 26, 2018
Does the public release seriously end right at the first quest (saving Emily) after all these updates?

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
I enjoyed it but I've seen your updates so frequently I'm surprised its so short.
Since I am coding the framework myself. Renpy code is open so most devs just copy/'are inspired' by it. The longer the game is in development the more unity comes on top as it allows for crazy thing while remaining optimized. ^.^

JuanokuG4

Dec 26, 2018
The game keeps freezing on specific images on mobile, making the start unplayable, or at the very least, not what i was looking for when downloading a visualnovel.
Dunno if i did something or if it's bugged

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
The game keeps freezing on specific images on mobile, making the start unplayable, or at the very least, not what i was looking for when downloading a visualnovel.
Dunno if i did something or if it's bugged
This wasn't reported to me before. Please specify which are those moments. I cannot reproduce this problem myself

JuanokuG4

Dec 26, 2018
This wasn't reported to me before. Please specify which are those moments. I cannot reproduce this problem myself
it was when the first choice popped up, i started to skip because i've played this before once. If i chose "do your job" it gets stuck in the still of the choice forever as the dialogue continued, and if i chose the other choice it worked up until the gun still pops up, then gets stuck on that until the fairy shows up, then it gets stuck on THAT forever. i don't know if it gets stuck again later because that's where i gave up :p
again, might be something on my end, but i started the game over and it still persisted

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
it was when the first choice popped up, i started to skip because i've played this before once. If i chose "do your job" it gets stuck in the still of the choice forever as the dialogue continued, and if i chose the other choice it worked up until the gun still pops up, then gets stuck on that until the fairy shows up, then it gets stuck on THAT forever. i don't know if it gets stuck again later because that's where i gave up :p
again, might be something on my end, but i started the game over and it still persisted
Although I tried it again and still cannot reproduce it. Thank you for reporting this as it gives me something to go off of for the future. Can you give me your phone model for future reference?

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
Thank you for playing the game and the feedback ❤

'Hold to overwrite' save takes ages, honestly I'd rather click 'confirm to overwrite save' than wait like this every time.
Faster overwrite and/or more save slots would be nice, as in VNs save slots can pile up pretty fast, especially when you have a lot of choices and animations/scenes.
For now it will stay like this, since there is planned feature around save that will be more convenient after the fact for confirm to save.

Arguably, quick save does save quick, but it's not a solution to this. I have no idea how many slots are there and I don't use quick save in games in general. I prefer controlled 'manual' saving where I can select the save slot over quick save spamming that creates saves ordered by date.
'overwrite' does not actually overwrite, but rather creates a new save?
It creates manual slot on the pointed spot. The overwritten slot goes to the bottom. You can still overwrite again the bottom slot and it will save at this exact position. Ordering and grouping by date will stay since I always go insane when renpy doesn't have it. There is no limit to slots as you can keep overwriting the bottom slots.

The ability to close window by pressing Esc or clicking outside of window is nice, but adding RMB to that would make it even better, allowing for convenient one-handed mouse controls.

On a screen with character details/card, why can't I esc/RMB out of that window? It only closes the main window with all cards ("Relations" window), leaving the character details open. After that clicking RMB would bring save window over the character card window.
Noted. Probably 0.51+

When I idle or reading reeeally slowly, the music just stops? Not looping? Is that how it's supposed to be?
This was reported to me but it's lower priority currently. It may be 0.51+

When I scroll mouse wheel up, music resets (plays from the beginning). It would make sense when you go back between different scenes with different music -- you go back, different scene makes the game turn on different track.
But in the scope of one scene, should the game start the track from the beginning if it was playing already?
Going back and still playing the same music at the same timeline spot would destroy the tempo of some scenes.

Possible typos?
Fixed rn. Will be 0.50

Thanks for playing ❤❤

4.00 star(s) 22 Votes