boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
You should check the changelogs, each update isn't that much.
This game is consistent in what it does, it actually has updates.
That is completely accurate. Also, generally, 1/2 updates don't have sex scenes in it but setting things up to follow.
Once you accept that, this VN can be a great time.

As for the update, for a no sex one (hardly), it was more interesting than I though, it introduces a new character called Mandy and she is very hot.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
GuiltyPleasure-0.26
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Nulldev

HLW15

Jun 11, 2018
I mean, yeah updates are consistent, but I bet that 1 update doesn't take more than 2 days to complete, yet it takes weeks to release. If he didn't have 20-30k a month from patreon and only had it as hobby during free time, then I would understand it. But full time, it's pathetic.

Reactions: Abhai and Firebeast

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my compressed Android port of Guilty Pleasure v0.26 with the multi-mod included.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links:

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
This is one of those threads at F95 I get some laughs out of every time there is an update... I will start by saying I really enjoy this game but am not a regular Patreon of Quonix. I only ever play every 5th update (15, 20, 25, etc...) so I get to enjoy a solid playthrough and every 5th update and every now & then I'll throw a $5 sub to the dev (then cancel again).

HOWEVER... it's a reall kick reading some of the posts with the non-paying entitled 'pirates' whingeing & complaining about 'how short the updates are", "how much of a milker the dev is", etc... ! LMAO!!!

There are some really dodgy devs making games that are posted here at F95 but Quonix's game is probably one of the most regularly updated games here. I don't know if Quonix is just on his own or has a small team (plus I really don't care either way) but if he is putting together a game in between a real job and managing to post regular manageable updates then he deserves kudos over a lot of other devs.

For example, another game I really enjoy is Summer Scent... I was a patreon after the thrird or fourth update coz I really enjoy playing it. Even though The Cap regularly provides updates on his itch.io page and is transparent in what he does, but 4-6 months in between updates caused me to lose interest & I will ony ever throw a sub AFTER each update happens.

My point is, if Cap was like Quonix and updated with regular small updates, he'd probably have a better paying & more regular grouip of followers / Patreons.

Wow!! Sorry for waffling on so much... but for now I'll sit back & chuckle away at the entitled ones saying how 'pathetic' the small updates on this game are!!! :D :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Peace out...

DKft

Apr 4, 2022
I see that the game has been in development for more than two years. I see that for every update there are only about 100+ renders. How much content is there?

ArhraCole

Apr 24, 2020
I see that the game has been in development for more than two years. I see that for every update there are only about 100+ renders. How much content is there?
Honestly, if you're new to the game there's a fair amount of content. Kind of depends on how you define it though I suppose. I personally have not fully made it through everything just yet, but I also take my time with these games. I also only picked it up in the last update.

weirdanime

Jul 30, 2019
I mean, yeah updates are consistent, but I bet that 1 update doesn't take more than 2 days to complete, yet it takes weeks to release. If he didn't have 20-30k a month from patreon and only had it as hobby during free time, then I would understand it. But full time, it's pathetic.
You've never developed anything in your life, have you? Writing isn't something you do in an afternoon and then posing takes a tremendous amount of time. Then you have to render everything and if you have a reasonably good machine, you render, say one render in five minutes. That's 12,5 hours to render 150 pictures. Then you have to code everything. You think it's done in two hours? And then on a pirate forum you read an opinion that your work is pathetic from some nobody who got your game for free.

SaltySugar

Dec 18, 2020
And then on a pirate forum you read an opinion that your work is pathetic from some nobody who got your game for free
If you only want to read how the dev is the greatest ever and the game is a masterpiece and everybody who doesn't like it is insecure, freeloader and some other cookie cutter insult go to these devs discords, they're pretty much echo chambers because complaining about people pirating games on a forum for pirated games whilst actively participating on that forum is actually ridiculous.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
shame on you.
this hardworking talented dev is doing everything he can, for free, and there are those ungrateful users/players posting such thingso_O
the only thing that is allowed to post is high paise for the dev and the game.
as that other users who has pointed how hard is to make avn..he obviouls yknow what is he talking about (though he isnt related to the dev in any way, no hose):KEK:

this is one of typical cash-grab projects, so dont expect much regarding an actual game and its updates.
if you put things in that perspective, you wont mind those endless 2-minute content updates, KN aspect and everything else that otherwise could bother you;)

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
This game is consistent in what it does, it actually has updates. Most are minor in terms of most people's expectations.

This is why most prefer to wait for a few updates before playing.
Yep steady progress, even if small, is still progress, and many prefer it to the somewhat random "it will update sometime this year, probably" of many games with larger updates.
Regular is, IMO, far preferable to irregular, and both are far superior to no updates at all.

As SonsOLiberty rightly says, this offers you all a choice - you can have the small updates, or you can wait for a few to stack up and play a larger update. That's an extra choice, agency for you, that big updates far between doesn't have and makes for you.

3.40 star(s) 116 Votes